Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 27-01-2022, 18:31   #271
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

So weird.....paying £36pm currently for 500Mb, had the letter to say it is going up in price, rang them to cancel and they gave it to me for £32 a month.

If I get a cheap O2 Sim Only, does that mean with Volt I can be upgraded to 1Gb?

I thinking if I can get 1GB for £38 all in it wouldn't be a bad deal.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2022, 10:04   #272
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

I phoned retentions yesterday and while I was on hold a recorded message offered me £3.25 off my bill for 6 months and to press 1 to accept. But I just waited to talk to someone as I needed to add talk more anytime.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 11:19   #273
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

'Phoned circa 08:15 this am.
Through to a very polite lady.... somewhere on the planet.

Then put through to UK.

Very helpful gentleman, I explained the usual situation, he offered me a reduction if I renew for 18 Mths.

Still waiting for it to show on the "MyVirgin Media" page, and a confirmation email etc.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 11:27   #274
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You should also get a confirmation email - I have, every time.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 11:38   #275
Brunel

Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

@Hugh.

Yes he said I would... still waiting.

Looks like there is a bit of a problem, When I log into "My Virgin Media" it will occasionally show the new contract/price for a few seconds, then it will totally disappear.

Then the original contract/price will show.

I have managed to do a screen capture of the new price/contract.
Old 28-01-2022, 11:59   #276
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Just rang 150 . . went through the options . . refused the automated 6 month offer . . stayed on the line and it cut me off about 30 seconds later.

Now ringing 150 gives me "sorry there is a fault, please try later"
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 12:51   #277
Brunel

Just to round this one up.

Have now Rx'd all documents by email, all in order.

Well worth the effort of calling.
Old 28-01-2022, 13:27   #278
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Just rang 150 . . went through the options . . refused the automated 6 month offer . . stayed on the line and it cut me off about 30 seconds later.

Now ringing 150 gives me "sorry there is a fault, please try later"
Just rang again (12:10) . . . almost the same scenario but without the automated 6 month offer. Phone went dead after around 10 minutes of listening to the 'in a queue' music.

I'm thinking if I can go with the idea of getting my bill reduced by £3 every time I get cut off, they could be owing me by this time next week

. . . more to follow
Old 28-01-2022, 15:45   #279
Carth
cf.mega poster

Eventually got through . . 3rd time lucky . . spent almost an hour chatting with a pleasant young chap and ended up with a cheaper 18 month contract on my present package, and no increases until July 2023.

There were issues with the VM systems though, which explains the phone going 'dead' (including 3 times during the call) and also a few difficulties getting the new details into the system.
Old 29-01-2022, 08:54   #280
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
I spoke to someone in the UK.
Sure, but I was talking about my experience.

In my experience, places like India, the Philippines, Thailand etc are known to be rife with bribery, corruption etc. It's perfectly possible, even the norm, for even their police to accept bribes to make criminal offences go away.

I've just been reading an account about a group of lads who were on holiday. One of them sneaked off from the main party and was found having sex with an underage boy. His friends had no idea that he was into such things. Anyway, the boys mother called the police to make a complaint and the offender was put into a local police cell for three days and let out after money was paid to the police and the boys mother. He would have got into much more trouble over here, but money talks in these places where money is tight.

So, what I meant regarding the foreign call centre that Virgin use is that, in such countries, it's probably viewed as acceptable to go back on an agreement and simply try to bat away any complaint as "a mistake". Thankfully it doesn't work like that in the UK. They obviously draw upon their in experiences and culture. I once mentioned that my TV had broken and she thought that I was expecting Virgin to replace it, so I was advised that "I had to go to the market" to buy another one! I didn't bother explaining that I would never buy a television from a market

What we would regard as being ripped off would simply be seen as a successful business transaction by them.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 29-01-2022 at 09:05.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 10:56   #281
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sure, but I was talking about my experience.

In my experience, places like India, the Philippines, Thailand etc are known to be rife with bribery, corruption etc. It's perfectly possible, even the norm, for even their police to accept bribes to make criminal offences go away.

I've just been reading an account about a group of lads who were on holiday. One of them sneaked off from the main party and was found having sex with an underage boy. His friends had no idea that he was into such things. Anyway, the boys mother called the police to make a complaint and the offender was put into a local police cell for three days and let out after money was paid to the police and the boys mother. He would have got into much more trouble over here, but money talks in these places where money is tight.

