Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 06-10-2022, 11:49   #61
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Bummer! I'm on 200, XL TV or whatever it is now and normal phone, currently not in a contract and paying too much but don't like the stress of phoning up
Had planned maintenance today labelled network upgrade so have applied aain haha. If they refuse this time I will call and find out why
Old 06-10-2022, 11:57   #62
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Had planned maintenance today labelled network upgrade so have applied aain haha. If they refuse this time I will call and find out why
Threaten to cancel lol.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:58   #63
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Threaten to cancel lol.
on a new contract. I should have used it in my haggle hahaha
Old 06-10-2022, 16:59   #64
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I got my HUB 5 via a new contract, works fine.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:09   #65
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Google Chromecast/Google TV, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

I installed the Hub 5yesterday, working perfectly. Very pleased.
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:46   #66
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

I thought I'd chance it and request one - Was approved and should be arriving today.
I like trying new things, so why not?

Apparently it should also work with the Pod I was trialling some time ago, we shall see...

If anyone wants anything investigated on the new hub, I'll be happy to look!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 14:51   #67
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Mine turns up tomorrow, I hope it doesn't screw up my power levels.
Old 10-10-2022, 16:59   #68
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Just had an email saying I should get the hub via yodel on the 17th.
Hoping that isn't bin day...

Anyone know if the hub5 can be put in modem mode like the earlier ones? I think ours is still a 3

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 17:32   #69
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Hoping that isn't bin day...

Anyone know if the hub5 can be put in modem mode like the earlier ones? I think ours is still a 3
Yes. I had mine in modem mode
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 20:47   #70
SirThomas
cf.addict

SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Delivered, plugged in and working all inside of ten minutes - The commissioning process is certainly a lot cleaner than it used to be!

No need to text or call in, reboot multiple times etc. Colour me impressed.
Same crap GUI, but it is what it is

Cool to see a full 31(?) downstream and 5 upstream channels. That's new.
A fantastically wide spread in levels from +1.5 > 7.8 though. Who knows if that's to be expected or not!

The Hub itself weighs a lot more and seems better built. I could be wrong...
I'll give it a little stress testing, see how she performs.

Tom
Old 10-10-2022, 22:26   #71
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me what the physical size of the hub 5 is please, can't seem to find this anywhere.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 23:03   #72
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
Delivered, plugged in and working all inside of ten minutes - The commissioning process is certainly a lot cleaner than it used to be!

No need to text or call in, reboot multiple times etc. Colour me impressed.
Same crap GUI, but it is what it is

Cool to see a full 31(?) downstream and 5 upstream channels. That's new.
A fantastically wide spread in levels from +1.5 > 7.8 though. Who knows if that's to be expected or not!

The Hub itself weighs a lot more and seems better built. I could be wrong...
I'll give it a little stress testing, see how she performs.

Tom
Do they want the Hub3 returned?

Not sure about that spread of levels! I hope I don't have this issue.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Can anyone tell me what the physical size of the hub 5 is please, can't seem to find this anywhere.
I can't find it either, I guess it's not an important feature. Lol
Old 10-10-2022, 23:43   #73
SirThomas
cf.addict

Quote:
Do they want the Hub3 returned?
There's a pamphlet saying you can post it back - 'In partnership with Yodel' - So I imagine they just facilitate VM's e-waste. I'm more than happy to get rid of it, though!

Dimensions for the Hub5 are: 19*24*4.5cm vs 16*22*4.5cm on the Hub3 - so a big beast. But the Hub3 has that stupid wedge shape.
Luckily the 5 is completely flat, so you can actually lay it down somewhere.

Interestingly, the 2.5G port doesn't function as 2.5G in router-mode. I have yet to test in modem-mode. Not an issue for me, just strange...

Tom
Old 11-10-2022, 05:52   #74
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The Hub5 box has a bit to remove if returning a Hub3 - so it should fit in.

I was looking at the Hub5 with the 2.5 port as I use my own router which is currently limited by the Hub4 to 940M - but I keep the Hub4 in router mode to connect just VM kit as the 360s seem to have a problem using my own Netgear router. So if the 2.5G port doesn't work then not much point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
There's a pamphlet saying you can post it back - 'In partnership with Yodel' - So I imagine they just facilitate VM's e-waste. I'm more than happy to get rid of it, though!

Dimensions for the Hub5 are: 19*24*4.5cm vs 16*22*4.5cm on the Hub3 - so a big beast. But the Hub3 has that stupid wedge shape.
Luckily the 5 is completely flat, so you can actually lay it down somewhere.

Interestingly, the 2.5G port doesn't function as 2.5G in router-mode. I have yet to test in modem-mode. Not an issue for me, just strange...

Tom

Last edited by ozsat; 11-10-2022 at 05:56.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:16   #75
SirThomas
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
if the 2.5G port doesn't work then not much point.
I would suggest that it only initialises 2.5G in modem-mode - Although admittedly that's rather unusual. I'll confirm when I switch modes. I've seen others report it working fine, so assume it's ok.

The BQM seems pleasantly steady (ignore the spike, that was me stressing it).

Considering it's in router mode, it certainly suggests that the processor's not being used as heavily as on the previous Hub.
bqm.png

Tom