Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 14:08   #1246
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

I see that although the info bar at the top of V6 menu is trumpeting ITVX, here in Scotland pressing OK on that is the only way to launch the app as it's not on my app list. Much like ITV Hub wasn't, so we got an ITV Hub branded folder on VM's on-demand system.

Unless the app will appear after a reboot...I can't be bothered finding out right now.

Some of the ITVX content is on STV Player though, as part of a new deal just announced.
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2022, 02:06   #1247
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Paramount+ is launching next year on 360 and Stream, Peacock i simply don't see the point of , Sky channels air NBCU content , Universal Pictures releases premiere on Sky Cinema and Live Sports on Sky Sports obviously.
is the v6 just been abandoned now?
Old 11-12-2022, 08:15   #1248
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Peacock on Sky is nothing more than a folder of exclusive content - there is no app for UK. Like Lionsgate+ folder on V6.

But very little of interest to UK in it - unlike the US version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Paramount+ is launching next year on 360 and Stream, Peacock i simply don't see the point of , Sky channels air NBCU content , Universal Pictures releases premiere on Sky Cinema and Live Sports on Sky Sports obviously.
Old 14-12-2022, 15:05   #1249
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Yesterday and Drama now both HD on 129 and 130.
Old 14-12-2022, 16:17   #1250
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Thanks for info.

Boxnation is set to close sometime tonight from Midnight to 2am.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-12-2022, 17:02   #1251
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Thanks for info.

Boxnation is set to close sometime tonight from Midnight to 2am.
It's already closed on Sky.

Greyed out listings are still showing on my V6 box, so I'm wondering if it's still broadcasting on Virgin. Don't they normally switch off the encryption to show a closedown slate for encrypted channels that have closed down??
Old 14-12-2022, 17:30   #1252
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's already closed on Sky.

Greyed out listings are still showing on my V6 box, so I'm wondering if it's still broadcasting on Virgin. Don't they normally switch off the encryption to show a closedown slate for encrypted channels that have closed down??
Boxnation was still broadcasting at 2pm.

But at 4.05pm it was broadcasting but not with a moving picture.

Virgin has still to put up a information screen.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Are Virgin Media set to launch a new HD Channel?

I have just seen over on DBR that Virgin are "testing" a new channel called "Test Barker" on a HD Stream.

You can view it on CO56 slot 6.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-12-2022, 17:59   #1253
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
is the v6 just been abandoned now?
I was surprised to see ITVX launch on my V6. I think they’re going to dangle Disney+ and Paramount+ at us 360 refuseniks in the hope that we’ll “upgrade”
Old 14-12-2022, 18:08   #1254
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I was surprised to see ITVX launch on my V6. I think they’re going to dangle Disney+ and Paramount+ at us 360 refuseniks in the hope that we’ll “upgrade”

I might upgrade when the series link works as well as it does on V6
Old 14-12-2022, 18:10   #1255
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
That came out of nowhere...to me anyway. Many thanks.
Old 14-12-2022, 19:08   #1256
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's great news - nice to see some positive news from VM - interesting there wasn't any indication they were coming!
Old 14-12-2022, 19:53   #1257
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48 View Post
The 360 will need to drastically improve before I'll get it again. "Upgraded" in September but found it so bad I got them upgraded TiVo boxes replaced with 2new TiVo boxes best move I could have made

I didn't find anything good with it and will stick to my TiVo for as long as possible and unless the 360 greatly improves I'll be ditching virgin TV service and using streaming sites.
Old 14-12-2022, 21:02   #1258
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
The 360 will need to drastically improve before I'll get it again. "Upgraded" in September but found it so bad I got them upgraded TiVo boxes replaced with 2new TiVo boxes best move I could have made

I didn't find anything good with it and will stick to my TiVo for as long as possible and unless the 360 greatly improves I'll be ditching virgin TV service and using streaming sites.
Same here.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Yep, the 'carrot' -before the 'stick' is deployed.
Old 14-12-2022, 21:51   #1259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48 View Post
It does, I believe. Wasn’t the problem that originally the 360 couldn’t distinguish new programmes from the old? That was sorted a while back now, and new programmes are labelled appropriately. Did you have any other concerns?
Old 15-12-2022, 00:56   #1260
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Various additional on demand content looks set to be added to Virgin TV with new folders (currently empty) added to Virgin TV Go for:

- Sky Kids
- ITV OTT
- Fiit
- Fit at Home
- Nuffield Health
- Peloton
Closed Thread