Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Trump’s Troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Trump’s Troubles

Old 05-08-2023, 14:11   #136
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Trump Organization Found Guilty Of Tax Fraud At Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Intimidating witnesses now? I’ll tell you who is deranged. Donald J Trump.

Yet his Trumpanzees still want him in charge of their country.
I think he might be talking about the investigators and the prosectors. You have to admit their bravery and you wouldn't want to be them if he wins the election.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2023, 15:54   #137
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
I wonder what would happen if Trump gets jailed then somehow wins the election, I personally think if you have any criminal charges you should disqualified from public office regardless if you are incarcerated or not.

Yet in the Good ol' US of A he can be sent to prison, become President and then immediately give himself a pardon and walk away a free man.
Old 05-08-2023, 20:40   #138
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Yet in the Good ol' US of A he can be sent to prison, become President and then immediately give himself a pardon and walk away a free man.
Which of course is his main motivation to be President.

Not sure what his issue is, an orange jumpsuit would match his complexion nicely.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:43   #139
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think he might be talking about the investigators and the prosectors. You have to admit their bravery and you wouldn't want to be them if he wins the election.
This is the essential point here. You have someone who is basically a political thug trying to become President. The possibility of such a person being President and then pursuing a personal witch hunt against people who were following the law and its due process is alarming.

It also shows the mendacity of those that endorse him and his actions.
Old 06-08-2023, 13:13   #140
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

If Trump is actually convicted of anything substantial, I’ll eat my ferret.
Old 06-08-2023, 15:26   #141
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Salt and pepper?
Old 06-08-2023, 16:24   #142
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Salt and pepper?
Hot sauce.

Would you like me to send it to you? If I’m right.
Old 06-08-2023, 17:01   #143
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Today’s missive

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4072.jpeg (84.7 KB, 73 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 17:10   #144
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Because you don't think he's guilty, or you think he'll get away with it through corruption/abuse of power/biased judges/courts?

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Today’s missive

He'll use all the tactics going to delay any any hearings until afters he"s President, and can absolve himself. Desperate, but it night work in that bizarre country.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 17:58   #145
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Just saying from the end of year one of his term , we had the highest profit since our records began , and that is the late 18th century. Even more than our earlier record which was post ww2 to pre Castro!
Old 06-08-2023, 18:11   #146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just saying from the end of year one of his term , we had the highest profit since our records began , and that is the late 18th century. Even more than our earlier record which was post ww2 to pre Castro!
The US deficit was $564 trillion in 2016, and $3,133 trillion in 2020, so swings/roundabouts…

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYFSD
Old 06-08-2023, 21:43   #147
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Because you don't think he's guilty, or you think he'll get away with it through corruption/abuse of power/biased judges/courts?
It depends on what charge, they’ve thrown so much at him.

In regards to Jan 6th, he’s not guilty of anything.

In regards to the 126 charges brought by the New York DA, nothing will come of those.

In regards to the keeping of classified documents, I’m unsure about that, potential but I’m sure a good lawyer will keep him out.

I just don’t see him going down.
Old 06-08-2023, 22:32   #148
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Who decides if Trump is guilty or not? If it's a jury, will a majority verdict suffice or will it need to be unanimous? (I appreciate that there may be different situations for the various sets of charges.)
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 13:32   #149
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Who decides if Trump is guilty or not? If it's a jury, will a majority verdict suffice or will it need to be unanimous? (I appreciate that there may be different situations for the various sets of charges.)
Well, it should be based on the evidence, nothing else. Fat chance of that.

He’d just better hope for a jury packed with right wing rebublicans.
Old 07-08-2023, 13:37   #150
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Jury, and for serious crimes, unanimous verdicts.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...p-17849841.php