Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying message on Facebook

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Annoying message on Facebook

Old 07-12-2021, 13:58   #31
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Annoying message on Facebook

Which browser are you using?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2021, 14:02   #32
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

https://www.fbpurity.com
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 14:12   #33
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Hi Tinky this is the current message we are being given on the FBP options page that you will be shown once you have managed to link FBP to FB.
Quote:
FBP Tip: Did you know Facebook are blocking people from sharing direct links to the FBPURITY.COM website, because they don't want anyone to know how good it is and they don't want Facebook users having control over what they see on their own computers. You can get around this by sharing links to the FBP fan page at http://facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity instead
If Tafs link doesn't work try the link in my link and see how you get on. Putting up decorations at the moment but I will keep checking up to see if it works. fingers crossed

Add//
Quote:
if anyone experiencing a problem viewing their newsfeeds and groups, with them showing no posts, this is due to a clash between FBP and the Adblock Plus extension, if you disable Adblock Plus for the Facebook website, things should go back to normal. FBP Blocks most ads on Facebook anyway, so you shouldnt notice much of a difference. Alternative options are to install "UBlock Origin" instead of Adblock Plus, as that is a higher rated and better extension, and does not cause a clash with F.B. Purity.
I had to swap and I can't fault Ublock it has even stopped some problems I was have on other sites

https://www.facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity

Last edited by joglynne; 07-12-2021 at 14:18.
joglynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 00:33   #34
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats the correct site, the download page is on the same site : https://www.fbpurity.com/install.htm

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:36   #35
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Many thanks everyone Purity now successfully installed, now to work out what is what.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:56   #36
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

It is useful to backup the original settings for FBP, them make new backups as you do your tweaking.
Old 08-12-2021, 19:29   #37
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Unfortunately Jo some of who I call/called my favourite posters over the past 15 years on here, have either passed away or not longer participate on CF, I do miss them, not least for their wealth of knowledge in solving my seemingly endless concerns/problems. What would I do/have done without them? The reason I keep coming back is because I totally rely on their ceaseless willingness to reassure/ help without seeking praise/thanks, bless them, they know who they are.
Very true ,thanks to all the members that offer help when i post what seems to them a very stupid question
Old 03-01-2022, 12:23   #38
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Here I go again, I have successfully downloaded Facebook Purity but now have a new annoying message. I am not off line when it appears and my Browser is Firefox help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annoying message.JPG (17.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-01-2022, 15:33   #39
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

This may not be related to FBP. I have hadit happen my Chromebook when I just stay on a site without any interaction and Facebook was one of those sites. In my case it was a setting that put my chromebook to sleep when it regarded that it was idle for more than 10 minutes. Maybe you have a similar setting in Windows ?

Probably I'm wrong and just scrolling for ages would still keep your laptop awake, it maybe just mine being a tad empathic as face book can sometimes put me to sleep as well.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:54   #40
Tinky
To err is human

Thanks for that Jo. It appears when I first log on to Pet rescue or Candy Crush. Looks like I am just going to have to put up with it.
Old 04-01-2022, 16:27   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats not a facebook message as such, it looks like your wireless telling you its offline (or thinks it is) for some reason.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 17:26   #42
Taf
cf.mega poster

The symbol is for a wifi connection, so maybe that is the problem?
Old 04-01-2022, 19:52   #43
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Thats not a facebook message as such, it looks like your wireless telling you its offline (or thinks it is) for some reason.
It seems to be Facebook as it happens on my android phone too. It's the only thing it does it on.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 17:41   #44
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I was clearing a lot of friends names from FB that are no longer with us. The next thing happened FB blocked me. How long will this block last does anyone know. I complained to Fb,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote