Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Council Tax - How much was your % increase?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Council Tax - How much was your % increase?

Old 24-03-2023, 19:45   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Council Tax - How much was your % increase?

4.9% to £2,507 quite a lot given that I don't use any services other street maintenance and furniture !
Old 24-03-2023, 20:02   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Wow!

In Leeds, Band C is £1,740.78.
Cheapest in the country I think and it's Labour-run Wandsworth. (Was Conservative for a long time.)

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
4.9% to £2,507 quite a lot given that I don't use any services other street maintenance and furniture !
Half the current rate of inflation so an effective cut.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 21:19   #18
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Who empties your bins, checks the cleanliness behind the scenes of the local supermarket or takeaway, looks in to what's happening to that withdrawn looking child down the road who's parents are always shouting at them, makes sure the petrol station is actually pumping the amount of fuel you're paying for etc. I could go on but if the council stopped the services you don't realise you pay for you'd probably one of the first to complain.

I remember many years ago when I worked for a different local authority, a chap complained regularly about the road gully not being cleaned often enough. The lady who managed street cleansing arranged for the gully to be swept and the drain cleaned monthly at the start of the shift at 7am. He then complained that he was being woken, but he never complained about the service (or lack of) after that.

Anyway, to sum up you may think it's a waste of money but you'd miss the functions you take for granted if they suddenly weren't there.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 00:25   #19
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Now the new Council Tax bills are dropping I was wondering what % your bills have gone up by?

For SCDC mines gone up by 5.83% for 2023.
Mine hasn't dropped at all, it's gone up
Old 25-03-2023, 00:37   #20
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Mine hasn't dropped at all, it's gone up
He means dropping as in letters on the mat
Old 26-03-2023, 15:07   #21
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Who empties your bins, checks the cleanliness behind the scenes of the local supermarket or takeaway, looks in to what's happening to that withdrawn looking child down the road who's parents are always shouting at them, makes sure the petrol station is actually pumping the amount of fuel you're paying for etc. I could go on but if the council stopped the services you don't realise you pay for you'd probably one of the first to complain.

I remember many years ago when I worked for a different local authority, a chap complained regularly about the road gully not being cleaned often enough. The lady who managed street cleansing arranged for the gully to be swept and the drain cleaned monthly at the start of the shift at 7am. He then complained that he was being woken, but he never complained about the service (or lack of) after that.

Anyway, to sum up you may think it's a waste of money but you'd miss the functions you take for granted if they suddenly weren't there.
1) I pay for biffa to do that. 2) don't use takeaways so really don't care. 3) I doubt that Tesco fiddles the pump (or is a rubbish dump. the one I use you can clearly see all around ) and I have a good idea how much fuel I need . Add to that I don't use school, library , leisure centre . So generously I pay for other people's services
Old 26-03-2023, 15:27   #22
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Mine has increased by 4.95%
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2023, 15:51   #23
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Looks like I'm losing so far my rate is actually 5.6%.
Old 26-03-2023, 16:32   #24
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

4.75% for me.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote