Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2021, 16:26   #1471
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

I'm here for a little while. PM me if I can help.
Old 15-09-2021, 16:34   #1472
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Hello anyone here???
What’s the problem? I’m here.
Old 15-09-2021, 16:47   #1473
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I'm here for a little while. PM me if I can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
What’s the problem? I’m here.
No posts in two days - I think it an poor news week.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-09-2021, 16:48   #1474
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Old 15-09-2021, 17:42   #1475
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Erm...

Sky Pacific launches on Virgin Media.

Sorry, no more details available so I can't be more Pacific.

(Yup, it's THAT quiet.)
Old 15-09-2021, 19:04   #1476
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

There's loads of news, but it's just shifted onto the streamers.

Netflix is having a three hour "Global Fan" event on the 25th to showcase all its new shows and new seasons of existing shows like Stranger Things and Ozark, so there's plenty going on, just on different "platforms".
Old 15-09-2021, 19:16   #1477
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Well obviously, the World is a big place. But since this is a thread that isn't about those other things, it was fairly accurate given the lack of posts.
Old 15-09-2021, 19:54   #1478
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Or virgin are thinking why mess anything else up. Not quite if it ain't broke don't fix it . However heading that way
Old 15-09-2021, 21:21   #1479
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Netflix is having a three hour "Global Fan" event on the 25th to showcase all its new shows and new seasons of existing shows like Stranger Things and Ozark, so there's plenty going on, just on different "platforms".
A showcase promo isn't very eventful if that's all the streaming world has to offer.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Quote:
Something is happening, it's just that nobody has figured out what it is yet.
Old 15-09-2021, 21:28   #1480
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Hello anyone here???
We've all gone down the pub.

But yeah on serious note all quiet in work regarding SKY, VM but some stuff on Netflix USAwise price rises.
Old 16-09-2021, 11:35   #1481
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

RXTV says BBC One English HD regions HD may launch as early as October 21th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bbc-one-hd...art-imminently

Rumours says that BBC ALBA HD and BBC Parliament HD may launch on BBC iPlayer (and due to BBC new Sky deal they may launch on Virgin Media).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-09-2021, 12:09   #1482
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:

Disney are also holding a ‘Disney+ Day’ on the streamer’s 2nd anniversary (12th November). This will showcase news, trailers and new originals for Disney+ going forward.
Old 16-09-2021, 12:31   #1483
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
RXTV says BBC One English HD regions HD may launch as early as October 21th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bbc-one-hd...art-imminently

Rumours says that BBC ALBA HD and BBC Parliament HD may launch on BBC iPlayer (and due to BBC new Sky deal they may launch on Virgin Media).
I found it out a wee while back, omnidirectional and TIGHazard posted about it on a couple of threads on Digital Spy back on the 6th September. I didn't have any more at the time so didn't post here.

Their source was the same as the one RXTVlog later gave in their article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules
(The data shown on screen varies according to the device and orientation you view it on.)

Apparently this source was accurate about BBC Scotland channel launching before it was announced, so it can't be disregarded offhand as a glitch on the BBC website, but I did read it has got a date wrong once regards a different service (I forget which) launching, though it did launch. The BBC Scotland launch was more recent and the date was correct, so coupled with the recent BBC-Sky deal I mentioned on the Local TV thread last night, I think it's fairly likely to happen. Just my opinion though.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

I just checked that BBC Schedule website again, since I noticed BBC Parliament HD and BBC Alba HD are listed there now, and they too have the 21st as the start.

Exact wording is "Broadcast schedule begins on Thursday 21 October 2021".
Old 16-09-2021, 13:08   #1484
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I think the BBC HD Regions are being pushed along to ensure that BBC Three gets the EPG slot when it returns in the new year.

Will be interesting to see what happens to BBC Scotland in Scotland or maybe BBC THREE will be pushed further down.

Last edited by ScottishSteve; 16-09-2021 at 13:12.
Old 16-09-2021, 13:46   #1485
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I think the BBC HD Regions are being pushed along to ensure that BBC Three gets the EPG slot when it returns in the new year.

Will be interesting to see what happens to BBC Scotland in Scotland or maybe BBC THREE will be pushed further down.
That's certainly going to be part of the reasoning.

The old STV HD EPG slot (113) is empty in Scotland on VM, so that could be used for something. I was surprised when they didn't use it for BBC Alba and moved it to the ITVBe+1 slot here instead, but maybe they foresaw a need when BBC3 returned so didn't put it on a lower number.
Closed Thread