Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 14:12   #361
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Yes Sky UK run the UK channel but I don't think they run the Germany channel
https://www.syfy.de/ueber-syfy

As you can see it still has proper website unlike the UK.

Oops sorry - I think Syfy is run by Sky UK Limited is due to Brexit.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2022, 14:19   #362
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Oops sorry - I think Syfy is run by Sky UK Limited is due to Brexit.
Or you could just find the reporting

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2019...ets-in-europe/

Of note is the decision to fold NBCU’s UK PayTV channels, which include E!, Syfy and Universal TV, in with Sky’s broad-based portfolio of sports, movie and entertainment channels; and base them at Sky’s Osterley HQ. NBCU’s EMEA Networks team will also be located at the same West London site. In a similar move in Germany, Sky will become the parent company of NBCU’s Networks business.
Old 04-02-2022, 14:34   #363
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

NBC News video tests appear on Sky.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/nbc-news-n...-for-uk-launch

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Or you could just find the reporting

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2019...ets-in-europe/

Of note is the decision to fold NBCU’s UK PayTV channels, which include E!, Syfy and Universal TV, in with Sky’s broad-based portfolio of sports, movie and entertainment channels; and base them at Sky’s Osterley HQ. NBCU’s EMEA Networks team will also be located at the same West London site. In a similar move in Germany, Sky will become the parent company of NBCU’s Networks business.
I did see that link in 2019 but forgot about it.
Old 04-02-2022, 16:10   #364
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I was about to watch Escape to the Country on BBC channel 101 at 3 pm, it's showing on the list, but that's not what is on, anyone any idea why.
Old 04-02-2022, 16:16   #365
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Olympics Opening Ceremony over ran - things are 15 minutes late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I was about to watch Escape to the Country on BBC channel 101 at 3 pm, it's showing on the list, but that's not what is on, anyone any idea why.
Old 04-02-2022, 16:17   #366
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony ran a bit late?

It’s on now.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 04-02-2022 at 17:07.
Old 04-02-2022, 16:27   #367
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thanks, guys.
Old 04-02-2022, 17:05   #368
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Also the video & audio streams linked to the BBC RB HD service on TS 23 have been removed.
DBR is reporting that video & audio streams linked to the BBC RB HD service on TS 23 was off last night (time at 1.10am) but is now online.
Old 04-02-2022, 17:23   #369
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know why Eurosport 3 HD, 4 HD and 5 HD couldn't have been put on VM 523, 524 and 525 next to Eurosport 1 HD and 2 HD on 521 and 522?

Eurosport 4K could have been on the next available VM slot, which I think would have been 532 next to BT Sport 4K on 531.
Old 04-02-2022, 17:33   #370
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Does anyone know why Eurosport 3 HD, 4 HD and 5 HD couldn't have been put on VM 523, 524 and 525 next to Eurosport 1 HD and 2 HD on 521 and 522?

Eurosport 4K could have been on the next available VM slot, which I think would have been 532 next to BT Sport 4K on 531.
They are temporary Winter Olympics channels so Virgin has just given them a same Discovery got for temporary Summer Olympics channels last year

But if BT Sport do merge with Discovery I think:

-Eurosport brand will get axe in the UK.
-BT/Discovery will be on Virgin Channels 521 to 525 with MUTV moving back to 526.
Old 04-02-2022, 17:53   #371
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
DBR is reporting that video & audio streams linked to the BBC RB HD service on TS 23 was off last night (time at 1.10am) but is now online.
No changes were reported at the 6am refresh, so I guess the streams were still AWOL at that point. I did get a message sometime this morning saying they are back. Strange!

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:

The old configurations are still in the system, even up to Eurosport 9HD, so probably easier not to change them. As I said previously the placeholder for Eurosport 6 HD was moved along with 3HD-5HD, so they are being kept together.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:
Oh god, not another rumour of a TV channel closing just because listings haven't been updated.

Following that logic, all of the MTV channels should have shut down at the end of 2021 when their listings stopped being updated on their website.
It all sounds vaguely familiar, as if the same conclusion has been drawn previously when the website listings ran out. I wonder if people do the same sort of thing when they notice the train timetables end on a specific date. I've not noticed lots of forum posts about the railways being closed down.

Last edited by epsilon; 04-02-2022 at 18:08.
Old 04-02-2022, 17:57   #372
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
No changes were reported at the 6am refresh, so I guess the streams were still AWOL at that point. I did get a message sometime this morning saying they back. Strange!
DBR is reporting that BBC HD test was back online by 8.52am today.
Old 04-02-2022, 18:13   #373
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
DBR is reporting that BBC HD test was back online by 8.52am today.
I think that's just the time when the DBR scanner checked the transport stream, the elementary streams could have been back earlier.
Old 04-02-2022, 18:51   #374
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
They are temporary Winter Olympics channels so Virgin has just given them a same Discovery got for temporary Summer Olympics channels last year

But if BT Sport do merge with Discovery I think:

-Eurosport brand will get axe in the UK.
-BT/Discovery will be on Virgin Channels 521 to 525 with MUTV moving back to 526.
Moving back to 526? MUTV is already on 526, hence the opportunity for Eurosport 3 HD, 4 HD and 5 HD to slot in.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:32   #375
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:

They must have been listening to you. My V6 is now showing them on 523/4/5 with 4K on 532.
Closed Thread