Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 11-03-2023, 20:35   #436
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
VM pricing is a joke, I'm paying £35/month for just 250 Broadband.

It is ridiculous. It is like some in some countries you go the Bazaar and they tell you a carpet costs £2000, and you leave the shop paying just 10 quid for the carpet... I do not want to do that with broadband, gas and electricity etc.

I pay 6p per unit for gas and the rest of the country (with government support) 10p. Why?
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2023, 22:54   #437
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
I pay 6p per unit for gas and the rest of the country (with government support) 10p. Why?
Either you are on a fixed rate at the moment or your gas is supplied by a company other the Northern/Southern gas which may be charged at a different price.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 10:25   #438
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Either you are on a fixed rate at the moment or your gas is supplied by a company other the Northern/Southern gas which may be charged at a different price.
No, I am on an Octopus tracker. The price fluctuates between 5.6p-6.6p. My question was rhetoric: there should be one price.

I am also on Agile Octopus lecky: at 10pm tonite the price will be 8p per unit, washing machine, dishwasher dryer etc will all go on at 10pm. Compare this with 34p at 4-7pm.

Last edited by Ms NTL; 12-03-2023 at 10:30.
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 13:15   #439
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
No, I am on an Octopus tracker. The price fluctuates between 5.6p-6.6p. My question was rhetoric: there should be one price.

I am also on Agile Octopus lecky: at 10pm tonite the price will be 8p per unit, washing machine, dishwasher dryer etc will all go on at 10pm. Compare this with 34p at 4-7pm.
Tracker tariffs buy on the daily markets, the normal SVR I think is purchased on year ahead prices so different costs.

Also ofgem cap is time lagged and has stuff built in to allow recoveries of previous losses which bumps up the SVR further.

I am also on gas tracker and its amazing as you said. I think back in November was down to 3p unit with SVR at 10p unit.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 14:23   #440
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the subject!

VM are still calling me, but I miss the calls. They must be desperate.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 17:45   #441
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...y%2Findex.html
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2023, 16:13   #442
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Government claiming inflation be 2.9% by end of year, not sure what planet they on honestly.
Old 15-03-2023, 17:33   #443
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Government claiming inflation be 2.9% by end of year, not sure what planet they on honestly.
From of all newspapers the Guardian.
Investment bank Citi said the CPI was likely to fall to 2.3% in November, below the Bank of England’s estimate of a 4% inflation rate the fourth quarter of the year. Fund manager Investec said it could slide to 1.6% by December.

Inflation has remained in double digits since last July – barring a brief drop to 9.9% in August – triggering a wave of pay demands to compensate workers for the loss of spending power.

Most of the increase was due to rising energy and food prices, which Citi’s chief UK economist, Benjamin Nabarro, said were now falling at a faster rate than had been expected at the beginning of the year.

Interest rate rises by the Bank of England are also expected to have a dampening effect on consumer spending, further reducing the pressure on prices.

A slide in inflation to 2% would allow the prime minister to more than fulfil his pledge to halve inflation by the end of the year and make it easier to resolve a wave of public sector strikes over pay.

“The faster reduction in inflation [this year] primarily reflects an easing in pricing pressures, particularly in energy,” Nabarro said, adding that inflation could be as low as 5% by July.

Philip Shaw, chief UK economist at Investec, has forecast a fall in inflation to 1.6% by the fourth quarter, driven by falling energy prices and a squeeze from higher lending rates for 1.5m households that must remortgage this year
Old 15-03-2023, 17:34   #444
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

So thats their basis, the problem is much of the inflation is on essential goods. Just cant see it unless they manipulate the inflation basket to achieve it.
Old 15-03-2023, 20:03   #445
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Earth ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2023, 20:32   #446
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Earth ?
But an alternative reality 😂
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2023, 21:02   #447
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Let’s not forget that the inflation has occurred. Low inflation in the future just means the prices stay at the same high level and don’t get higher. With energy prices set to go down, it’s not hard to see that inflation will easily go down to low levels.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2023, 21:12   #448
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Let’s not forget that the inflation has occurred. Low inflation in the future just means the prices stay at the same high level and don’t get higher. With energy prices set to go down, it’s not hard to see that inflation will easily go down to low levels.
Exactly. Isn't it also because the high price rises that have already taken place will start to work their way out of the figures too?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2023, 14:32   #449
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Well I could explain my rationale a bit more.

The £400 rebate is been removed. This is far more than the the drop expected in July.

Housing mortgage/rent costs as well as debt costs will continue to rise rapidly this year. (I think government doesnt recognise this though)

There is no signs of supermarket price increases slowing down.

A site some of you might find interesting is trueflation, its formula is devised to more realistic with daily expenses rather than the somewhat artificially tweaked CPI.

https://truflation.com/ (remember to select UK, it defaults to USA)

However the government may be accounting for its newly announced childcare costs subsidy in the budget which would impact inflation. That got announced after I made the previous post.
Old 18-03-2023, 08:35   #450
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Got my letter yesterday and I must be one of the May people as it stated that from May mine was going up by £7. I did ring them up and they`ve reduced my package price by £7 until the end of my contract, which is March 2024. So, no new contract and paying the same as I am now until next March.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote