Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Keyboard (black or white)?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Keyboard (black or white)?
View Poll Results: Is your keyboard black or white?
Black 33 71.74%
White 7 15.22%
Both 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2007, 21:44   #16
r00t
Inactive

Services: Your pseudo 'tech' ego.
r00t has reached the bronze age
r00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze age
Re: Keyboard (black or white)?

Thanks Stuart you're a thank you
gaffer_gump, I saw one of those. If I remember correctly it was on the Maplin site, I'd consider using one of those. Is yours the one with the low profile keys?
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2007, 22:24   #17
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Mines silver and black.
Eclipse?
Old 16-05-2007, 22:54   #18
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

i have, erm:
silver and black
black with a bit of silver
beige
white (work 'puter #1)
beige (work 'puter #2)

(no, i don't need 5, but there you go... )
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 22:57   #19
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Mine's black, but i have 1 beige and one white as well.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 23:31   #20
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Mine is white.
I find it is harder to see the keys on black keyboards.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 00:40   #21
valor
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
valor is on a distinguished roadvalor is on a distinguished road

Mines Silver with black keys and a group of silver media keys along the top.... had it a while and it always looks good.
valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 00:43   #22
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Currently white, but I plan on buying a black one sometime. I prefer black.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 15:27   #23
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T
Prefer black, they look newer for longer and don't show dirt up as much.
But they arent as easy to find the keys either!

I picked WHITE as to me they are much better..... Also OLDER/THICK keyboards are better!!!

Ya press a key on alot of newer ones and it doesnt come out or it doubles.... They are skinny and move all over..... Just crap!!

I wanna get an older 1998 thick Microsoft keyboard again,that one was reliable!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 15:45   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Only people who run Windows 98SE would like a White Keyboard! Sorry I just had to.

I wonder how I voted back in 2007as I likely had a silver or white one.
Old 07-12-2022, 16:10   #25
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Black brushed Aluminium with White LED backlit Cherry MX Brown Keys. Can never go back to Membrane

Incidentally this will be one of the only times I can see Dudes point. Back in the day of Beige all keyboards even the cheap ones that come with full set ups were mechanical so in this instance older may well be better than new, unless of course you invest in a good KB. I have the Corsair K70 RGB Pro got it for £79 off ebay absolute bargain
Old 07-12-2022, 17:19   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Another ancient topic ?

No idea back in 2007, but currently a black K/B with multi choice LED backlight.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 23:39   #27
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I have a black one right now also Paul and I really wnan get a thick white one again! (Deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
Incidentally this will be one of the only times I can see Dudes point. Back in the day of Beige all keyboards even the cheap ones that come with full set ups were mechanical so in this instance older may well be better than new, unless of course you invest in a good KB.
Thank you Jay..... I havent ever seen a mechanical one but I hear they arent as good?

I dunno.......
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:44   #28
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have a black one right now also Paul and I really wnan get a thick white one again! (Deep)

Thank you Jay..... I havent ever seen a mechanical one but I hear they arent as good?

I dunno.......
chances are yours is a mechanical one if it is as old as the rest of your kit. Mechanical keyboards are massively better than membrane although you say it is black so if it is new and cheap and the keys do not click and feel mushy then it could be membrane afterall
Old 08-12-2022, 08:28   #29
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

I'm using a silver HP keyboard. Don't think I'll change it as I'll probably end up breaking my laptop in the process .
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:30   #30
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Oh my, another topic resurection!

Since my post back in 2007, I now prefer black.

White tends to go off over time in sunlight and turns a brownish colour.

Last edited by Halcyon; 08-12-2022 at 08:40.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote