Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any news on 5G

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Any news on 5G

Old 12-08-2021, 14:04   #46
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Any news on 5G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I had a text from O2 saying that 5G has been added to my tariff.

In the southern part of my town I can get 5G, I spoke to the guy in O2 he said that 5G isn't at full power yet, but I got 170mg on a speed test.

I live about a mile from the town and there is a plan to put a 5G mast, the sooner the better.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I have unlimited Calls, Text and 100GB of 5G data for £36.44 a month.

Another £5 I can get unlimited
Is that with a phone too otherwise it's very expensive?

I think I pay £22 a month for unlimited everything for sim only with my provider and I'm sure there are cheaper deals if I was to look?
Old 12-08-2021, 22:31   #47
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Im doing my hardest to avoid 5G because the ultra wideband freq can cause health problems and thats what I think is going on now. This garbage is being deployed EVERYWHERE and people are having problems from it....

http://www.healthline.com/health/is-5g-harmful

Quote:
5G causes headaches, migraines, and dizziness
Yes I can say I have been dizzy before being around someones 5G crap in thier house so YES it can!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 22:50   #48
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im doing my hardest to avoid 5G because the ultra wideband freq can cause health problems and thats what I think is going on now. This garbage is being deployed EVERYWHERE and people are having problems from it....

http://www.healthline.com/health/is-5g-harmful

Yes I can say I have been dizzy before being around someones 5G crap in thier house so YES it can!!
Your dizzy symptoms are caused by your obsession with stupid conspiracy fairy tales.

5G is not dangerous. Please either grow up or go and post your idiotic nonsense somewhere else.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 00:23   #49
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Hang on . . . what if 5G causes headaches because it interferes with the 'Gates' chip inserted via the Covid jab?

Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 20:03   #50
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is that with a phone too otherwise it's very expensive?

I think I pay £22 a month for unlimited everything for sim only with my provider and I'm sure there are cheaper deals if I was to look?

O2 was the best signal were I previously worked,
Old 16-08-2021, 22:32   #51
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
O2 was the best signal were I previously worked,
So much better than Vodafone were l use it
Old 17-08-2021, 19:20   #52
Rankrotten
Artist of Light and Shade

Services: Gig 1
Rankrotten is on a distinguished roadRankrotten is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this has already been answered but as an existing ultimate oomph customer what is the procedure to get my SIM 5G enabled? Would a call to CS be a waste of time and need to wait it out? SIM as most will be currently on EE 4G
Rankrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 00:27   #53
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

the signal checker says my home has some access to 5G which it does. seems to come and go to be honest but i got 140mb on a speed check when it was on. all very odd as it says it has very good 5G access the next road along haha. i wonder if that will be fixed with a further tower or will they eventually increase the "power" of the existing one.

Either way its better than o2 as i never got 5G in my hosue at all on o2
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 02:14   #54
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I dont care if we ever have access to 5G .. In my opinion its dangerous and should be avoided!! (The Ultra wideband tier (24-39Ghz))

Im not trying to make anyone mad im just saying I dont wanna be exposed to that!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 10:20   #55
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Why do you think it’s dangerous?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 10:24   #56
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Why do you think it’s dangerous?
Doctor Bob said on youtube in his second video after the one that says viruses do not spread and the covid vaccine can give you a 3rd leg
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 11:35   #57
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

As someone who only uses his phone for calls & texts, no email, streaming movies, gaming and uploading stuff to various social media sites . . what does 5G offer that 4G doesn't?

Is it just faster (by varying degree) depending on location and provider, is it more secure, better value for money?
Old 26-09-2021, 11:43   #58
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
As someone who only uses his phone for calls & texts, no email, streaming movies, gaming and uploading stuff to various social media sites . . what does 5G offer that 4G doesn't?

Is it just faster (by varying degree) depending on location and provider, is it more secure, better value for money?
Yes it is faster
Do not think it is any more or less secure
Yes it is better value for money as package prices do not change ( from what I have seen ) so more speed when you can get it is better value

For you it is pointless
Old 26-09-2021, 11:46   #59
Carth
cf.mega poster

Oh I definitely don't need (or want) it, just wondered what all the fuss and urgency was about
Old 26-09-2021, 11:58   #60
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Oh I definitely don't need (or want) it, just wondered what all the fuss and urgency was about
It is one of them. Most people will only see the benefit when they run a speed test on their mobile device. I do not know many that download huge files on mobile, social media and streaming will not really improve with the greater bandwidth . The only ones who will benefit are those who use mobile data as their main BB for their home network, in that environment the difference could be substantial