Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | beware counterfit ds lite chargers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

beware counterfit ds lite chargers

Old 15-01-2009, 15:39   #1
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
beware counterfit ds lite chargers

Hi all please be careful if you have purchased a nintendo ds lite over the internet. i brought one via mail order as a present for my god daughter. To cut a long story short the charger exploded christmas day and it was very lucky that no one was hurt and a serious fire avoided.

The matter is now in the hands of trading standards all i know at the moment is that the charger was not an official one and apparently the machine is not a uk one i didnt know this at the time as assumed as purchased from a reputable uk based mail order company the ds and all contents would be meant for uk and be off genuine nintendo manufacture

Please ensure your charger is an official uk one the uk ones are grey and have the nintendo logo on them.

As i dont want any of you or your loved ones to get hurt by these dangerous chargers
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2009, 16:04   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: beware counterfit ds lite chargers

Can you tell us where you got it from so people know where to avoid?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 16:08   #3
dodgem22
cf.addict

dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

im not sure if i can as trading standards and nintendo are investigating i dont know if i can name the company because of legal implications i will ask trading standards if i can name them if they say yes i will post the name
Old 15-01-2009, 18:37   #4
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

there was quite a bit about this before christmas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-consoles.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7766498.stm
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 19:20   #5
dodgem22
cf.addict

thanks for links.ds was not a cheap one though paid normal price for it and it was from a british companys website
Old 15-01-2009, 21:37   #6
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

may be they got caught out to like the supermarkets did with fake collgate toothpaste
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote