Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 13:05   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: New Prime Minister: Liz Truss

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 980BB4B4-E0C4-452F-8980-39D8A989673B.jpeg (116.7 KB, 85 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2022, 13:08   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I sincerely hope Truss is better. Not too hard an act to follow, mind.
Old 05-09-2022, 13:14   #18
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Was he though? I put forward Thatcher. Yes her strong stance in Europe but her failure to intervene early in The Falklands and privatisation the poll tax the miners strike? I think if you look through British History there will be a few ahead of Boris in the stakes for worst
Old 05-09-2022, 13:15   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I sincerely hope Truss is better. Not too hard an act to follow, mind.
Personally l think it's a great indictment on the modern Conservative party that Liz Truss has become leader.

There are far better candidates imho then Liz Truss out there.
Old 05-09-2022, 13:19   #20
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Personally l think it's a great indictment on the modern Conservative party that Liz Truss has become leader.

very true Den
Old 05-09-2022, 13:35   #21
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: New Prime Minister: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Agreed.

She inherits a 70+ majority from Johnson so not the end of the world in the short-term but the 2025 election and a potential recession loom large.

Immediate question is her generosity to business and consumers for fuel support. If she adopts the LibDem suggestion of freezing the cap at today's prices I would expect her popularity to rise significantly.

As would government borrowing.
Agreed. Liz Truss will be defined by her actions. She has a huge agenda, and if people can see that she’s getting on with it, her popularity will sky rocket.

Many members of the public still don’t know much about her.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
so she only gonna help the rich typical tory what services she gonna cut for her tax cuts NHS police ect
Perhaps you should give her a chance.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

The left would far rather have a seriously weak leader of the Conservative Party because that’s the only way they can think of to persuade people to vote for them.

I can assure you she will be anything but week. Roll on, PM’s Question Time on Wednesday!
Old 05-09-2022, 13:37   #22
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The left would far rather have a seriously weak leader of the Conservative Party because that’s the only way they can think of to persuade people to vote for them.

I can assure you she will be anything but week. Roll on, PM’s Question Time on Wednesday!
Unless Nick Robinson steps in for Keir
Old 05-09-2022, 13:43   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

We are not talking about the left as we are talking about the new Conservative party leader and new prime minister of this country.

Nice diversion tactic though...

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:
Agreed. Liz Truss will be defined by her actions. She has a huge agenda, and if people can see that she’s getting on with it, her popularity will sky rocket.

Quote:
Many members of the public still don’t know much about her.

Actually the public know plenty about her and dislike her far more then Boris Johnson.
Old 05-09-2022, 13:48   #24
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
so she only gonna help the rich typical tory what services she gonna cut for her tax cuts NHS police ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Where exactly do you get that from ?
https://fortune.com/2022/09/05/brita...thiest-people/

Quote:
“I will deliver a bold plan to cut taxes and grow our economy,” she said in a speech after winning the leadership race on Monday.

However, according to economic research organization the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Truss’s proposed tax cuts will “primarily benefit higher-income households.”
Quote:
“To look at everything through the lens of redistribution I believe is wrong because what I’m about is growing the economy and growing the economy benefits everybody,” she said, arguing that “it is fair” to give higher earners more money back via tax cuts than those with smaller incomes.
Old 05-09-2022, 13:50   #25
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Liz: I want to get rid of speeding limits on UK roads

The whole of the UK: We won't even be able to afford to run our cars anyway!

Old 05-09-2022, 13:52   #26
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
exactly my point
Old 05-09-2022, 13:53   #27
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Liz: I want to get rid of speeding limits on UK roads
I think she was talking specifically about the Smart Motorway variable mandatory limits, not a blanket statement.
Old 05-09-2022, 14:00   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
exactly my point
I think what you mean is "Thanks Ben" for finding something credible to help out your obvious rant.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 05-09-2022, 14:07   #29
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

She did mention tax cuts in her speech as well although not defined them yet. But I would be shocked if everything that has been mentioned was cut, the rising of the 40% threshold, the NI tax cut, the VAT tax cut as well as freezing energy prices. That's a huge amount to borrow.
Old 05-09-2022, 14:14   #30
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
That's a huge amount to borrow.
Might as well milk the system with one last push before they get voted out.
Closed Thread