Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MotoG on Virgin issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MotoG on Virgin issue

Old 18-02-2014, 14:43   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
MotoG on Virgin issue

Wanted to buy Mrs Osem one of these but it appears that Virgin will only supply micro SIMs in the form of a nano SIM+adaptor and Motorola state that SIM adaptors should not to be used in the MotoG.

Surely in the event of any related problems Motorola would cite the use of an adaptor as a reason to void the warranty.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...50/action/auth
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2014, 17:00   #2
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road
Re: MotoG on Virgin issue

Virgin can supply combi sims (standard sim with micro enclosed) who told you about the nanosim + adapter?
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 18:32   #3
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodstrachan View Post
Virgin can supply combi sims (standard sim with micro enclosed) who told you about the nanosim + adapter?
See post 7 by a member of the Virgin team:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...w/td-p/2154534
Old 18-02-2014, 18:49   #4
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

I work in a carphone warehouse and we stock Virgin microsims so not sure what they're on about
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 21:22   #5
Osem
Inactive

Interesting. I wonder if anyone from Virgin would like to explain because I'm as confused as you are.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:52   #6
Craigyh74
Inactive

Craigyh74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Moto G with Virgin. The manual does state adapters shouldn't be used but VM said they only do nano sims with adapters now. Anyway my Moto G works fine with the Nano+adapter so you shouldn't have any worries
Craigyh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 15:32   #7
Osem
Inactive

TVM. It's not an issue now as I bought her a dual sim Note II clone which she's delighted with.
Old 10-04-2014, 00:20   #8
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I am not a big lover of mobiles but I now realise that I have to buy a smartphone, so for me the Moto G looks good.
I am currently on VM sim only £5pm and would upgrade to either £10 or £15pm sim only with the Moto G.

The 16gb phone is £139 on Virgin Media, is there any chance of a discount given that I pay VM about £65 per month for TV, Landline Phone and Broadband, and Voda/Tesco/O2 sell the 8Gb for £100?
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:17   #9
Craigyh74
Inactive

Craigyh74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd doubt it very much Gus, but theres no harm in trying. Would it be worth taking it out on contract???
Craigyh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:47   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigyh74 View Post
I have a Moto G with Virgin. The manual does state adapters shouldn't be used but VM said they only do nano sims with adapters now. Anyway my Moto G works fine with the Nano+adapter so you shouldn't have any worries
Just as an update to this - Virgin Media now do the push out SIMs rather than ones with the adapters.
Old 10-04-2014, 17:44   #11
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I just tried my luck, Craig you were right. 555555555
I spoke to a UK lady who transferred me to sales which sounded like it was based on the sub continent.
All mobile phone prices were as per web page, no deals, maybe a contract is the way to go, it is a good deal but I just don't like being tied down for 24 months, although I have been on this £5pm with VM for 3 or 4 years. 555.
I explained that if I bought a Moto G for £99 from O2 or Tesco then I may go on to one their plans , but VM were not too bothered.
Old 11-04-2014, 20:13   #12
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

Virgin Mobile have been selling Moto G 16GB today for £99.99 inc £10 airtime, this is on PAYG. I've bought one , delivery confirmed for tomorrow via Yodel.

Found deal on Hotukdeals
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:16   #13
gus0898uk
cf.addict

bonzoe, what a hero you are.
I have just ordered the Moto G for £99.99, spoke to an Indian lady who was very good, no probs sorting anything out.
I rang the 0800 952 2040 Press 1 number.
Amazing that when I asked a couple of days about a deal on this phone ago nobody could help.
Old 12-04-2014, 18:53   #14
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

Deal now withdrawn due to "pricing error". I was fortunate, mine has been delivered and is unlocked on delivery.
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 23:34   #15
gus0898uk
cf.addict

I had an e-mail today saying the phone will be delivered Monday, so here's hoping.
With the £40 I have saved I have bought a coat from M&S that would normally retail at £117, so a good deal thanks to my NTHell friends.

I guess VM management said, "Why are these Moto Gs going like Hot Cakes?"