Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2021/22

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2021/22

Old 31-05-2022, 14:46   #211
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Season 2021/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Mainly for people who own sea going boats I guess. Didn't realise football fans were such a nautical bunch.
Yeah that's what I was thinking but that then asks the question why are the shops selling to every tom,dick and Harry ?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2022, 15:12   #212
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking but that then asks the question why are the shops selling to every tom,dick and Harry ?
I had a quick look and from what I can see you need a licence for specific waterway but in general I think you can pretty much jump in a boat and sail off. So nothing like a car licence that you would necessarily need to show in a maritime shop.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 17:22   #213
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I had a quick look and from what I can see you need a licence for specific waterway but in general I think you can pretty much jump in a boat and sail off. So nothing like a car licence that you would necessarily need to show in a maritime shop.
Clearly the law needs tightening up and quickly before someone is killed. Some will say football clubs should do more but I'm at a loss to what short of searching every single fan that enters a football ground!

Last edited by telegramsam; 31-05-2022 at 17:23. Reason: Predictive texting error
Old 31-05-2022, 17:35   #214
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Clearly the law needs tightening up and quickly before someone is killed. Some will say football clubs should do more but I'm at a loss to what short of searching every single fan that enters a football ground!
I have travelled away extensively over the last few seasons. Some clubs actively employ sniffer dogs ( certainly for away fans ) looking for pyrotechnics* - Leeds, Man City, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs to name a few. There's enough money swilling around the Premiership to make that mandatory at all Premier grounds.

*Possibly drugs as well.
Old 31-05-2022, 17:43   #215
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I have travelled away extensively over the last few seasons. Some clubs actively employ sniffer dogs ( certainly for away fans ) looking for pyrotechnics* - Leeds, Man City, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs to name a few. There's enough money swilling around the Premiership to make that mandatory at all Premier grounds.

*Possibly drugs as well.
Okay that's good. Something I didn't know. I agree no reason why all clubs,Premier League especially,can't do the same.
Old 04-06-2022, 20:05   #216
telegramsam
telegramsam

Just watched the worst England performance in many years! Whether it's end of season tiredness I don't know.
Old 04-06-2022, 21:53   #217
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Okay that's good. Something I didn't know. I agree no reason why all clubs,Premier League especially,can't do the same.
Man United have had pyro dogs for years and yet you still get idiots letting off flares. Used to be exclusively foreign teams but now they seem to be at it.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 22:00   #218
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just watched the worst England performance in many years! Whether it's end of season tiredness I don't know.
It's more not giving a toss. Guess they'd rather be on their hols and preparing for more important things like the Premiership/next contract negotiations.

Still can't understand the point of the Nations League.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 22:03   #219
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's more not giving a toss. Guess they'd rather be on their hols and preparing for more important things like the Premiership/next contract negotiations.

I think they're just trying to give friendlies a bit more interest, and failing IMO.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 23:37   #220
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Yeah think there's alot of that in it too.
Old 05-06-2022, 00:38   #221
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star

England showed Hungary no respect at all.

The weakest line up for a competitive match I have ever seen, facile political gestures to provoke the home nation and a complete lack of effort anywhere on the pitch.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:01   #222
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Not a problem for me, I was watching the test match.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:00   #223
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
England showed Hungary no respect at all.

The weakest line up for a competitive match I have ever seen, facile political gestures to provoke the home nation and a complete lack of effort anywhere on the pitch.
I don't think it was a weak line up,not the strongest I agree,it was just the lack of commitment from the players that disappointed me. As for the facile political gestures to provoke the home nation,I presume you're referring to taking the knee? I don't agree with it either but as England national team do it before every match I see no reason why they should of not done it just to please a bunch of racists. What disturbed me most was the majority of the crowd were kids!
Old 05-06-2022, 12:48   #224
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I don't think it was a weak line up,not the strongest I agree,it was just the lack of commitment from the players that disappointed me. As for the facile political gestures to provoke the home nation,I presume you're referring to taking the knee? I don't agree with it either but as England national team do it before every match I see no reason why they should of not done it just to please a bunch of racists. What disturbed me most was the majority of the crowd were kids!
Kids under 14 who could be accompanied by adults.

So take your school aged kid to go to a behind closed doors match and boo the anti-racism gesture.

Personally, I think taking the knee before the match has lost any symbolism it had, and perhaps needs to be canned for the new season, but I guess that's not the reason there - after all the match was behind closed doors to begin with because of racism, and so it is probably a protest gesture against that as well as their initial racism.

Unless there's some sort of NF type movement for Hungarian preteens, I don't think the kids would be booing of their own volition, maybe doing it because everyone else is...

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 14:22   #225
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

People complaining about booing the knee gesture by Hungarians should look at English football where it is still booed by some.

Some English fans even boo their own National Anthem ffs.