Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 29-03-2022, 18:10   #346
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Xpanded2 wasn't on the same multiplex as Xpanded. It shared with Great! Movies Action on COM4 and closed in mid December. https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates
Xpanded2 on Freeview was a IPTV Channel.

Quote:
]BARB website unfortunately stopped providing new Channel Share Ratings from 3rd January but Great! TV (0.17), Great! Movies Classic (0.26) and Tiny Pop (0.13 unusual as normally in 0.20 range) were all individually getting at least double/triple the ratings of each of Now80s (0.07), ForcesTV (0.04) & FreeSports (0.06) I think Narrative Entertainment UK's (who own Great! And Pop channels) output has got much more justification to remain where they are.
TogetherTV(0.05) BTW.
I was just posting my own views.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

If only PSB2 multiplex would update it multiplex to be like COM4 to COM6.

That would make space for up to SIX SD Channels to move over from COM7 or launch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2022, 19:55   #347
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Xpanded2 on Freeview was a IPTV Channel.
It doesn't change that it was a broadcast channel on COM4. The IP stream on Freeview was launched 2 weeks before the broadcast version was removed.
Quote:
I was just posting my own views.
I know you were. I was simply saying it's unlikely in my opinion, in a roundabout fashion. I would like FreeSports on a permanent multiplex myself, but I'm trying to be realistic so I'm not disappointed.

Quote:
If only PSB2 multiplex would update it multiplex to be like COM4 to COM6.

That would make space for up to SIX SD Channels to move over from COM7 or launch.
*Shudder* For a lower picture resolution? No thanks. PSB2 is the only one at proper resolution now, even PSB1 was slightly tweaked down to fit in an extra stream, though nothing as drastic as the commercial multiplexes and barely noticeable.

I was expecting you to say you wished COM5 and COM6 were like COM4 again. It would be less obvious on those two as there are lower resolution streams all 3 permanent commercial multiplexes. Though obviously there's differing numbers of radio stations on the commercial muxes to factor in possible future streams. They are all unique in their makeup.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 18:49   #348
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

With COM7 closing soon do anyone else think it time to axe +1 channels on Freeview to make room for COM7 Channels to move over to a other mux?
Old 06-04-2022, 15:44   #349
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Television licences renewed in March 2022:

Ofcom has granted a renewal of the following licences.

Licence type > Licensee > Service name
TV multiplex > Digital 3 and 4 Limited > Multiplex 2
TV multiplex > SDN Limited > Multiplex A

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Hochanda Global Limited has a DTPS licence for:

Create & Craft
Craft Extra

Ideal Shopping Direct Limited (Now called Ideal World Limited) has a DTPS licence for:

Ideal World
Brands.tv

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 06-04-2022 at 16:02.
Old 06-04-2022, 15:50   #350
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

It may just be the way you've worded it, and my need for a coffee, so I'll ask... there's no DTPS for existing Ideal World then? It's just that you mentioned all the services associated with Hochanda and only one with IW.

Thanks for the info though, particularly the D3&4 mux part.
Old 06-04-2022, 16:02   #351
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It may just be the way you've worded it, and my need for a coffee, so I'll ask... there's no DTPS for existing Ideal World then? It's just that you mentioned all the services associated with Hochanda and only one with IW.

Thanks for the info though, particularly the D3&4 mux part.
Ideal Word was also listed but I forgot to post it here - sorry.
Old 06-04-2022, 17:58   #352
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ideal Word was also listed but I forgot to post it here - sorry.
No worries, easy done. I've never liked the layout of the OFCOM website, particularly the License related stuff.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:51   #353
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Looking at the OFCOM license changes tweeted by @UKDTT this morning it looks like That's TV is either launching a new Music service, or is rebranding its nationally available channel again. That's TV Gold license removed and That's TV UK and That's TV Music added.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 12-04-2022 at 13:02.
Old 12-04-2022, 16:45   #354
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

With only three UK Wide slot free and COM7 set to close.

Media Boy UK Views:

Do anyone else think it time for +1 channels to close on Freeview to make room for more channels to launch? (UK Wide only)

1) ITV +1/STV +1 & UTV +1
2) Channel 4+1
3) Channel 5 +1
4) ITV2 +1
5) ITV3 +1
6) ITV4 +1
7) ITVBe +1
8) Quest +1
9) E4 +1
10) Film4 +1
11) Dave ja vu
12) Drama +1
13) Yesterday +1
14) GREAT! movies +1
15) Blaze +1
Old 12-04-2022, 16:49   #355
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 22:48   #356
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Time for the +1 channels to close . . . YES

More channels to launch . . NO.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 00:56   #357
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Talk TV is set to appear on Channel 237 from Tomorrow (April 13th).

That's Music is set to appear on Channel 92 from Tomorrow (April 13th).

https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1513921964116783104
Old 13-04-2022, 09:34   #358
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
With only three UK Wide slot free and COM7 set to close.

Media Boy UK Views:

Do anyone else think it time for +1 channels to close on Freeview to make room for more channels to launch? (UK Wide only)

1) ITV +1/STV +1 & UTV +1
2) Channel 4+1
3) Channel 5 +1
4) ITV2 +1
5) ITV3 +1
6) ITV4 +1
7) ITVBe +1
8) Quest +1
9) E4 +1
10) Film4 +1
11) Dave ja vu
12) Drama +1
13) Yesterday +1
14) GREAT! movies +1
15) Blaze +1
6,7,13 & 15 wouldn't even make any usable space, they are placeholders.

And the broadcasters are businesses, they've paid for the space, it's up to them to decide how to utilise it.
Old 13-04-2022, 17:04   #359
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Talk TV is set to appear on Channel 237 from Tomorrow (April 13th).

That's Music is set to appear on Channel 92 from Tomorrow (April 13th).

https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1513921964116783104
That's Music has launch on COM7.

That's Music and Together TV is using RT HD slot.

@ukdtt is reporting that That's Music is only Broadcasting until June 1st.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of April 13th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:

FreeSports
Quest Red+1
Now 80s
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Together TV

HD:

Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

Plus Brandstv is set to launch on soon on Freeview.

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
TalkTV will launch on COM4 using 5Select old slot
NOW 80s may move to COM6
Forces TV may move to COM4
FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
Together TV may move to COM5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview:

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

What’s changing on April 25th:

New Channel Launches
Channel Name - Channel Number

TalkTV - Ch 237

All information is right as of April 13th.
Old 14-04-2022, 16:44   #360
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

More changes coming to BBC Red Button Text:

Quote:
In September 2020 we first announced that a number of individual and English regional sport headlines sections are to be retired from the Red Button Text Service.

The current main sport headlines, national sport headlines (Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and football headlines will continue. All other sport headlines will be removed. We will also introduce a new England headlines section so you can stay updated on English sport news. These changes will take place over Spring 2022.

Real-time fixtures, results and tables data for Cricket, Football, F1, Golf, Horse Racing, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Tennis will continue and are not affected.

More sport headlines can be found on the BBC Sport website and the BBC Sport mobile app.
Information found on BBC RB Text page 9990.