Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 28-09-2022, 17:58   #1681
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Starzplay Rebrands As Lionsgate+ Internationally from tomorrow
https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/s...us-1235386607/

Lionsgate Says It’s Leaning Toward Spinning Off Studio, Not Starz

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/l...rz-1235386627/
The rebrand of STARZPLAY to LIONSGATE+ internationally makes sense, with Disney+ using the STAR brand in the majority of those territories.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2022, 02:26   #1682
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

WWE Network is moving to Binge a streaming service in Australia owned by Foxtel https://deadline.com/2022/09/wwe-fox...ge-1235128367/

Obviously this is Australia but continues the whole project of moving WWE Network to third party providers from an inhouse production.

Who will get the UK rights to the WWE Network which is the second biggest market? Canada, USA, Australia and Indonesia have these deals now.

Netflix- can't see them doing this deal as they're cutting costs
Disney+ - Possibly ?
Amazon Prime- Again another possibility...
Sky- Well the tv shows are with BT Sport so i can't see that nor i can't see how it fits in with Now TV either.
BT Sport- Would fit as they're the provider but BT would need to launch their own streaming service for everyone not just their customers (i would hope?) plus they're cutting costs too...or could discovery + get it as they now own part of BT Sport...

Interesting times and with the amount of content WWE could provide (even if youre not a fan) it will be tempting for providers to grab.

As we all know....CONTENT IS KING

Last edited by vincerooney; 29-09-2022 at 02:27. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 03:06   #1683
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
WWE Network is moving to Binge a streaming service in Australia owned by Foxtel https://deadline.com/2022/09/wwe-fox...ge-1235128367/

Obviously this is Australia but continues the whole project of moving WWE Network to third party providers from an inhouse production.

Who will get the UK rights to the WWE Network which is the second biggest market? Canada, USA, Australia and Indonesia have these deals now.

Disney+ - Possibly ?
Sky- Well the tv shows are with BT Sport so i can't see that nor i can't see how it fits in with Now TV either.
BT Sport- Would fit as they're the provider but BT would need to launch their own streaming service for everyone not just their customers (i would hope?) plus they're cutting costs too...or could discovery + get it as they now own part of BT Sport...

Interesting times and with the amount of content WWE could provide (even if youre not a fan) it will be tempting for providers to grab.

Eventually WWE network will be either part of Peacock or BTsportDiscovery.
Old 29-09-2022, 16:18   #1684
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Disney+ - Possibly ?

Content is King……WWE is Panto
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2022, 11:10   #1685
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Disney+ - Possibly ?

BT Sport has an app for non-customers. As BT is moving away from content acquisition, I don't know if it would see the need to make its streaming box available to non-BT customers. This would only make it easier for people to move to a cheaper competitor like the altnets. Longer term, I understand that the BT retail offering will be under the EE brand.

I think the only companies interested in WWE in the UK would be the three main sports providers: WBD-BT Sport, Sky, and ViaPlay-Premier Sports.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2022, 13:59   #1686
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
BT Sport has an app for non-customers. As BT is moving away from content acquisition, I don't know if it would see the need to make its streaming box available to non-BT customers. This would only make it easier for people to move to a cheaper competitor like the altnets. Longer term, I understand that the BT retail offering will be under the EE brand.

I think the only companies interested in WWE in the UK would be the three main sports providers: WBD-BT Sport, Sky, and ViaPlay-Premier Sports.
I've literally already told you lot what the plans are for WWE Network lol
Old 30-09-2022, 15:58   #1687
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As I have been watching WWE for 32years here is my views.

Sky: If WWE goes back to Sky if I was Sky I would offer WWE an WWE branded channel "Sky Sports WWE" broadcasting WWE shows 24/7 (like Sky do with F1 and NFL)

WBD BT: If WWE stays with WBD-BT I would not mind but I would go after WWE NXT PPVS as part of new deal.

Viaplay: Would Viaplay have room to broadcast WWE due to their NHL rights?

We will find where WWE goes next somepoint in 2024 as WBD BT deal ends on December 31st 2024.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:21   #1688
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Deep pockets DAZN are making Connor Benn v Chris Eubank jr. available as a pay per view add on for Virgin Media customers on their set top box.

£27.98 for a catchweight non-title fight between two guys that aren’t even rivals. The low cost streaming future is here.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:47   #1689
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Deep pockets DAZN are making Connor Benn v Chris Eubank jr. available as a pay per view add on for Virgin Media customers on their set top box.

£27.98 for a catchweight non-title fight between two guys that aren’t even rivals. The low cost streaming future is here.
For £7 more I could grab a years illicit IPTV with links to that and every other fight. I do not advocate this but the prices prove why people do pirate this kinda stuff
Old 03-10-2022, 15:30   #1690
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
For £7 more I could grab a years illicit IPTV with links to that and every other fight. I do not advocate this but the prices prove why people do pirate this kinda stuff
If those I follow on social media are representative there’s many people who insist they do not pay but do watch events.

I think this is the sixth PPV in about nine weeks. I think boxing fans are getting tired of being rinsed.
Old 06-10-2022, 16:08   #1691
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
If those I follow on social media are representative there’s many people who insist they do not pay but do watch events.

I think this is the sixth PPV in about nine weeks. I think boxing fans are getting tired of being rinsed.
Hopefully nobody was too fast to purchase it, as if it wasn’t a mismatch enough one has failed a drugs test and the promoter was at the High Court out of desperation trying to force the British Boxing Board of Control to sanction it anyway
Old 06-10-2022, 18:30   #1692
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Quote:
Hopefully nobody was too fast to purchase it, as if it wasn’t a mismatch enough one has failed a drugs test and the promoter was at the High Court out of desperation trying to force the British Boxing Board of Control to sanction it anyway
Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr fight postponed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63158856
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 18:43   #1693
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Drug taking cheat should be banned from pro fighting full stop
Old 06-10-2022, 21:46   #1694
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Glad it’s off the Board had no business sanctioning someone who fights at 147 to fight someone who naturally fights at 160. The drugs just made it more farcical.
Old 09-10-2022, 15:21   #1695
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Yesterday I was watching Final Score on BBC 1 HD using the Virgin Media Stream device and noticed every so often the picture would worsen and it was mainly noticeable on the on screen graphics giving the scores.

The picture would go softer and a little blurred then correct itself , I ran checks on my Broadband and all was fine however I have noticed this a couple of times and the stream box is right near the Virgin Media hub.

Anyone else suffered with this ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote