Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 31-01-2023, 23:17   #46
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Price rises this year.

Just gone through the emails and found that our £97.75 package is going up by £15 in april

That means that this is around an increase of 15.5%, We've been out of contract for around 4 years We are still on the full house bundle with 350mb BB. contract was out in 2019.

Not sure how they justify a £15 increase

I guess I'm best waiting increase or before? giving them a call see what deals we can get?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2023, 09:26   #47
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Definitely call them. You’ll end up getting more than you’re paying out of contract. The only down side is you’ll be committing to 18 months with an RPI plus 3.9% after 12

Last edited by nialli; 01-02-2023 at 09:35.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:31   #48
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Definitely call them. You’ll end up getting more than you’re paying out of contract. The only down side is you’ll be committing to 18 months with an RPI plus 3.9% after 12
Hopefully inflation will be less next year, so not quite as painful. Ofcom really does need to act on in-contract price rises. Its unreasonable on customers to be effectively signing blank cheques and have no idea how much they will be paying for their services in 12 months' time. If companies like Virgin Media are unable to accurately forecast the cost of providing a customer with a service for 18 months, they should not be offering 18 month minimum terms.

Has anyone manged to negotiate a 12 month contract when contacting retentions?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:38   #49
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

The only way to get the best price is to put your 30 days notice in. Proper retentions will most likely call within days and give the best price. I find myself having to repeat this so often but it really is the only way. Also when you negotiate ensure it is clear there will be no price rises during the deal then in 18 months do it again
Old 01-02-2023, 13:41   #50
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
How do you know, they notified you already?
Yes, A friend of mine was also notified of the same increase of £7 (same package and price as me), he phoned them and managed to bag a discount to 37.49 for 18 months and somehow, no new contract.

In any case he's hoping a local fibre company will be installing in his street soon and he will be off, he was adamant with VM that he wanted no new contract. I didn't think it was possible to get a discount and no contract renewal.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 16:21   #51
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I am guessing that I have no email I am not getting an increase?

I getting usual marketing emails etc. just no price increase.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 16:58   #52
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I am guessing that I have no email I am not getting an increase?

I getting usual marketing emails etc. just no price increase.

I haven't yet had my email about any price increase just waiting for it to arrive then haggle
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 16:59   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l have not had any email yet but they might get sent out over a period of a few weeks so l might still get one.
Old 01-02-2023, 17:29   #54
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have not had any email yet but they might get sent out over a period of a few weeks so l might still get one.
I usually get a letter, weeks later than anyone else for some reason. My son got an email a few days ago.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 17:29   #55
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Spoke too soon 15 quid upping bill to 97 when new customer's get same for 79 getting no where with retention firing 360 at me at 30 quid charge
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 17:36   #56
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Mmmm, no one getting less than the 'average' in VMs press release.....
Yes I know they'll have fiddled it to base it on the tariff before discounts, but its still misleading to say the least. They hope no one can work out percentages these days....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 17:52   #57
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just got the email mine goes up £15 a month so I'll be paying £110.75 a month for Full House TV, Talk any time Phone and M250 Broadband!!!

I don't like phoning up so I won't be able to put my notice in to cancel as just don't talk on the phone or am in a position to answer a phone call.

What steps are required to chat to them on WhatsApp to negotiate a price reduction, what exactly do I need to do to message them on WhatsApp as I know I'm paying far too much for my services and don't even use the TV or phone so I want to either dump the TV or drop it to the minimum, keep basic phone(whatever that is) and keep Broadband without reducing the speed?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 01-02-2023 at 18:18.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 18:27   #58
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Mmmm, no one getting less than the 'average' in VMs press release.....
Yes I know they'll have fiddled it to base it on the tariff before discounts, but its still misleading to say the least. They hope no one can work out percentages these days....
It’s like the old question “what’s the average number of legs per person in the UK” there are no people with 3 legs but there are some unfortunate people with one or none at all.

So the answer to “what is the average number of legs per person in the UK” has to come out at less than 2.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 21:26   #59
richard-john56
cf.addict

Services: 1 gig broadband
richard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about them

The prices go up but when the times get good again will they come back down to attract new customers and keep the old ones.

Time to move on for me I think.
richard-john56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 11:30   #60
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just got the email mine goes up £15 a month so I'll be paying £110.75 a month for Full House TV, Talk any time Phone and M250 Broadband!!!

I don't like phoning up so I won't be able to put my notice in to cancel as just don't talk on the phone or am in a position to answer a phone call.

What steps are required to chat to them on WhatsApp to negotiate a price reduction, what exactly do I need to do to message them on WhatsApp as I know I'm paying far too much for my services and don't even use the TV or phone so I want to either dump the TV or drop it to the minimum, keep basic phone(whatever that is) and keep Broadband without reducing the speed?
Dont know answer to your question but I can tell you when I contacted them on whatsapp it wasnt a live discussion, it was a multiple hour wait, which obviously meant I wasnt sitting watching when they replied and I got a response to the question I asked. So its more akin to sending an email query vs a live chat. (faster response than email though)
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote