Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile MMS Picture Messages down? Or just me?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile MMS Picture Messages down? Or just me?

Old 25-12-2012, 20:42   #1
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light
Virgin Mobile MMS Picture Messages down? Or just me?

I cannot receive or send MMS picture messages. My settings are correct. This used to work. Have tried resettings the APN details several times manually and via the method where you get sent the settings. Still does not work. Phoned VM and they just said they would resend the settings and then to phone back if they still don't work for manual entry. I've done all that already, still not working.

Anyone else got this problem? Can you test by sending yourself an MMS picture message?
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2012, 21:44   #2
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice
Re: Virgin Mobile MMS Picture Messages down? Or just me?

Had this problem tried every thing and now using Whats App. Downloaded free but make sure your friends have it as well
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 09:31   #3
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
Had this problem tried every thing and now using Whats App. Downloaded free but make sure your friends have it as well
Thing is, it doesn't stop people who are quite happy to pay to send picture messages through to you. I would at least want to be able to receive them. Some people also do not have what's app. So I still have this problem....is it a general network issue for everyone?
Old 27-12-2012, 09:44   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I can send and receive mms pictures ok on my galaxy s2 without problems.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 09:48   #5
sniper007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I can send and receive mms pictures ok on my galaxy s2 without problems.
Ok thankyou. Is it possible it is a local issue with the area I am in as my girflriend also cannot get this working on her phone (iphone) on virgin mobile. I know iphones are not supported but been running it fine and everything else works ok. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which also does not work.
Old 27-12-2012, 10:16   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
Thing is, it doesn't stop people who are quite happy to pay to send picture messages through to you. I would at least want to be able to receive them. Some people also do not have what's app. So I still have this problem....is it a general network issue for everyone?
I have been sending and receiving a good few picture messages over the last few days and they work fine via Virgin Mobile on a Galaxy S3

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 23:13   #7
sniper007
Inactive

I phoned Virgin mobile earlier and they say a lot of their customers are having issues and that this won't be likely to be fixed until Monday for those affected.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40   #8
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

I've always had problems downloading picture messages with virgin, My desire HD wouldn't download and when you keep trying it just times out, now have galaxy s3 and still the same problem, times out and you are then given a code to go on the web,
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:17   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
I've always had problems downloading picture messages with virgin, My desire HD wouldn't download and when you keep trying it just times out, now have galaxy s3 and still the same problem, times out and you are then given a code to go on the web,
I had that until i had first sent a MMS message and then it worked. Seems MMS does not work on your phone with Virgin unless you have sent a MMS in the first place.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:03   #10
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Both my wife and I had to send ourselves a picture message before we could start receiving them.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote