Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 26-02-2013, 20:56   #106
Paul55
Inactive

Paul55 is on a distinguished roadPaul55 is on a distinguished road
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

I know what you mean about being unsure, this is all a bit hit & miss. I'm not in Scotland, I'm from Peterborough in Cambs.
Paul55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2013, 20:57   #107
Glasgow_chris
Inactive

Glasgow_chris is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also got a spent Criminal record from when I was younger but I've done a discloser for my job in the airport and that was fine
Glasgow_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 20:58   #108
G Telf
Inactive

G Telf is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been reading that every 2 weeks you are giving a 10 point audit and if you fail you are fined £100 !!
G Telf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 21:01   #109
Gateshead
Inactive

Gateshead is an unknown quantity at this point

Mines from last March

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Where did you read that gtelc
Gateshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 21:10   #110
G Telf
Inactive

G Telf is an unknown quantity at this point

http://openreachengineer.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=983
G Telf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:34   #111
Gateshead
Inactive

What's mj quinn stance on unspent criminal records? non violent, non sexual, non theft or fraud?
Old 27-02-2013, 15:56   #112
Glasgow_chris
Inactive

Just looked over the training agreement I after twelve weeks in the job you have to pay the full about back which is £130 per day
Old 27-02-2013, 22:43   #113
Rospico
Inactive

Rospico is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also a bit nervous about this . phone call out of the blue and very little info. also promised a fuel card. Normally when agencies call you they are desperate to get the numbers in and don't really care how it affects us guys. I have been very careful at the moment with booking training digs and stuff. I can cancel them both on the day. bought my train ticket well in advance but only stand to loose 25 quid on that. need the work but going to be well out of pocket before i even start. The other hidden surprises that keep popping up means I am a stamp away from pulling out. Thought I would check out on the web and found this forum and very glad i did. Going to mull it over further over the weekend. I need a job but I am not liking the amount of money i will have to hand over before i start. and then if i am reading it right you get charged for them to do the CRB check and then Training if you leave before six months. So what if you fail on the course. totally out of pocket.
Rospico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 19:36   #114
stblaze
Inactive

stblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

heres the real deal u get no fuel card , you will be under sever pressure everyday to get completes if u get an npu e ie u do all the install get to the cab and and ur number is not on eside u then have to try get support on phone could take upto and over an hour to get them then they get u new eside and what do u get for ur trouble 10 pound for that job not the zone rate ur due as its classed as an npu so u could have just spent 2 hrs of ur day doing a full install basically running all the internal cable climbing the pole and installing new drop wire from pole to house then u run to cab using ur own fuel again .then theres the audits ,audits dont just include the actual work they also include the forms filled on tablet miss something and get nailed ie ur dside is ment to be on 200 but come up on 330 and u forget to put that on form thats u just got 5 point defect ,then lets move on to the tools they supply ull get a tdr that wont work none of them will or if they do it wont work for long if ur drill brakes then its off to b&q to buy a new 500 quid drill ,then theres lovely no access u get say five jobs on ur tab two people aint in that two no access what u get for that not a penny its actually cost u money on fuel then u pick up 1 comp and 2 npus so uve basically made 50 quid for that day but drove maybe 80 miles so deduct a 10 for fuel so uve made 40 quid for being out for 8 -10 hours .
what about if u need new batteries for ur tdr (that wont work) or ur toner u phone up the to get new batteries and are told go buy them we dont supply them u can buy them cheap in pound land ,same goes for drill bits need new ones u wont be given any just told go buy some and claim them back of payment company which u will only get the vat back for so ur paying for 80 perecnt of them and tax man pays for rest and quinns laugh all the way to bank ,
then it comes to ur ill and i mean genuiely ill it happens to us all so u phone up to tell then im no well they say really no probs u have a 50 pound fine so its costs u to be unwell
personally i have worked in the comms game my whole life and have never experienced anything like this having to buy ur own consumables fined for being unwell lets say i left not long after starting with quinns and wouldnt touch them with a barge pole and recommend that no one else does unless u wanna pay to make them money while there managers sit in the house and say get the jobs done we dont care if u cut corners but if u do its ur ass on the block
stblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 21:18   #115
Rospico
Inactive

Rospico is an unknown quantity at this point

That's me then. I will not be following up my initial interest and save myself a wad of money and grief. The job agencies are the culprits here as they spin you a load of white lies to get their cut. they are not interested once you are through the door. Email going to the agency in a bit to say withdrawing my application. Stblaze all my concerns were covered in your post As a BT engineer i struggled to do 4 installs in a day if they were all over head and in a fairly local patch that I knew so this is not for me Ta. No access is a good one. not thought of that. 40 mile journeys for nothing i don't think so.
Rospico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 22:00   #116
stblaze
Inactive

stblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i had to make the post mate because i didnt want guys going into something that looked good and then walking into the world of crap i did im not usually one for making post like that but i had to there because its exploitation our game is being ruined by companies like this as they know were all in the position were there is not much work the now and most guys need to accept it or sign on for the most part there taking on untrained guys and i mean untrained ie butcher bakers and candle stick makers giving them 5 days training at pqms then right out in the field most of them dont even know the basic functions of a 9083 then uve got auditors measuring ur distance between cleats and staples and giving u a critical defect if there just over .its a joke it really is im all for guys working but the longer we accept these crazy work conditions the longer they will do it to us and get worst as ive been told the contact terms ae changing in march and the money is going down
stblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 00:34   #117
Glasgow_chris
Inactive

Thanks very much for that post !
Old 02-03-2013, 15:08   #118
Gateshead
Inactive

Well good luck guys I got my mj quinn rejection letter this morning. Apparantly my crb disclosure means I'm too much of a risk. With they had told me 4weeks ago when offering me the position. I've knocked back 3 jobs in that time
Old 03-03-2013, 19:39   #119
gman3631
Inactive

gman3631 is an unknown quantity at this point

im worreid about my crb check too, my last offence was over 6 years ago and i think it is spent but on the form they want to know if you have had any offences in the last 10 years, i thought a crb only goes back 5 years. will they find out what a naughty boy i was in my teens lol?
gman3631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:21   #120
Gateshead
Inactive

Some offences are sent in 5 years of they didn't involve imprisonment. Don't put it on the form if you think it's not on your crb. Cos they will just knock you back