Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone use a SonicWall Pro Firewall?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anyone use a SonicWall Pro Firewall?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:56   #1
jem
Inactive

Services: Broadband only (Vivid 300)
jem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quads
Anyone use a SonicWall Pro Firewall?

I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out with a copy of the firmware for a SonicWall Pro 200 firewall.

To cut a long story short, one of the companies whos network I look after has found an old SonicWall firewall in a store cupboard where it has languished for at least a year or so. They would like me to make use of it as a backup to their existing firewall, and I'd like to configure it and put it aside to swop over if needed. Naturally no-one knows the password(s) or IP address info for it but a colleague of mine 'helpfully' did a hard factory reset of it.

If you know about SonicWalls, then you'll know that this wipes the fireware and it has to be reloaded from the disk - which they don't have. Also you can't just download it without registering the device, which I tried to do but discovered that it's already registered but no-one knows who did it or the username/password for the site. SonicWall themselves are not being very helpful.

So if anyone has a copy of the firmware image for this device (any version will do) that they can let me have, I can get cracking on it.

Many thanks in advance

John
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2007, 15:05   #2
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future
Re: Anyone use a SonicWall Pro Firewall?

I'm affraid i dont have the CD, but my experence with sonic wall's...

Well, i think the fact that it was in the cupboard should give you a hint.. It might be best used as a door stop.

I would call sonic wall... someone must be able to give you it
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 15:14   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Did you try using the serial number on the forgotten my username page?
https://www.mysonicwall.com/forgotus....asp?LOCALE=EN
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 15:38   #4
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

Quote:
When you click the Submit button, an email will be sent to the address this serial number is registered to in our system. Additional instructions will be available in the email.
Dont think he knows who will get the email
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 15:49   #5
jem
Inactive

Services: Broadband only (Vivid 300)
jem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by awibble View Post
Dont think he knows who will get the email
Indeed it could be anyone, I suspect that the SonicWall is working, well it lights up and I can connect to it via a browser but can't get any further because I need the firmware.

Anyway, I've just ordered a DrayTek 3300 for the client instead. The fact that you have to jump through so many hoops just to get a piece of software which lets face it is useless without the hardware doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the product. A colleague of mine always raves on about DrayTek so we'll see.

Probably should have gotten a Cisco Pix which I know how to configure with my eyes shut but the DrayTek seems a better item for less money as I really need a firewall with a physical DMZ port.

Thanks anyway

John