Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Movie news, trivia and other snippets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Old 24-08-2021, 23:38   #256
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Looks Good.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2021, 20:28   #257
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Due on 4th Feb 2022

Old 08-09-2021, 18:58   #258
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It is making me think of Geostorm in terms of how I am going to feel about it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 14:01   #259
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

New issue of SFX if you are interested. Full feature on Dune plus postcards and two full size movie posters. I wish they would do this every issue for whatever is on the front cover.

Old 11-09-2021, 22:42   #260
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Disney announced on Friday that upcoming 2021 films “Eternals,” “The Last Duel,” “West Side Story,” “Ron’s Gone Wrong” and “The King’s Man” will get exclusive, 45-day theatrical windows before moving to digital platforms.

Meanwhile, the animated musical “Encanto” will play in theaters for 30 days starting on Nov. 24, before hitting Disney Plus.

The decision is a clear win for Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige, who has been vocal both internally and in the press about his desire for Marvel’s feature films to play exclusively in theaters.

“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” Marvel’s first exclusive theatrical release in more than two years, has grossed $105.9 million domestically through Wednesday. While that is on the lower end of grosses for MCU features, it also means “Shang-Chi” is already outpacing the theatrical grosses of “Black Widow,” which had earned $100.7 million at that point in its theatrical run after opening in July

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63417273/
Old 16-09-2021, 09:41   #261
General Maximus
Ran Away

Odeon are brining back a huge amount of old films to watch and you need to check your cinema timetable for the weekly updates because they aren't advertising them in advance. I have been to see Predator this week and next week...............

They are doing a 20th anniversary Lord of the Rings marathon on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I can't believe it has been 20 years and I can remember going to see them at the time. It is going to be great seeing them on the big screen again.
Old 16-09-2021, 13:55   #262
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nolan is going to Universal for his next film: https://deadline.com/2021/09/christo...wo-1234832975/

Quote:
Universal Pictures has landed the right to finance and distribute the next film that Christopher Nolan will direct, based on his script about J. Robert Oppenheimer and his role in the development of the atom bomb.

A theoretical physicist who became the director of the Los Alamos Laboratory, Oppenheimer headed the research and development of the bomb that ended WWII, under what was covertly called the Manhattan Project. Nolan will produce the film alongside his wife and longtime producing partner Emma Thomas for their Syncopy Inc. banner.
He always used to be a Warner Bros. but lost his temper with them over their decision to steam their films on HBO Max as the same time as it's cinema release. Nolan is pretty firm on the importance of cinema. Looks like Universal will give him the full release window for this film as well as agreeing not to release any other film in the 3 weeks his film comes out (pretty standard clause for big films even though it seems weird).
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 23:13   #263
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Scarlett Johansson & Disney have come to an agreement.

Quote:
I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding Black Widow, said Alan Bergman, Chairman, Disney Studios Content. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s Tower of Terror,” the exec added without any comment from Disney CEO Bob Chapek, as one would have expected.
No actual details provided, but insiders reckon they will pay her about $40M

Old 02-10-2021, 23:22   #264
General Maximus
Ran Away

Why not. It sounds like a ridiculous amount of money but it is peanuts compared to how much she is going to make them going forward. They are thinking long term.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:14   #265
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 10-10-2021, 11:43   #266
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
New issue of SFX if you are interested. Full feature on Dune plus postcards and two full size movie posters. I wish they would do this every issue for whatever is on the front cover.

Was told Dune was only half the story so it is yet another split which disappoints me
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:58   #267
General Maximus
Ran Away

I thought it was going to be a trilogy. I know nothing of the story but many peeps i have spoken to have said it is far too big to squeeze into one film so it was always going to have to be at least two.
Old 10-10-2021, 14:05   #268
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I thought it was going to be a trilogy. I know nothing of the story but many peeps i have spoken to have said it is far too big to squeeze into one film so it was always going to have to be at least two.
Yes it is too big to be squeezed into one film (I read the books when younger)

I'm interested in how they bring it to the screen as none of the previous attempts have come anywhere near. The one film that was previously released came nowhere near.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 15:07   #269
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

The last film I saw (well tried to) was slow, boring, and incomprehensible.
I gave up on it after about 1/2 hour, so I hope this one is better.

Old 15-10-2021, 20:27   #270
General Maximus
Ran Away