Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 5 at no extra cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 5 at no extra cost

Old 18-10-2021, 18:26   #1
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point
Hub 5 at no extra cost

Just got the email that the new Hub 5 is now available at no extra cost, so I went ahead and claimed mine. I'm currently on the Superhub 3.

I presume I can replace the Superhub 3 with this new Hub 5, correct?

Last edited by 2pence; 18-10-2021 at 18:29.
2pence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2021, 18:52   #2
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: Hub 5 at no extra cost

Hub 5? Don't you mean 4?
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 19:04   #3
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Hub 5? Don't you mean 4?
Here's a screenshot: https://prnt.sc/1wmqr6o
Old 18-10-2021, 19:22   #4
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

So, nothing seems to have been officially announced. The picture you've posted looks similar to the new mini TV box, so seems legit.

Previously they have rebranded and reboxed Arris Touchstone devices. If this is what they have done again, then this could well be a TG9452 - seems the most likely upgrade path.

This would provide 1x2.5GbE port, 802.11ax wifi, and most excitingly, a BCM3390 SoC rather than the intel puma trash of the hub 3 + 4.

Here's hoping!
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 20:14   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I wonder if this hub will be offered to everyone on Gig1.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 22:26   #6
gordon861
cf.member

gordon861 is on a distinguished roadgordon861 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I got the email today, I'm only on 200Mps.

No idea why, totally out of the blue, not signed up to any betas or anything.
gordon861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 03:35   #7
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Its worth asking them i suppose, i will ring them tomorrow.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 10:13   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pence View Post
I presume I can replace the Superhub 3 with this new Hub 5, correct?
Yes. You should get instructions with it.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
No, because people on Gig1 will already have an almost new Hub 4.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 10:30   #9
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Details here on ispreview

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-5-router.html
Old 19-10-2021, 12:28   #10
gordon861
cf.member

Thanks, but very light on any new details, looks like one of the sources of his info is my report on the forum.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

OK some updates, copied from my thread on the VM Community forums.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...5/td-p/4846270

I spoke to VM Customer Services, who were adamant that Hub5 did not exist, and went away to check and confirm. I then gave them the URL from the email, the response was even more confusion on their end, and went away again.

As far as they are concerned this thing doesn't exist and they didn't send me an email, but the info is on their website.

I have requested the new hub5 online and it should be here on Monday, should be fun.
Old 19-10-2021, 12:46   #11
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Wifi 6 on router and Oculus Quest 2 so would have to add it to my PC but then maybe Air Link will work so if I get offered the router I would take it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 18:03   #12
gordon861
cf.member

Well VM Forum MODs seem to have deleted the thread from their forums now.
Old 19-10-2021, 18:35   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It's nice when they do that with no explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon861 View Post
Well VM Forum MODs seem to have deleted the thread from their forums now.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 18:38   #14
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Perhaps it’s been moved to a closed trial group on the forum?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 18:54   #15
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Perhaps it’s been moved to a closed trial group on the forum?
Could well be what has happened but if that is the case it would have been 'nice' if the VM mods had let Gordon know.

They could always have added the information then closed down the thread to ensure no further sensitive comments would be posted........ or just sent him a message.