So, what I meant regarding the foreign call centre that Virgin use is that, in such countries, it's probably viewed as acceptable to go back on an agreement and simply try to bat away any complaint as "a mistake". Thankfully it doesn't work like that in the UK. They obviously draw upon their in experiences and culture. I once mentioned that my TV had broken and she thought that I was expecting Virgin to replace it, so I was advised that "I had to go to the market" to buy another one! I didn't bother explaining that I would never buy a television from a market

What we would regard as being ripped off would simply be seen as a successful business transaction by them.
As I said previously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Richard, if it was an offshore call-centre, they work to rules and scripts set up by VM, and there is regular Quality Control checks on these things.

Your last line reflects badly upon you, but not a surprise, given your previous posts on this type of situation.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:08   #282
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:

If you have missed the news recently you'll see plenty of corruption in government and police inaction in the UK.
As for underage sex.... Andrew ahem.

Anyway I got a far better deal with an overseas agent than the UK based one.

But don't let facts get in the way of an attitude.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:18   #283
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I doubt that even Virgin would have something in writing to prove what had been agreed and then subsequently try to renegade on it and brush it away as a mistake. This was proved when I took matters further with the CEO office.

Some of it might be down to their poor English or apparent lack of common sense though as opposed to deliberately trying to rip off customers.

I don't have any faith in any quality control checks that Virgin may have. The service that they provide is so abysmal that I suspect that a blind eye is turned because they are cheap.

Fortunately, Ofcom take a different view and have issued warnings to Virgin about various matters; the latest that I'm aware of is how they treat blind customers.

This is also why I advise everyone to get things confirmed in writing, if only zeith a quick email. It has been known fir staff to say that they have put things on the notes when, for whatever reason, they haven't.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:22   #284
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I doubt that even Virgin would have something in writing to prove what had been agreed and then subsequently try to renegade on it and brush it away as a mistake. This was proved when I took matters further with the CEO office.

Some of it might be down to their poor English or apparent lack of common sense though as opposed to deliberately trying to rip off customers.

I don't have any faith in any quality control checks that Virgin may have. The service that they provide is so abysmal that I suspect that a blind eye is turned because they are cheap.

Fortunately, Ofcom take a different view and have issued warnings to Virgin about various matters; the latest that I'm aware of is how they treat blind customers.

This is also why I advise everyone to get things confirmed in writing, if only zeith a quick email. It has been known fir staff to say that they have put things on the notes when, for whatever reason, they haven't.
Could you provide a link to that, please?
Old 29-01-2022, 11:38   #285
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
If you have missed the news recently you'll see plenty of corruption in government and police inaction in the UK.
As for underage sex.... Andrew ahem.

Anyway I got a far better deal with an overseas agent than the UK based one.

But don't let facts get in the way of an attitude.
Yes, sadly you're right, such attitudes are seeping into British society.

There's a difference between going with a 17 year old and a 13 year old, even if both were illegal at the time at the place where the act took place.

If you feel that you get a good service from offshore call centres, that's great, but I and many, many others haven't and a quick Internet search will show you this.

Most of my interactions have been negative, so my 'attitude' is entirely justified. I have now been given a contact at the office of the CEO so that I no longer have to deal with them, however, this doesn’t stop outbound sales calls that I choose to have.

Just a couple of stunts that offshore outbound staff have tried to pull on me are:

- If I took Sky Cinema, as a special offer, VOD would be free, when it's usually changed for.

- That they were "upgrading me' from Full House, meaning that I would be losing the children's channels (and paying £9 a month more)! This was phrased as though I didn't have a choice. When I told her to leave my account alone, she said that, if I allowed her to go ahead, I would escape the forthcoming price rise.

So, in order to stop my bill from going up by £6 from March, I could start paying £9 straight away in return for less channels (which I had to clarify because she wasn't going to.mention this). I'm not sure if they are genuinely unintelligent, don't fully understand what they are coming out with or believe that people in the UK are unintelligent.

What I do know is that this sly behaviour will be being done to get their stats/commission up and that it's their vulnerable customers who will lose out.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 29-01-2022 at 11:47.