Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CNN

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

CNN

Old 20-09-2022, 17:37   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
CNN

A year after CNN was removed from Virgin Media, I was wondering what people think might be the chances of CNN returning to the VM platform.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2022, 19:26   #2
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: CNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
A year after CNN was removed from Virgin Media, I was wondering what people think might be the chances of CNN returning to the VM platform.
Can't see that changing but CNN's owners have merged with Discovery so its distribution methods might broaden in the future - perhaps being available on Discovery +.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 21:34   #3
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Who cares about CNN anyway??

I dont think there is anything reliable reported there,they are a mainstream entity FROM THE STATES which in my opinion makes them not worthy!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 21:38   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Who cares about CNN anyway??

I dont think there is anything reliable reported there,they are a mainstream entity FROM THE STATES which in my opinion makes them not worthy!!
That Wolf whatshisname is entertaining on election night. CNN is cool Dude111, you know it
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 01:43   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Hehe yes he is entering an election

I suppose for that they may produce!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 17:18   #6
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I think TimeWarner shot themselves in the foot when they changed CNN's European distribution. Hopefully the new owners will see sense and return it to our screens.
Until then, NBC News Now (channel 614) is a decent substitute if you want US news.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 19:00   #7
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

I don't think that VM would have launched NBC News Now if CNN had remained on the platform.
Old 23-09-2022, 22:38   #8
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I think TimeWarner shot themselves in the foot when they changed CNN's European distribution. Hopefully the new owners will see sense and return it to our screens.
Until then, NBC News Now (channel 614) is a decent substitute if you want US news.
it is a decent substitute you're right. i wonder why we get the online version of nbc news and not their main news channel tho?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2022, 19:43   #9
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The main version in the US is NBC News Now. NBC News itself is lots of regional versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
it is a decent substitute you're right. i wonder why we get the online version of nbc news and not their main news channel tho?
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2022, 01:13   #10
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The main version in the US is NBC News Now. NBC News itself is lots of regional versions.
Ah i didn't know. Thanks for the info!
Old 28-09-2022, 17:47   #11
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Their main rolling news channel was MSNBC but it became more orientated towards political discussion rather than a news channel which i assume os why NBC News Now launched which then expanded to the UK.

I think NBC News Now and CNN would compliment each other very well with NBC News Now being rolling news, albeit only on weekdays, with CNN which mixes international news bulletins with CNN USA which is mostly devoted to news and discussion of US politics.
Old 13-10-2022, 17:13   #12
Cobalt
cf.member

Cobalt is an unknown quantity at this point

It's pretty easy to stream CNN to any TV with chromecast, as Rakuten picked it up for its free live tv service and you can stream it from their site.

It's not actually listed as a channel for some reason, but if you go here you can watch or cast it.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 16:20   #13
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
It's pretty easy to stream CNN to any TV with chromecast, as Rakuten picked it up for its free live tv service and you can stream it from their site.

It's not actually listed as a channel for some reason, but if you go here you can watch or cast it.
Probably a licensing restriction for browser access. The TV based apps (at least the ones I have seen) do list CNN.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 02:13   #14
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Seems daft for CNN not to come back to sky or virgin now. They've taken huge steps back over the last 2 years.
Old 18-10-2022, 02:24   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Seems daft for CNN not to come back to sky or virgin now. They've taken huge steps back over the last 2 years.
CNN didn't leave satellite when it was removed from Virgin. It's still on Sky and Freesat/generic receivers can receive it too as it's FTA.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote