Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mobile Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Mobile Price Increase

Old 28-12-2021, 21:19   #16
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Mobile Price Increase

Luckily I keep some documents in case something untoward like this price increase happens.

The letter was dated "October 2021" and comes from the Rachel Barrass, Director of Customer Services.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VM mobile £25 per month 1.jpg (305.6 KB, 41 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2021, 18:27   #17
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
How ever there price increase is less per year than most major suppliers l have looked at. Tesco has no increase for term taken out but cost more per month to start with
Just had a bank statement , have had £40 cash back on my Tesco mobile ,so now have 10gig texts and calls for the Approx cost of £7.80 per month with no increase over it's period.
Old 31-12-2021, 20:16   #18
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I spent 30 minutes on the phone to VM, and they couldn't understand the price jump from £25 to £28. "It's on my screen here, £25 a month, start November 2021, direct debit, rolling 30 day contract, authority Rachel Barrass, Director Customer Services. I'll copy the log to them, but meanwhile you are back to £25".
Old 11-01-2022, 15:37   #19
Taf
cf.mega poster

So now that all is settled, along comes an email

"As we outlined in the contract we agreed when you chose your mobile plan, we increase our prices each year in line with the retail price index (RPI), which affects what you pay for calls, texts and data. This term is changing from this year onwards, where your price will increase each April according to the index plus an additional 3.9%."

So just 3 months at the "special price".
Old 11-01-2022, 19:44   #20
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
So now that all is settled, along comes an email

"As we outlined in the contract we agreed when you chose your mobile plan, we increase our prices each year in line with the retail price index (RPI), which affects what you pay for calls, texts and data. This term is changing from this year onwards, where your price will increase each April according to the index plus an additional 3.9%."

So just 3 months at the "special price".
Suprise surprise. Virgin can break contracts at will. However customers can't. Perhaps Richard will challenge this in the courts . Must be a unfair contract
Old 11-01-2022, 20:09   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Contracts allow variation by Virgin Media but allow you a right to exit because of that if materially impacted. Always been that way and is true here too

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/a...price-increase

Quote:
Your options from here

We hope you’ll want to stay with Virgin Mobile, but if you’re not happy with this change, you can choose to end your airtime contract(s) without any early cancellation fees by heading here or calling us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone by 28th February 2022. Don’t forget, as your airtime and handset agreements are separate, you’ll need to carry on paying off your handset.

Last edited by BenMcr; 11-01-2022 at 20:34.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 20:32   #22
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Contracts allow variation by Virgin Media but allow you a right to exit because of that if materialy impacted. Always been that way and is true here too

Indeed i have just used that to cancel a contract early because i was not using the sim anymore. It was for my internet router in my caravan which has now been sold.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 19:57   #23
Taf
cf.mega poster

Our daughter got an email from VM mobile today.

She was on £28 unlimited, that was dropped to £25 by The Director of Customer Services.

But she got charged £28 again.

And now she has a discount, dropping it to £17... and look at the end date of the discount!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5g.jpg (62.2 KB, 50 views)
Old 18-01-2022, 19:51   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Contracts allow variation by Virgin Media but allow you a right to exit because of that if materially impacted. Always been that way and is true here too

Understand that.however a court could find it unfair contract.step up Richard
Old 28-01-2022, 13:32   #25
Taf
cf.mega poster

My daughter's mobile bill just came in.

WTAF?

The £1.50 charge for sending 3 photos notwithstanding, how the heck have these figures been arrived at?

The bill actually states "Your monthly cost £17"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm pol a.jpg (126.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg vm pol2a.jpg (142.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 28-01-2022, 15:54   #26
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My daughter's mobile bill just came in.

WTAF?

The £1.50 charge for sending 3 photos notwithstanding, how the heck have these figures been arrived at?

The bill actually states "Your monthly cost £17"
It seems to be for 2 months.

2 x monthly charges and 2 x monthly rebates.
Old 28-01-2022, 17:20   #27
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My wife moved to Sky mobile today, only one member of our family is left on Virgin now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 17:26   #28
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
It seems to be for 2 months.

2 x monthly charges and 2 x monthly rebates.
So she is paying in advance?
Old 28-01-2022, 17:30   #29
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I moved to Smarty (they use the Three network), Unlimited calls and text 50Gb data +5G @£15pm.

They've just started doing SIM only deals too.

If you are thinking of joining Smarty and you want your second month free , just pm me for my recommendation code.

Last edited by Jimmy-J; 28-01-2022 at 17:54.
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote