Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The energy crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The energy crisis

Old 01-10-2022, 18:37   #1396
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Are we meant to get a DD discount? You have confused me.
No mention of that in the email. I bet you have had yours. My daughters DD is 25th they took 25th Sept as expected then add the £66 today and the DD was still set as normal for end of the month so I dropped it down 35 quid and we can see what happens

an article in The Sun says bulb is doing the below

The discount will be paid as a credit to your Bulb account or as a deduction from your monthly payment amount.

Dunno how they decide who gets what
Old 01-10-2022, 18:46   #1397
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Bulb have credited £66 EBSS to my account today.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 18:49   #1398
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I am definitely glad when Avro went bust we went to Octopus. They seem to be decent
Old 01-10-2022, 19:13   #1399
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I'm very happy with Bulb not sure how they compare to others.
Old 01-10-2022, 19:16   #1400
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I'm very happy with Bulb not sure how they compare to others.
They were great when they were paying me for referring customers hahaha made a few hundred quid.
Old 01-10-2022, 19:23   #1401
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
No mention of that in the email. I bet you have had yours. My daughters DD is 25th they took 25th Sept as expected then add the £66 today and the DD was still set as normal for end of the month so I dropped it down 35 quid and we can see what happens

an article in The Sun says bulb is doing the below

The discount will be paid as a credit to your Bulb account or as a deduction from your monthly payment amount.

Dunno how they decide who gets what
Not sure what you're trying to achieve by dropping the DD amount. They will still apply the rebate as well. From an accounting point of view, I should imagine it has to occur separately.

If you're trying to reduce the initial DD amount taken, you could try changing the date to the 1st of the month(next would be 1st Nov rather than 25th Oct), then the payment DD and rebate DD will happen together.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 19:27   #1402
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The Labour idea of setting up a publically owned energy company seems to be going down well. Good for the environment too.

It's a good idea in that they won't need to buy out the privatised companies and nationalise them. They can carry on as normal, but people will be free to use the public energy company.

If they don't reduce their prices, I can see them all going bust as people will obviously go to a cheaper supplier.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/lat...ls-29-09-2022/
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 19:39   #1403
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think it's smarter to set up a new company that competes and drives the type of investment you want to see happen rather than simply spending billions nationalising existing infrastructure.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 19:58   #1404
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Not sure what you're trying to achieve by dropping the DD amount. They will still apply the rebate as well. From an accounting point of view, I should imagine it has to occur separately.

If you're trying to reduce the initial DD amount taken, you could try changing the date to the 1st of the month(next would be 1st Nov rather than 25th Oct), then the payment DD and rebate DD will happen together.
We have no way of knowing if that is what they are doing. From how it reads to me it is an either or not a both. Just for reference it is my daughters account it they do give her it back then it can simply be adjusted back up and a top up payment made if needed

Octopus has reduced my future DD £67 so no confusion there they are just leaving it in my bank
Old 01-10-2022, 20:28   #1405
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
We have no way of knowing if that is what they are doing. From how it reads to me it is an either or not a both. Just for reference it is my daughters account it they do give her it back then it can simply be adjusted back up and a top up payment made if needed

Octopus has reduced my future DD £67 so no confusion there they are just leaving it in my bank
Only 2 of the 6 months of rebate will be for £67, so it's not an actual change. Either way, Octopus know of the rebate in their accounts. If you unilaterally reduce your DD amount, then the supplier won't know that it includes the rebate, and will still have to apply it on top of the DD reduction.
If you're trying to avoid the situation where the higher non-rebated amount is taken before the rebate is given back, then either synchronize the 2 events to the first of the month, or consider it a one-off situation when the rebate has been given in advance for the Oct 25th DD payment. I don't know if a later in the month DD payment, is considered to be late for that month or early for the next. IE was the 25th Sept DD payment considered to be for Sept or Oct?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 20:37   #1406
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Is the money being paid to your supplier, I hope it is because a lot of people will not pay it into their accounts and will still be in dept,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 20:47   #1407
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Only 2 of the 6 months of rebate will be for £67, so it's not an actual change. Either way, Octopus know of the rebate in their accounts. If you unilaterally reduce your DD amount, then the supplier won't know that it includes the rebate, and will still have to apply it on top of the DD reduction.
If you're trying to avoid the situation where the higher non-rebated amount is taken before the rebate is given back, then either synchronize the 2 events to the first of the month, or consider it a one-off situation when the rebate has been given in advance for the Oct 25th DD payment. I don't know if a later in the month DD payment, is considered to be late for that month or early for the next. IE was the 25th Sept DD payment considered to be for Sept or Oct?
Mate I am all over it you do not need to tell me anything.

The Bulb confusion remains as the DD was showing as next payment at the full price no reduction. So if the reduce the DD from what I set it to for my daughter then at least we will know for the next 5 months and as I said I can easily set the DD back up and make any top up payment as needed. Like I said
Old 01-10-2022, 22:41   #1408
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Is the money being paid to your supplier, I hope it is because a lot of people will not pay it into their accounts and will still be in dept,
Yes, it is…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 00:26   #1409
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
My energy bills will be nearly 3 times that of the previous year (and I’m using less), mortgage rates are being raised, pension funds nearly became illiquid requiring the Bank of England to intervene, they’ve increased the size and cost of Government Debt to give money to those who are (mostly) the most well-off, they caused the pound to crash, and we don’t know if it’s affordable…
Same here, but energy increases are not peculiar to the UK, mortgage rates have been rock bottom for over a decade, its savers turn, the independent BoE is rightly being creative in testing times, borrowing is to stimulate the city but yes, the debt is concerning, and the notoriously nervous markets caused the 'crash'; the pound is rebounding.

As for the future, I don't have crystal balls .
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:42   #1410
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Bulb recommended I drop my DD from £130 to £99 last week and now they recommend I drop again to £93, so in my case my bills are only a little more than what I would have considered normal 2 years ago.