Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 11:35   #196
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The current 'Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD' pick is £6 per month, so if they are adding an extra £4 to this for Sky Sports in UHD, making it £10 per month in total, that's actually pretty good value. I think the equivalent on Sky Q is £12 per month.
I understand the £6 Cinema & Entertainment UHD add on is still available too.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

Quote:
The current 'Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD' pick is £6 per month, so if they are adding an extra £4 to this for Sky Sports in UHD, making it £10 per month in total, that's actually pretty good value. I think the equivalent on Sky Q is £12 per month.
That will depend on your bundle. If you're not on Ultimate Volt that includes Sky Sports HD as standard (whether or not you also get Cinema and Entertainment UHD) then to get Sky Sports UHD, you currently need both Sky Sports HD at £7 and Sky Sports UHD either for £7 on it's own or as part of the £10 combined add on.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:44   #197
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

That will depend on your bundle. If you're not on Ultimate Volt that includes Sky Sports HD as standard (whether or not you also get Cinema and Entertainment UHD) then to get Sky Sports UHD, you currently need both Sky Sports HD at £7 and Sky Sports UHD either for £7 on it's own or as part of the £10 combined add on.
Wow, VM do like to make it complicated!
Old 01-02-2023, 11:55   #198
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The need for Sky Sports HD as an add on will be part of the Sky contract. The Sky Cinema HD add on was discontinued when it was possible to do so.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:17   #199
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The need for Sky Sports HD as an add on will be part of the Sky contract. The Sky Cinema HD add on was discontinued when it was possible to do so.
I don’t think anyone disputes the need for a charge, merely the complexity of it.

I wonder if we end up with two Ultimate Volts just as we had two Ultimate Oomphs. One with UHD as standard and one without.
Old 01-02-2023, 13:06   #200
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I wonder if we end up with two Ultimate Volts just as we had two Ultimate Oomphs. One with UHD as standard and one without.
We've already got that. The UHD add on was removed from Ultimate Volt back in November
Old 01-02-2023, 14:33   #201
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
We've already got that. The UHD add on was removed from Ultimate Volt back in November
I'm currently on chat. They quoted me £7 a month, but I mentioned this thread saying it should be £4 if I already have The Sky UHD entertainment package which is there on my last bill. Their response was to say if I want to keep the UHD entertainment package then the bill will increase by £10 a month? This doesn't sound correct?
Old 01-02-2023, 15:18   #202
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

So how much is it to add Sky Sports UHD if you are on Ultimate Volt with Sky Entertainment UHD already part of the bundle before they removed it?
Old 01-02-2023, 15:24   #203
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
So how much is it to add Sky Sports UHD if you are on Ultimate Volt with Sky Entertainment UHD already part of the bundle before they removed it?
I was told £7 and a new 18 month contract
Old 01-02-2023, 15:34   #204
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
I'm currently on chat. They quoted me £7 a month, but I mentioned this thread saying it should be £4 if I already have The Sky UHD entertainment package which is there on my last bill. Their response was to say if I want to keep the UHD entertainment package then the bill will increase by £10 a month? This doesn't sound correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I was told £7 and a new 18 month contract
So the UHD add on costs should be (on top of HD):

Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD - £6
Sky Sports UHD - £7
Sky Cinema & Entertainment and Sports UHD - £10

Ultimate Volt with UHD included the Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD add on in the bundle cost, which is why it should be a £4 difference for those bundles as you won't have more than one UHD add on at the same time.
Old 01-02-2023, 16:02   #205
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

From today, VM has discontinued the ITV Catch-up service for V6 customers, who are now redirected to use the ITVX app for all ITV catch up content.
Old 01-02-2023, 16:15   #206
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

So whats the delay with so many people still not being activated (including myself)
Old 01-02-2023, 16:16   #207
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
So whats the delay with so many people still not being activated (including myself)
that is the million dollar question hopefully it on before the game tonight
Old 01-02-2023, 16:23   #208
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Yes, I want to see Forest win 4-0 at old trafford in 4K/UHD :-)
Old 01-02-2023, 16:31   #209
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

My Sky Sports UHD has now appeared so it is up and running - it is HLG.

You need to look carefully at you new contract as originally they removed Cinema UHD when adding Sports UHD - but all seems good - currently.

Last edited by ozsat; 01-02-2023 at 16:46.
Old 01-02-2023, 16:45   #210
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
From today, VM has discontinued the ITV Catch-up service for V6 customers, who are now redirected to use the ITVX app for all ITV catch up content.
Same for 360 too.