Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 15-08-2013, 21:26   #181
arthur davis

Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

I do get the jobs done in a good 9 time out of ten, if I'm on my first job at 7.30 am then yeah I can do its, I didn't say the full job in 40 min, you see what I do why it's light and we got time say I finish at 5pm and I've got my job for torr, I would phone the first eu up, the night before, then what I would do is go and check my e side for all the jobs, so I know what ones have got to be sorted. You got half a chance if you do it's that way, I think it's must be the areas after all, I got a job today no matter what I didn't nothing work only to find its router some where else. The e side guys in east London are very quick, I say. Yeah the areas are the common problems, as I found out. So my post for the 40 min mark is a bit of cause where I check the day before. What get on my tits is that we moan over things that are over the top. I love the job I think Jamie is a great guy got me right upto to speed in areas I didn't know nothing about. So that I'm thankful for. M j quinns all the way me thinks. And every jobs is great work. I replaces all wired. So really all my point was its a good job but its not for you if your scard of heights. That its
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2013, 22:51   #182
mjquinnemployee
Inactive

mjquinnemployee is an unknown quantity at this point

BEWARE MJ QUINN! I only post this message as a warning to all who want to apply to this company. They will tell you that you will make 600-1000 pounds a week. You will most likely not. What I can guarantee you will pay out is:

15-20 pounds for every tire with a nail/screw. You WILL pay for this.
Diesel. at least 80-100 pounds a week so subtract that from your wages.
Taxes of course.
Van insurance, if you have any problems such as an accident, dent, scratch, your deductible will be at least 500-1000 pounds.
You will be expected to be on site at 0800 no matter how far it is from your home, and work until the job is done no matter if that is 1600 or 2000. I was told yesterday that we are not allowed to send jobs back if it is too late and we are to work until the job is finished. This is true.
Training costs with the new improved contract is 130 pounds per day, which
you will be required to pay back if you do not work at least 6 months after training. 130X13=£1690.
Dont forget about fines from auditors who will inspect your work and
decide if it passes inspection. They will take this right out of your paycheck.
10 point defect will cost you £100.

IN MY OPINION AS AN EMPLOYEE DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am being very conservative in my opinion, but please heed my advice.
I do not want anybody to experience the headache I have had to endure.
This is not a good company to work for in my opinion.
I dont care what they are offering you. It will not be worth it in the end.
I can guarantee that.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

If anybody would like to say otherwise please add your input. You cannot polish a turd I don't care what kind of crap you are selling.
mjquinnemployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 13:14   #183
gazaboy!!!
Inactive

gazaboy!!! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am thinking of joining MJ Quinn (Yorkshire area). What are they like to work for? Do you get a van, fuel card and tools provided? and like Openreach engineers do you get the BT infinity package free? what other benefits are there to working for them? Thanks
gazaboy!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 14:06   #184
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazaboy!!! View Post
Hi I am thinking of joining MJ Quinn (Yorkshire area). What are they like to work for? Do you get a van, fuel card and tools provided? and like Openreach engineers do you get the BT infinity package free? what other benefits are there to working for them? Thanks
Read the thread. It doesn't appear you get anything you are looking for.

I could of course be wrong.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 18:45   #185
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

yep gotta meet this guy too.
ive heard of a few 'engineers'on quinns that are knocking out 6-8 complete jobs every day but they are looked after by senior 'managers' in head office and only work in areas where theres flats and new housing developments, if they get cancellations they are topped up with more work while the rest of us end up with **** all. plus most of them work away from home so dont care how many hours a day they work. they like you Arthur are carving up the job as quinns managers seem to think you can do 8 jobs a day safely and within openreachs quality rules.. you cannot do a quality full install in 40minutes whilst adhering to all the safety rules , parking restrictions ( in my area you will be lucky if your van is 100 yards away from the premises) etc.you definitely sound like a quinns manager and more than likely from the mersey area.
the rest of us are struggling with either lack of support from quinns and openreach, jobs not appointed correctly by cp's, lack of fluid work, customers who dont know what day of the week it is, etc etc etc etc.
like rapicom i have over 20 years BT experience and i can only conclude it because i know how to do the job properly that i cant / wont slash my way through 8-10. jobs thats if i was priveliged enough to get given that amount.
quinns engineers that say they do the same amount of comps every day are full of it, same as on BT , every day/job is different and al the time we are treated like production line workers things can only get worse.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_Dancer View Post
This is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard! You must either work for Quinns or that joke of a training company based in a freezing cow shed in the middle of nowhere, somewhere outside of Coventry?
Take it from me and I'm EX-BT with over 12 year experience as lines man! If you have no experience doing this job then you will be buddying another guy for over a month while not getting paid a penny and it will be costing hundreds pounds in fuel. Also the person you follow will not have time to show you what to do and hold your hand while he struggles to make a living. I've had ppl with no experience buddying up with me and you don't have the time to show them the ropes.
The agencies tell you it's only from the pole to the house but this is a lie because it's everything and more. Fault finding, swapping out pairs, pair proved to the DP but the customer is over a mile from the DP, Unable to get pair to DP but BT want you to do the fit for £10 and that could take 2 hours or more, 1 Openreach coach for 40 engineers, jobs disappear off your tab before you complete the job, 1 platform to cover whole area etc etc.
just joined this forum and this stevetoon sounds like aquinns manager thru and thru or he is letting the job go to his head as you will not see every scenario in the very short time hes been on and back when i started on Bt in the 1980's he would have been brought down to earth very quickly by his senior colleagues as he sounds like a bit of a know it all.
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 19:09   #186
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazaboy!!! View Post
Why would you get BT Infinity free if you don't work for BT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insulatorpotty View Post
yep gotta meet this guy too.
ive heard of a few 'engineers'on quinns that are knocking out 6-8 complete jobs every day but they are looked after by senior 'managers' in head office and only work in areas where theres flats and new housing developments, if they get cancellations they are topped up with more work while the rest of us end up with **** all. plus most of them work away from home so dont care how many hours a day they work. they like you Arthur are carving up the job as quinns managers seem to think you can do 8 jobs a day safely and within openreachs quality rules.. you cannot do a quality full install in 40minutes whilst adhering to all the safety rules , parking restrictions ( in my area you will be lucky if your van is 100 yards away from the premises) etc.you definitely sound like a quinns manager and more than likely from the mersey area.
the rest of us are struggling with either lack of support from quinns and openreach, jobs not appointed correctly by cp's, lack of fluid work, customers who dont know what day of the week it is, etc etc etc etc.
like rapicom i have over 20 years BT experience and i can only conclude it because i know how to do the job properly that i cant / wont slash my way through 8-10. jobs thats if i was priveliged enough to get given that amount.
quinns engineers that say they do the same amount of comps every day are full of it, same as on BT , every day/job is different and al the time we are treated like production line workers things can only get worse.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

just joined this forum and this stevetoon sounds like aquinns manager thru and thru or he is letting the job go to his head as you will not see every scenario in the very short time hes been on and back when i started on Bt in the 1980's he would have been brought down to earth very quickly by his senior colleagues as he sounds like a bit of a know it all.
Why did you leave BT?
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 16:47   #187
HJK
Inactive

HJK is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody have any knowledge what the contract/conditions of employment are with Capital Outsourcing Group?
HJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 16:27   #188
Marzy
Inactive

Marzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Just joined and find it very intresting reading about MJ Quinns. As an ex contractor for them i must agree with mjquinnemployee. I left in the new year as they are not what they say they are (unless things have changed).
I could go on and on about how bad it was, just glad i got out when i did. Along with the 30+ engineers who were jacking on a weekly basis.
Marzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:06   #189
insulatorpotty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJK View Post
Does anybody have any knowledge what the contract/conditions of employment are with Capital Outsourcing Group?
arnt they just another quinns agency in disguise ??.
quinns are having to use different agencies/ names as they are running out of people to employ. i have heard they are now shipping over engineers from portugal to work in london as the turnover of staff there is so high as they are basing there rates of pay on the cost of living in the north, not the south. .

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
Why would you get BT Infinity free if you don't work for BT?

Why did you leave BT?
i left because it was being run by a load of spiv pikeys and i was made a good offer. . unfortunatley through a turn of fate i am now working for another load of pikeys, quimms.
Old 04-10-2013, 19:55   #190
parkzy
Inactive

parkzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not being funny guys iv just joined the site. But i have worked for quinns for the past year and still do. I have read a lot of bitching about fines and jobs not being there traveling ect. I think it a really good company to work for apart from the first month or two when your geting used to things i have never taken home under £600 and have earnt £1000 a week. so what if you have to travel its a job at the end of the day suck it up and get on with it. The moneys there if your prepared to work for it. and once you get good at it you can do 8-10 jobs a day. And to a good standard. you damage your van you pay for it would it be any diffrent with your car???? if your looking to join and are lucky enough to get picked go for it guys i think its easy money. if anyone needs some real answers on working for quinns message me. and ignore half the bollocks people are shouting about on here. Ranting over!!!
parkzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 22:39   #191
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

are Quinns setting on in the Notts area ?
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32   #192
Rapicom65
Inactive

Rapicom65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzy View Post
I am not being funny guys iv just joined the site. But i have worked for quinns for the past year and still do. I have read a lot of bitching about fines and jobs not being there traveling ect. I think it a really good company to work for apart from the first month or two when your geting used to things i have never taken home under £600 and have earnt £1000 a week. so what if you have to travel its a job at the end of the day suck it up and get on with it. The moneys there if your prepared to work for it. and once you get good at it you can do 8-10 jobs a day. And to a good standard. you damage your van you pay for it would it be any diffrent with your car???? if your looking to join and are lucky enough to get picked go for it guys i think its easy money. if anyone needs some real answers on working for quinns message me. and ignore half the bollocks people are shouting about on here. Ranting over!!!
I have been working for the company myself for about 4 months now. As an ex BT engineer doing the job was no problem but it took a couple of weeks to get use to the MJ Quinn system.. There is plenty of work if you want it with the potential to earn good money but you have to be willing to work for it..
Rapicom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 18:08   #193
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have the email or contact number for Quinns ?

Ive just left working for Fushitsu on the Virgin contract
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31   #194
empire52
Inactive

empire52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Warning to anyone considering working as a frames guy for quinns DONT!!!! The company is s**t 50 hour week take home pay £320 do the maths its minimum wage. I also average 200 miles a day and spend at least £100 a week on fuel £90 per day is a joke. Plus watch it when you return your vehicle the horror stories are true. All irrelevant now as I jacked it in this week
empire52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 22:24   #195
insulatorpotty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzy View Post
another senior quinns manager or are you related to someone in the office. ??.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire52 View Post
Warning to anyone considering working as a frames guy for quinns DONT!!!! The company is s**t 50 hour week take home pay £320 do the maths its minimum wage. I also average 200 miles a day and spend at least £100 a week on fuel £90 per day is a joke. Plus watch it when you return your vehicle the horror stories are true. All irrelevant now as I jacked it in this week
good on you mate, the pay for frames guys on quinns is rubbish for what is expected. i know guys who worked from 8 til 8 for £90 and still got a bollocking because they had not done all their work.