Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

Old 16-09-2022, 09:14   #151
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

Getting quite annoyed the queue won't quite tick over to 5 miles. Been stuck at 4.9 for ages. I wonder if they've started turn people away just short of the 5 miles?
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2022, 09:27   #152
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Getting quite annoyed the queue won't quite tick over to 5 miles. Been stuck at 4.9 for ages. I wonder if they've started turn people away just short of the 5 miles?
Its expected to reach 10 miles over the weekend.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 09:28   #153
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Its expected to reach 10 miles over the weekend.
Can't can it? They're already in Southwark Park which is where they start turning people away.
Old 16-09-2022, 09:31   #154
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It’s possible, at that length it’s said to be taking 14 hours.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 09:39   #155
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

DCMS just tweeted about the length of the queue and said the park would close if it reaches capacity. They’re also asking people to consider joining at another time.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 09:54   #156
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

They just tweeted again. It's closed.

Which idiot decided to cap it at 4.9 miles instead of 5 for the nice round number?
Old 16-09-2022, 09:56   #157
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
DCMS just tweeted about the length of the queue and said the park would close if it reaches capacity. They’re also asking people to consider joining at another time.
I don’t think there is going to be a better time now, to rejoin it. It’s weekend time and it’s going to get even longer. It’s unfortunate, but I think they will start turning people away.
Old 16-09-2022, 09:59   #158
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It’s possible, at that length it’s said to be taking 14 hours.
I watched some of the live stream and there are quite a number of older people queuing. What I have to ask is if they are queuing for hours on end how are they dealing with needing to pee? I know I could not queue without facilities for 5 or 6 hours without wetting myself. Do not mean to be disrespectful I just do not get how people can do it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 10:02   #159
Mick
Cable Forum Team

BREAKING: It is expected the Queens funeral will be watched by a global audience of 4.1 Billion people, to become the worlds most watched event of all time.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/record-41...xpected-to-fl/
Old 16-09-2022, 10:19   #160
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I watched some of the live stream and there are quite a number of older people queuing. What I have to ask is if they are queuing for hours on end how are they dealing with needing to pee? I know I could not queue without facilities for 5 or 6 hours without wetting myself. Do not mean to be disrespectful I just do not get how people can do it
There are stewards on hand to direct people to facilities. Their place in the queue will be held. The Brits are a polite group in those circumstances.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 11:52   #161
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Queue tracker LIVE: Public told 'do NOT join' as entry now closed for at least six hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJxDwDzAwEs
Old 16-09-2022, 14:05   #162
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

There is a queue for the queue now

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-die...g-pen-12698799
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 20:57   #163
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
BREAKING: The Queue of people waiting to see Queen Elizabeth II’s coffin lying in state, in Westminster Hall, has grown to 4.2 Miles long.
Wow thats indeed amazing!!

God bless her.........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2022, 10:13   #164
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I didn’t know it was convention for the Vice President to attend the funerals of foreign Heads of State and that Biden coming wasn’t a forgone conclusion.
Old 17-09-2022, 11:38   #165
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Expected and confirmed visits to funeral:

Illustrated by AFP News Agency.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3ED528D-50BE-4F57-A7D6-3FDC602BDF75.jpeg (166.3 KB, 82 views)