Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 24-05-2022, 17:56   #391
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Freeview has today remove "ADULT Xpanded" from a list on their web site.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2022, 13:07   #392
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Pop Player has been added to SDN.
Old 25-05-2022, 13:19   #393
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Pop Player has been added to SDN.
"Pop Player is not currently available on your TV
An internet connection is required to use this service"

Quality addition.

But seriously, I was curious what would show.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 13:21   #394
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Freeview update:

Pop Max has close on Man. Mux on Channel 208
Pop Player has launch on Channel 208 (COM4)
Horror Channel has moves to Channel 41
CBS Justice has moves to Channel 69
Kiss Chat has been remove from Channel 252
Proud Dating has been remove from Channel 253
ADULT Xpanded remove from COM5.
TogetherTV remove from Channel 790
Old 25-05-2022, 13:29   #395
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Freeview update:

Pop Max has close on Man. Mux on Channel 208
Pop Player has launch on Channel 208 (COM4)
Horror Channel has moves to Channel 41
CBS Justice has moves to Channel 69
Kiss Chat has been remove from Channel 252
Proud Dating has been remove from Channel 253
ADULT Xpanded remove from COM5.
TogetherTV remove from Channel 790
Well that saves me doing the composing I was about to do. All hail the page refresh!

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

They should've just amended the channel number for Xpanded TV removal and added Together TV slate, rather than remove Xpanded TV infi entirely. But it isn't exactly essential info for most folk, so matters little.
Old 25-05-2022, 13:32   #396
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Well that saves me doing the composing I was about to do. All hail the page refresh!
I was doing one for my twitter page anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
They should've just amended the channel number for Xpanded TV removal and added Together TV slate, rather than remove Xpanded TV infi entirely. But it isn't exactly essential info for most folk, so matters little.
But COM4 did not do anything with Craft Extra still got 'Be Back soon'.
Old 25-05-2022, 13:37   #397
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I was doing one for my twitter page anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

But COM4 did not do anything with Craft Extra still got 'Be Back soon'.
Thanks, whatever the reason.

Not the same thing though, Craft Extra is still there because of uncertainties. See this RXTV article. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
Old 25-05-2022, 13:52   #398
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Thanks, whatever the reason.

Not the same thing though, Craft Extra is still there because of uncertainties. See this RXTV article. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
Craft Extra close on February 25th - the 12weeks rule was up on May 20th.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/sites/def...policy-7-1.pdf

Also RT old slot on COM6 is still Free.
Old 25-05-2022, 16:07   #399
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Craft Extra close on February 25th - the 12weeks rule was up on May 20th.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/sites/def...policy-7-1.pdf

Also RT old slot on COM6 is still Free.
I know the 12 weeks rule is up, but since there is uncertainty as to what to do under the circumstances of this particular administration they probably think, in my opinion, that the safest thing to do legally is nothing, until the matter is resolved.

That the administrators told the creditors that they don't anticipate it having any value, suggests this is more complicated than there being demand for the broadcast space, as with COM7's closure there clearly will be demand for space.
Old 31-05-2022, 13:21   #400
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of May 31st.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD
*BBC NEWS HD
*BBC FOUR HD
*CBeebies HD

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
*BBC NEWS HD may move to BBC B Mux
*BBC FOUR HD may move to BBC B Mux
*CBeebies HD may move to BBC B Mux
*NOW 80s may move to COM6
*Forces TV may move to COM4
*FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
*Together TV will be moving to IPTV

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview:

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

What’s changing on June 30th:

Mux closes
COM7 will close today

All information is right as of May 31st.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:33   #401
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Official confirmation that when COM7 closes the BBC will be moving CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD to PSB3, aka BBCB.

BBC News HD is closing on Freeview. They've clearly decided there's only enough space for one extra HD stream on that multiplex.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work.../news/waw-com7
Old 02-06-2022, 16:14   #402
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Official confirmation that when COM7 closes the BBC will be moving CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD to PSB3, aka BBCB.

BBC News HD is closing on Freeview. They've clearly decided there's only enough space for one extra HD stream on that multiplex.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work.../news/waw-com7
RXTV think BBC News HD will be back on Freeview in 2025 when CBBC HD and BBC Four HD is close.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-making...ew-hd-channels

For all we know maybe BBC is going to rent out more room on BBC B so that two more SD Channels can launch on BBC B.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-06-2022 at 16:21.
Old 02-06-2022, 17:58   #403
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
RXTV think BBC News HD will be back on Freeview in 2025 when CBBC HD and BBC Four HD is close.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-making...ew-hd-channels

For all we know maybe BBC is going to rent out more room on BBC B so that two more SD Channels can launch on BBC B.
They don't actually say that they think BBC News HD will return to Freeview in 2025, they say "the arrangement is likely to be only temporary" in a paragraph that only talks about the BBC Four closure. You are putting words in their mouths.

Is it likely they will put BBC News HD back in if a stream becomes available? Of course it is, and RXTV may well think so too, but this isn't explicitly said.

On the other thing, yes it's entirely possible they might fit in additional SD streams in. Some on Digital Spy are wondering if the opposite might happen, and the existing two SD channels on PSB3 will close. Personally I don't think they will close, there looks to me (not that I'm an expert) to be enough space for additional SD in addition to the extra HD stream.
Old 02-06-2022, 18:02   #404
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
They don't actually say that they think BBC News HD will return to Freeview in 2025, they say "the arrangement is likely to be only temporary" in a paragraph that only talks about the BBC Four closure. You are putting words in their mouths.

Is it likely they will put BBC News HD back in if a stream becomes available? Of course it is, and RXTV may well think so too, but this isn't explicitly said.

On the other thing, yes it's entirely possible they might fit in additional SD streams in. Some on Digital Spy are wondering if the opposite might happen, and the existing two SD channels on PSB3 will close. Personally I don't think they will close, there looks to me (not that I'm an expert) to be enough space for additional SD in addition to the extra HD stream.
I did say two due to - That's Music and Together TV using RT HD space on COM7 right now.
Old 02-06-2022, 19:38   #405
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

You can often fit 3-4 SD channels into the space of one HD channel. That only two have been added into the vacated space on COM7 at short notice on a multiplex with a short life, so little demand, doesn't mean that's all that could've fitted in.
Given there's not enough space, apparently, for two new HD streams however, may mean 2 is indeed a more likely number if indeed more are added.

Changing the subject, I wouldn't be surprised if BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD move channel number after BBC News HD closes on Freeview, though not necessarily immediately, the BBC may choose to leave an information slate for a few weeks after closure.