Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 09:42   #241
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
This is the reason I'm not getting it offered for £4

"Yes, but with the bundle you have now is our old bundle in which Sky UHD was inclusive and the new Ultimate bundle does not have Sky cinema UHD included so it actually cost 6GBP extra and for Sky sports UHD and movies UHD it will cost you 10GBP so offered it for best price."

So their new Ultimate Bundle doesn't include stuff I already have I'm also not sure why that matters to me, I think Virgin need to look up the word Ultimate, The top package was supposed to be everything and you were a VIP and got the best price
Well just got this email
All I said after the above message was I don't see why the Ultimate top package doesn't include anything, They made me wait 20 mins on chat and then said to try contacting them again in 2 hours, which I didn't bother.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2023, 10:33   #242
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Can't see it being on VM at all now tbh with the HBO deal ending in 2025 and HBO don't want to renew it either as they want to bring MAX to the uk (MAX will be discovery+ and hbomax in one.) MAX is just the code they're using atm it isn't it's final name.
Discovery appear to have registered wbmax.com as web domain

https://domains.google.com/registrar...hTerm=wbmax%20

A 'Warner Pass' is launching on Amazon Prime in France as a temporary solution since they didn't against a new output deal is interesting.
Old 03-02-2023, 15:48   #243
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Discovery appear to have registered wbmax.com as web domain

https://domains.google.com/registrar...hTerm=wbmax%20

A 'Warner Pass' is launching on Amazon Prime in France as a temporary solution since they didn't against a new output deal is interesting.
If there is anything left of HBOMAX with all the cancellations they've done.
I get HBOMAX via a friend in the US in exchange they use my nowtv HBOMAX atm is pretty decent but with all the cancellations it'll eventually end up being full of reality tv junk.
Old 03-02-2023, 16:06   #244
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky Sports UHD 1 now has proper EPG details. There reall isn't anything scheduled for UHD2 - so that is techinally correct.
Old 03-02-2023, 16:13   #245
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Sky Sports UHD 1 now has proper EPG details. There reall isn't anything scheduled for UHD2 - so that is techinally correct.
But only showing broadcasts as being in HD, not UHD, for some reason.
Old 03-02-2023, 16:22   #246
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

On V6 I guess? 360 doesn't have the flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
Old 03-02-2023, 19:18   #247
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
I had a feeling that the Golf and Cricket was upscaled. The Forest match on Wednesday was great picture quality though.
Old 03-02-2023, 19:21   #248
ozsat
cf.mega poster

About 90% of the stuff on Sky Sports Main Event UHD is upscaled from HD - but Sky still flag it all as UHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I had a feeling that the Golf and Cricket was upscaled. The Forest match on Wednesday was great picture quality though.
Old 03-02-2023, 21:44   #249
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Football tonight looks excellent.
Old 03-02-2023, 23:04   #250
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
About 90% of the stuff on Sky Sports Main Event UHD is upscaled from HD - but Sky still flag it all as UHD.
i thought the nba looked upscaled, so Im guessing its even fake hdr?

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Football tonight looks excellent.
yeah that is good, probably worth the money alone if you into football and have a nice tv
Old 03-02-2023, 23:35   #251
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
After being left hanging on chat for more than 40 minutes I finally got through via the phone. It was sorted in less than 5 minutes and raised my sub by £7 per month. I had a quick look at the picture quality which is excellent.
It's jawdropping that Virgin feel it appropriate to treat customers queuing up with money in their hands like this.

Even if I were interested in this setvice I wouldn't put up with this sort of treatment.

I've all but got rid of this outfit for personal use and am rid of them completely for the other accounts that I control.
Old 03-02-2023, 23:38   #252
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

"all but got rid off"?

Is that like being "a little bit pregnant"?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-02-2023, 23:55   #253
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"all but got rid off"?

It means downgrading and paying them less money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hi Clemand welcome to the forum.

I think MrK and Taf have both given you a good insight into what has happened to themselves and people they know.

From talking to my friends and family over the years it seems that virtually every supplier causes problems so I'm afraid I can't help but I do think you need to consider how much you would have to pay for a similar service from another supplier.

The fact that we will all be seeing an increase in price in the new year, which gives us all a legitimate get out option, does give you a chance to look at other companies and use the next few weeks to make sure you feel less pressured whilst you decide what is the best courseof action for you with VM.

Just be aware that at some point every other supplier out there will also be putting up their prices, it happens every year unfortunately.

Hopefully other members will be around later and will be able to give you their take on what you could consider doing.
This is the last time that a price rise will be able to be used to get out of a contract.

From next year they will be introducing inflation busting price rises and people won't be able to dump them.

Forewarned is forearmed.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
This happened to me. I'm stunned to see how common it is
And me. As compensation, even though i've dropped down to the most basic TV offering, they've added on a number of pay channels for free until at least the end of the contract.

This, coupled with the fact that lots of HD channels have now been moved to lower packages after the switchoff of SD channels, means that I now have virtually everything that I had when I was paying for Full House.

I've lost BT Sport which I wasn't bothered about and their part time UHD channel is complete rubbish IMO.

I urge everyone not bothered about the above two channels to check out what they'd still get if they downgraded and cut costs. I'm now giving about £26 a month less to this unscrupulous company, which pleases me no end.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:16   #254
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

If Sky Sports UHD is upscaled, is it still 50fps?
Old 04-02-2023, 09:20   #255
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"all but got rid off"?

It means they have not got rid of yet as they still have a good deal.