Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii and ebay

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii and ebay

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38   #1
zing_deleted

Wii and ebay

I want to sell my Wii on ebay. Would it be against their terms to sell it as software modded? What is the score with software modding consoles? I have not installed a chip or opened the box I have just installed software.

I am just thinking of listing it as Fully Software Modded with no other information or illegal media

If I was to list it and Ebay do not like it would I get banned or just would it be removed?
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wii and ebay

Is it illegal to mod the Wii? What does the mod allow you to do that the standard concole wouldn't?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:01   #3
zing_deleted

well the twilight hack only allows custom wads to be installed. Homebrew games and emulators ,on its own it does not allow for copied games to be installed.
Old 06-02-2009, 13:39   #4
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

If it doesn't invalidate the warranty I don't see how there can be a problem. If they did have a problem with it, they wouldn't ban you without giving you the opportunity to remove it.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 13:47   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

A friend of mine sold a modded PS2. It was reported to ebay, and they pulled it. Don't think they banned him though.

And, no, it was not modded to enable Piracy. When I had the PS2 (I initially sold it to him), I installed some sort of DVD Region hacking mod.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 14:20   #6
mr,m
Inactive

Services: VM XL V+ TV 10MBIT BB VM PHONE
mr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nice

They won't ban you,if they're unhappy with it they'll just de-list it.
I got away with selling,shall we say pretend,Dior charms for over a year,all my buyers knew they were "pretend" and no-one complained.I ended up getting a warning off ebay but carried on selling them anyway,nothing happened.
Wack it on Zing!!

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

By the way I woud'nt mention modded,why not say fully updated,anyone who wants one will know what you mean.
mr,m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:00   #7
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

AFAIK if it's soft modded you can't play online with friends.
Mine is soft modded and I can't play Mario Kart with my grandkids, as when I try to connect it says information about the console will be sent to Nintendo.
Whether this is true or not I don't know, but won't take a chance.
I can still connect to the internet, and send and recieve mii's, there is no warning when I do this.
You would have to say it's soft modded as the buyer may wish to play online with friends.
Fully updated would imply just that, not that it's soft modded.
I don't know if the machine can be reset to factory settings?
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:07   #8
zing_deleted

Ive played mario cart on mine without issue. Depending on what softmod you are using as long as you uninstall starfall you can just update the menu and it is reset
Old 13-02-2009, 10:29   #9
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

why do people always have to 'fiddle' with things?
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 11:29   #10
zing_deleted

well for me I bought an expensive peice of hardware which became mine imo once it was placed into my hands. Clever code writers wrote new software for this box but nintendo put restrictions on what I could put in the box meaning I had to hack it to get it to do what I want. So I did
Old 13-02-2009, 11:41   #11
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Have you sold it yet Zing? If not how much are you looking for it. You can pm me if you like.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 11:59   #12
zing_deleted

see pms dude
Old 13-02-2009, 12:02   #13
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
why do people always have to 'fiddle' with things?
If we couldn`t play backups on our "fiddled with" Wii then i would be replacing expensive game disks far too frequently.....that`s my excuse anyway.
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 17:47   #14
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

I can play Mario Kart, just not over t'internet.
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote