Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 19-07-2013, 09:13   #166
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to get into Openreach as they seem to be contracting out even more now. Depends how much patience you have!
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2013, 20:01   #167
anoop johal
Inactive

anoop johal is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know the code for the transit van?
anoop johal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 20:35   #168
sean1594
Inactive

sean1594 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Same question ...
I have been offered a training course by kelly's and MJ Quinn for next week and am really undecided on which company to go for.

I have 13 years experience with BT as a linesman, so I know the ropes, but have been out of the loop for 7years or so.

I have been unemployed for 3 months so after reading all the bad comments I really have no choice but to give them a try... but the question is which one!!

Any comments appreciated.

Sean
sean1594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 21:29   #169
Ukjay
Inactive

Ukjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1594 View Post
Hi,

Same question ...
I have been offered a training course by kelly's and MJ Quinn for next week and am really undecided on which company to go for.

I have 13 years experience with BT as a linesman, so I know the ropes, but have been out of the loop for 7years or so.

I have been unemployed for 3 months so after reading all the bad comments I really have no choice but to give them a try... but the question is which one!!

Any comments appreciated.

Sean
Hi Sean
Both Kely and Quinn are quite similar ( not good companys to work for) but apparently Kelly is worst than Quinns. I currently work for Quinns and I shared I few things in previous comments on this thread. If you go for Copper Provision the rates are:
Zone 1 0-6 miles £28.50
Zone 2 6-40 miles £30 .75
Zone 3 40-60 miles £33.75
Zone 4 over 60 miles £42.25
You have to pay your own fuel, for me it is zone 2 everyday and I do between 400 to 500 miles a week, £100 average on fuel expenses. Most of the weeks I complete 20 jobs zone 2. Since february only twice I completed 25 a week.
Kelly pays £25.00 per job but you have fuel card.
Whatever they say to you that you can complete over 25 etc... Thats ********! Dont believe on that, they probably have guys that make it but they are company's favourits.
Have a look at my other comments about Npus etc...
Im not happy with them but at the end of the day it is better than nothing, so if you are unemployed better take it and see how it goes!
Hope that helps.
Ukjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 21:43   #170
sean1594
Inactive

Hi Ukjay,
I know the job I have been offered from Quinn is not copper provision, I am on Managed Install & BT Vision training so I believe it's just install so the line should be in situ.
Zones rates are lower 20-30.00

Kellys is The provision of the overhead line from the DP to the customers property – Involving Copper Installation, Connectivity, Line testing and Poling duties, so thats the 25.00 per job as you said with fuel card.

Sean
Old 31-07-2013, 21:57   #171
Ukjay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1594 View Post
Hi Ukjay,
I know the job I have been offered from Quinn is not copper provision, I am on Managed Install & BT Vision training so I believe it's just install so the line should be in situ.
Zones rates are lower 20-30.00

Kellys is The provision of the overhead line from the DP to the customers property – Involving Copper Installation, Connectivity, Line testing and Poling duties, so thats the 25.00 per job as you said with fuel card.

Sean
Hi
I heard that they pay £22.50 on managed install, not sure if it id true or not.
Take care
Old 31-07-2013, 22:09   #172
anoop johal
Inactive

Yes that tru. They pay more depending on how far u travel. Iv seen good things so far. U can earn a lot of money on M I
recomend it to anyone. Iv only been here a couple of weeks but did work for Map group/ virgin media. Which was a joke! Ur always getting screwed over. But not at Quinns.
Old 31-07-2013, 22:11   #173
sean1594
Inactive

Anoop Johal .... Do you work for quinns on Managed install?

I have been offered a course next week though not sure whether to go for it or kelly's.

Cheers

Sean
Old 01-08-2013, 14:02   #174
anoop johal
Inactive

Managed installs I went to MJ Quinns for the training course iv heard Kelly's ain't too good
Old 07-08-2013, 02:36   #175
arthur davis

Right guys its simple its as easy as you make it's if you got a fear of height , go home your no good it's just 6 step up the pole two wire a butt phone, and tdr meter and your 9083 metre it's dead simple it's half hour work, 28 quid I can do a full job in 40 min, m j quinine got there own e side guys, if your e side dead just phone roting up asked for spares, 9 time out of 10 get your phone ring the number guess what, your number at the top, it's really not that hard, at all or you can get a stop line at the top just press 8 on the butt phone. It's people who don't want to work, why do you want the guys to run around when you not carried out simple steps, it's so easy it's unreal. If you can't climb your wasting your time. Simple as that. It's easy to do 8 a day if you don't **** about saying oh the pole can be climb, if its in date jump up there, after a couple of times your be like wtf.
Follow the step let the rest come to you. It's dead simple. Look at its this way, you **** around, the help not going to be there, Bt knows when your talking crap. They got there own systems. M j quints all the way. Good team good people. Hard work = pound notes. Just man up and climb the rest will come. Remember 2 wires back to a pop. Not rocket sciences ...... Rant over best wishes

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

The funny thing it's make me laugh I've been doing this least then 2 months, it's crazy at times we know, but come on its really not that hard, I always say its best to learn, above a shop it's the same dp at the one at the top master that in a couple of goes, you be fine, fear of height, go rock climbing indoor, you get better each day, life not easy but hard work sure does paid off,, learn to used the 9083 meter and your be fine, but if you can't be asked to take on board what being said ... No one going to care, so boom, I'm no ass licker I like money it's a good earner, tip for new guys buy FB keys, lots of time waste without them, it's dead simple, the tools are there just listen, and jobs are not more then 10 miles apart.
Dead simple, so just man up....... Go out there earn the dish take the wife on holiday buy a new car, let me say this CASH. Just be safe and enjoy its. It's a good life.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00   #176
Ukjay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur davis View Post
Right guys its simple its as easy as you make it's if you got a fear of height , go home your no good it's just 6 step up the pole two wire a butt phone, and tdr meter and your 9083 metre it's dead simple it's half hour work, 28 quid I can do a full job in 40 min, m j quinine got there own e side guys, if your e side dead just phone roting up asked for spares, 9 time out of 10 get your phone ring the number guess what, your number at the top, it's really not that hard, at all or you can get a stop line at the top just press 8 on the butt phone. It's people who don't want to work, why do you want the guys to run around when you not carried out simple steps, it's so easy it's unreal. If you can't climb your wasting your time. Simple as that. It's easy to do 8 a day if you don't **** about saying oh the pole can be climb, if its in date jump up there, after a couple of times your be like wtf.
Follow the step let the rest come to you. It's dead simple. Look at its this way, you **** around, the help not going to be there, Bt knows when your talking crap. They got there own systems. M j quints all the way. Good team good people. Hard work = pound notes. Just man up and climb the rest will come. Remember 2 wires back to a pop. Not rocket sciences ...... Rant over best wishes

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

The funny thing it's make me laugh I've been doing this least then 2 months, it's crazy at times we know, but come on its really not that hard, I always say its best to learn, above a shop it's the same dp at the one at the top master that in a couple of goes, you be fine, fear of height, go rock climbing indoor, you get better each day, life not easy but hard work sure does paid off,, learn to used the 9083 meter and your be fine, but if you can't be asked to take on board what being said ... No one going to care, so boom, I'm no ass licker I like money it's a good earner, tip for new guys buy FB keys, lots of time waste without them, it's dead simple, the tools are there just listen, and jobs are not more then 10 miles apart.
Dead simple, so just man up....... Go out there earn the dish take the wife on holiday buy a new car, let me say this CASH. Just be safe and enjoy its. It's a good life.
Hi Arthur
Do you work for Quinns? If you do please let me know what patch you on, cause it looks like it is a heavens patch!! 90% of the time dial tone at DP?
8jobs a day?
Man you are talking just like the Quinns managers, all that you wrote aint true and if you work in the field you know that.
The job is dead easy but the thread is all about Mjquinn as a company not about the job itself. Do you agree with npu's? Looks like you never one for someone that does 8jobs a day. I can do 8 jobs a day provide they All in situ and I dont need hoist, Eside support etc... What you saying is just out of reality.

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukjay View Post
Hi Arthur
Do you work for Quinns? If you do please let me know what patch you on, cause it looks like it is a heavens patch!! 90% of the time dial tone at DP?
8jobs a day?
Man you are talking just like the Quinns managers, all that you wrote aint true and if you work in the field you know that.
The job is dead easy but the thread is all about Mjquinn as a company not about the job itself. Do you agree with npu's? Looks like you never one for someone that does 8jobs a day. I can do 8 jobs a day provide they All in situ and I dont need hoist, Eside support etc... What you saying is just out of reality.
Forgot to add, so you can do a full job in 40min? New dropwire from the pole to customer with dial tone in it, your Line tested ok? Full job in 40min Lol, you are so funny!
Old 07-08-2013, 21:43   #177
anoop johal
Inactive

We don't go up poles. We just connect E and D to D slam and, go to house change phone socket set up modem and router to pc or laptop and away u go. Yes 40 minutes. The buddy I was with did 9 jobs in 8 hours. That's what's up.
Old 12-08-2013, 21:14   #178
arthur davis

I'm on the east London patch yeah full job the biggest problem people have its used the 9083 meter, touch the screw with the with the x100 loop on, I'm alway on my first job at 7.30 am !!! when its a npu !!! Get a spare from the routing, phone hub say e 265 example asked the tone down the line, bang you now prove your new e side , it's now become a com, there no need for a npu, fit does not need to be done if there going to a problem with its, simple step make life easy, do you know how not to get batt or earth contract, that what the meter for, I've got nothing bad to say about m j quinns, lol 9 job on the Mi lol I do them in 3 hours lol I've got pal earn 2000 grand a week on that doing 15 20 a day. Hoist, what do you need that for, if its not broke at the pole open the pit, do its from there, and if you do the push thought on the pair you was giver, the dial tone should be there, I alway on my first job at 7.30work from pcp to dp, just phone routing asked for d side that are going to the dp. Chance are there is one just used the tdr on the d side. Going back push thought, phone the number your hear a cracking noise, bob your uncle, you must be very slow. What does its take to run a drop wire, 10 min, at the most. Always when you get your job the day before, phone them up the day before. So they know your going to be banging on the door at 8am get there for 7.30 if the e side ok if not, by 8 am you know what the problem is and boom you should have your job 1 first job done by 8.30am. By the way everyone that covers London is a ex Bt engineer. It's call working hard. Why not test the line at the pcp with a socket on the end of its. Simple step allow you to have no problem with anything it's how you follow them. It's like if I've got a problem with my e side it's bang over to the e side, you asked him to test the line his side. That way there is no problem. I just don't mess around mate. Ive got 8 step I follow them and have no problems. Easy life rant over and did work for Kelly's for 6 months ****ing that a joke of a company. Poor in every way. Training ****, I couldn't do 3 a day with them, I wish I was a manager I would sack half of the guy that talk ****.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Yeah 40 min, I don't know how slow you are but come on its 2 wire a bit of cable to the wall away you go.
Old 12-08-2013, 21:56   #179
Ukjay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur davis View Post
I'm on the east London patch yeah full job the biggest problem people have its used the 9083 meter, touch the screw with the with the x100 loop on, I'm alway on my first job at 7.30 am !!! when its a npu !!! Get a spare from the routing, phone hub say e 265 example asked the tone down the line, bang you now prove your new e side , it's now become a com, there no need for a npu, fit does not need to be done if there going to a problem with its, simple step make life easy, do you know how not to get batt or earth contract, that what the meter for, I've got nothing bad to say about m j quinns, lol 9 job on the Mi lol I do them in 3 hours lol I've got pal earn 2000 grand a week on that doing 15 20 a day. Hoist, what do you need that for, if its not broke at the pole open the pit, do its from there, and if you do the push thought on the pair you was giver, the dial tone should be there, I alway on my first job at 7.30work from pcp to dp, just phone routing asked for d side that are going to the dp. Chance are there is one just used the tdr on the d side. Going back push thought, phone the number your hear a cracking noise, bob your uncle, you must be very slow. What does its take to run a drop wire, 10 min, at the most. Always when you get your job the day before, phone them up the day before. So they know your going to be banging on the door at 8am get there for 7.30 if the e side ok if not, by 8 am you know what the problem is and boom you should have your job 1 first job done by 8.30am. By the way everyone that covers London is a ex Bt engineer. It's call working hard. Why not test the line at the pcp with a socket on the end of its. Simple step allow you to have no problem with anything it's how you follow them. It's like if I've got a problem with my e side it's bang over to the e side, you asked him to test the line his side. That way there is no problem. I just don't mess around mate. Ive got 8 step I follow them and have no problems. Easy life rant over and did work for Kelly's for 6 months ****ing that a joke of a company. Poor in every way. Training ****, I couldn't do 3 a day with them, I wish I was a manager I would sack half of the guy that talk ****.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Yeah 40 min, I don't know how slow you are but come on its 2 wire a bit of cable to the wall away you go.
I tell you what, I know how to do the job and know how to use all the tools etc... I can also phone the routing as well as the Bt hub. When I mentioned hoist I realy meant to say the line is disconnected on the D Pole.
There is no person on earth that can do a full lead in from the pole, jumper in pcp plus end user fitting in 40min!!!! You are out of your mind or you must be superman!!!When you have a Npu you are still required to the the fitting at EU. East London can be a bit easier as there maybe always will be someone on the exchange!
Im also talking about Copper provision not MI.
Old 14-08-2013, 20:42   #180
Rapicom65
Inactive

Rapicom65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Arthur Davis - I spent 20 years at BT, 12 as a engineer and 8 as a planner. I read your post and found it hard to believe that any engineer - no matter how how experienced or good he is can run a dropwire from the NTE to the pole (to the required standard), then prove E & D sides in 40 mins, you must be doing a botch job mate..

I work out of Thames Side but have been working in East London this week. As an ex BT engineer I am fully equipped to do the job, I do on average 6 jobs a day and like to think that I am good at the job..

We must catch up one day - I want to see where i m going wrong...
Rapicom65 is offline   Reply With Quote