Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii to internet answers for stupid one Please

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Wii to internet answers for stupid one Please

Old 17-04-2009, 13:21   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Question Wii to internet answers for stupid one Please

I have Virgin broadband . Hard wired Ethernet connection to my PC.
I now have a Wii ( fed up with grand kids bringing there’s ) and getting it all wired up all the time.
Anyway I understand that from time to time there would be items to down load to the Wii.
To me the simplest way would be to take the Wii to the PC & connect it there. The question I need to ask is can this be done & if so how.
Only simple answers PLEASE
Ie does what( Ethernet cable) goes in to the PC to the Wii ? if so how

And if so how do I connect to monitor .
Is it an on screen key board ?
You see what I mean !!!!!
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2009, 13:39   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Wii to internet answers for stupid one Please

you will need either an ethernet to usb wii adapter I assume it will need to be branded as normal ones will need drivers or a wireless router

http://www.sourcingmap.com/usb-inter...l?currency=GBP ethernet adapter. If you use this method you will need to reboot the moden when you plug it in

You do not need a keyboard and mouse you use your pointer

http://www.plus.net/support/broadban...on_guide.shtml instructions here for both methods
Old 17-04-2009, 13:45   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

The Wii has an inbuilt wireless network adaptor. The simplest way to connect the Wii to the internet for any updates, downloads and stuff is to have a wireless router connected to your cable modem, and connect wirelessly to that. Your Wii can then make use of the internet via it's wireless connection.

You can get a wired adaptor for the Wii, but by the time you have spent money on that you've probably covered a lot of the cost of a wireless router.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 15:04   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Thank you

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Ok sorry I guess a really stupid question.
But first of all I have to say. When broadband was put on they/I tried the wireless route. It failed Virgin came back & hard wired it (Told Old house thick walls ,no good)
As I would view via PC monitor how do I connect that! Or am I looking at a long cable so as to use TV?
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 15:06   #5
zing_deleted

New games will update the system menu when you run the disc (unless you block it) Are you likely to play online? if not and you are not bothered about browsing you do not need the net connected to it