Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Movie news, trivia and other snippets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

MCU Phase 5+ (Dates)

Old 18-09-2021, 19:17   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
MCU Phase 5+ (Dates)

[Phase 5]

[B]Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania[/B]
Release date: Feb 17, 2023

[B]Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3[/B]
Release date: May 05, 2023

[B]The Marvels[/B] [[I]Captain Marvel 2[/I]]
Release date: November 10, 2023

Deadpool 3
Release date: November 8, 2024 May 3, 2024 July 26, 2024

Captain America: New World Order
Release date: May 3, 2024 July 26, 2024 February 14, 2025

[Phase 6]

Fantastic Four
Release date: February 14, 2025 May 2, 2025

Thunderbolts
Release date: July 26, 2024 December 30, 2024 July 25, 2025

Blade
Release date: September 6, 2024 February 14, 2025 November 7, 2025

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (?)
Release date: May 2, 2025 May 1, 2026

Avengers: Secret Wars
Release date: May 1, 2026 May 7, 2027

[Phase 7]

No Films have yet been announced.

Films in production, and likely to be phase 7 are;
Armor Wars
Untitled X-Men film
Untitled Spiderman Sequel
Untitled Ten Rings Sequel

-------------------------------------------------

Various TV series are due on Disney+;

* She-Hulk - Summer 2022
* Secret Invasion – June 2023
* Loki (Season 02) – October 2023
* What If (Season 02) - December 2023
* Echo – January 2024
* Marvel Zombies - Sometime in 2024
* Eyes of Wakanda - Sometime in 2024
* Agatha: Coven of Chaos – Late 2024
* Ironheart – Release Unknown
* Daredevil: Born Again – Release Unknown
* Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man – Release Unknown

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2024, 03:06   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: MCU Phase 5+ (Dates)

Updated with latest known dates.

Old 15-01-2024, 10:44   #3
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Going by what I've seen so far. MCU died a death after Avengers Endgame. Disney being Disney and all that which is taking a toll. That and going too woke (I hate using that word but in this instance it's valid). And also the same with Star Wars too sadly.

Looking forward to the X-men, Blade (dubiously), and Deadpool though. Thanks for the info

Last edited by peanut; 15-01-2024 at 11:04.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2024, 13:17   #4
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I think Marvel is going to suffer a long lingering death.

I'll still watch most of them though.

The only Marvel related stuff I haven't watched is Miss Marvel, and The Marvels.

Just didn't fancy either of them.
Old 15-01-2024, 19:16   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Going by what I've seen so far. MCU died a death after Avengers Endgame.
It was a series of films that reached heights they could not sustain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Disney being Disney and all that which is taking a toll. That and going too woke
Yep. Having ruined The Little Mermaid, their next target is Snow White (yep, she wont be as white as snow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think Marvel is going to suffer a long lingering death.

I'll still watch most of them though.
I've watched all of them since Endgame, lets just say some have been a let down.

Quote:
The only Marvel related stuff I haven't watched is Miss Marvel, and The Marvels.
They were ok, but nothing to get excited about. I liked the first Captain Marvel film a lot better.

Similarly, The First Black Panther film was excellent, the last one was not as good, so it remains to be seen how good the TV series will be.

Old 15-01-2024, 22:43   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It has just become too bloated and too formulaic, after so many films people are starting to just be bored of it and not willing to invest the time into a new set of characters.

I started to lose interest because there was just too much lore around it. You needed to see TV shows to fully connect with the revelations happening on screen and Marvel is meant to be fun. You turn up, watch a blockbuster, and wait for the next one. I don't want homework.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2024, 11:11   #7
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You turn up, watch a blockbuster, and wait for the next one. I don't want homework.
True.

Star Wars going the same way

Even Godzilla now with Monarch, but no tie in with the movies yet.

That said, Marvel did do a kind of stand alone series with Agents of Shield, and I thought that was pants.
Old 17-01-2024, 14:24   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am worried now that Amazon owns the James Bond franchise they'll do the same eventually.

James Bond is an excellent example of how to handle a franchise. It's got a formula but every 3 or so years you want a new installment of that formula and then you're happy to wait for the next one.

Imagine if there was a James Bond universe where you had 3/4 films a year covering different agents and then when it came to a proper installment of James Bond you wouldn't have a clue who anyone was unless you had watched the 10 films preceding it and the multiple seasons of a TV show about the other characters at MI6.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2024, 22:05   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Must say the Echo series was blooming fantastic. Very short at 5 episodes but so well written and shot. Best thing in a good while from Marvel.
Old 20-01-2024, 02:14   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but its been enjoyable, certainly enough to keep me watching some more over the weekend.

Old 11-02-2024, 10:09   #11
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

They were ok, but nothing to get excited about. I liked the first Captain Marvel film a lot better.

Similarly, The First Black Panther film was excellent, the last one was not as good, so it remains to be seen how good the TV series will be.
I watched the Marvels last night, as it was on Disney +, and it was quite enjoyable. Better than the eternals or the last Antman offering.
Old 11-02-2024, 15:44   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I watched the Marvels last night, as it was on Disney +, and it was quite enjoyable. Better than the eternals or the last Antman offering.
The film ?
Have you seen the series as well ?

Old 11-02-2024, 17:13   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The film ?
Have you seen the series as well ?
I’m assuming you mean the two TV series, Ms Marvel and Wandavision, which set those characters up for the film, as there hasn’t been a Marvels TV series featuring the three of them together?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2024, 21:59   #14
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m assuming you mean the two TV series, Ms Marvel and Wandavision, which set those characters up for the film, as there hasn’t been a Marvels TV series featuring the three of them together?
I saw Wandavision, not Ms Marvel. However Ms Marvel seemed very likeable in the movie.

Also the movie was a tie into the end credits scene of Spiderman Far from Home.
Old 11-02-2024, 22:33   #15
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I really enjoyed the Ms Marvel tv series but did like the Marvels film v much, seemed a bit of a mess between well choreographed fight scenes
admars is offline   Reply With Quote