Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Blueyonder mailbox not available

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

Virgin Blueyonder mailbox not available

Old 26-10-2021, 11:23   #1
ambledl
cf.member

ambledl is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Blueyonder mailbox not available

While I can sign in to Virgin media I get the following error when trying to access my emails from there.

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

This message has been occurring for a week and is coincident with a message I have been getting on my mobile requiring me to confirm my email password before I can access mail on the mobile. I have deleted the mobile account in case this was causing a clash but to no avail.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Seem to have resolved this by editing my profile to create new username and password. It accepted me entering the old ones as new and can now reach my mailbox.
ambledl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2021, 16:30   #2
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Blueyonder mailbox not available

It's not just me then!

For a week, I've been unable to access one of my old ntlworld.com email accounts through either POP3 or webmail. Just today a second account has gone awol.

I contacted customer services and spoke to Hussein who changed the password for me. I still have the same problem.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 16:33   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
It's not just me then!

For a week, I've been unable to access one of my old ntlworld.com email accounts through either POP3 or webmail. Just today a second account has gone awol.

I contacted customer services and spoke to Hussein who changed the password for me. I still have the same problem.
Flipping Nora, haven’t seen you around in quite a while! Welcome back.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 18:22   #4
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Cooooooeeeee!
Old 26-10-2021, 18:35   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
It's not just me then!

I had this problem and changing the password sorted it for me. There is more information about this on the VM Community site

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 20:09   #6
altis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I had this problem and changing the password sorted it for me. There is more information about this on the VM Community site
Hi Bill

I guess this is the info to which you refer:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...l/td-p/4808847

So VM are cracking down on accounts that send spam. Good idea except, perhaps, they also need to check where those emails are going. I use my locked account solely for forwarding malicious emails to spamcop.net and phishing.gov.uk. You really couldn't make it up!

Last edited by altis; 26-10-2021 at 20:31.