Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 15:48   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

This is a continuation of the 'Changes to Virgin TV (2022)' thread which you can find here:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33710709

1. The old thread has been closed, but will remain for information purposes;
2. I will collate all the information from my various sources and post on Cable Forum;

In addition to that I will be on hand to answer any questions that arise and to provide links to other sources of information as they come up.

Thank you.

Here is the CONFIRMED Channels news for Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV:

January 2023:
2nd. Sky Cinema Greats HD to be rebranded as Sky Cinema British Icons HD
4th. Sky Sports Darts HD to be rebranded back to Sky Sports Arena HD
4th. Sky Sports Darts to be rebranded back to Sky Sports Arena
5th. BoXmas to be rebranded back to The Box
5th. GREAT! Movies Classics to be rebranded as GREAT! Movies Romance
5th. Smithsonian Channel to close today on Virgin Media UK
6th. Christmas24 to be rebranded back to Movies24
6th. Christmas24+ to be rebranded back to Movies24+

©Media Boy UK 2006 - 2023. A ''Doing it my way'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2023, 02:54   #2
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Ah another thread for another year! Excellent.

I wonder then people on v6 tivo boxes will be forced to move onto the 360 software? Surely virgin media can't operate two different softwares for their boxes?
Old 02-01-2023, 10:18   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I wonder then people on v6 tivo boxes will be forced to move onto the 360 software? Surely virgin media can't operate two different softwares for their boxes?
VM ran two different box systems alongside each other for many, many years. Liberate and Tivo. This is no different. It's up to them if licensing money and customer response to losing recordings make it worthwhile the hassle.
Old 02-01-2023, 17:12   #4
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Having switched to the360 and managed to make the switch back to TiVo if they ditch the TiVo that'll be when I ditch virgin TV and phone and possibly broadband if I can get it cheaper from city fibre and make the switch to streaming services.

Will not be using the 360 powered boxes the software is hellish
Old 02-01-2023, 17:37   #5
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Would be interesting to know how long the TiVo license agreement has left to run.
Old 03-01-2023, 11:09   #6
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

lets see what 2023 brings i have given up on getting sky sports UHD
Old 04-01-2023, 12:42   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A very big price rise is what's coming soon to VM customers. Happy New Year and enjoy !
Old 04-01-2023, 14:12   #8
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Don't get your hopes up, a very quiet year is expected on all platforms.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:21   #9
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
A very big price rise is what's coming soon to VM customers. Happy New Year and enjoy !
Then I'll be finally off for good!
Already prepared with my new in built Roku TV with Freeview Play and recordable usb device, new gen 4K Max Firestick and so just need to research and add my preferred other streaming apps when this current contract ends. How can they justify a very big price rise when energy and food bills are soaring? They should be slashing prices for loyalty and stopping churn.
Cable TV is not in the 90s/00s anymore.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:57   #10
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I preferred the Title 'Changes to Virgin TV' rather than coming soon.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

MTV Play is apparently closing on 28th February according to MTV Support
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Conte.../594702#M21043

It wasn't mentioned in Virgin recent agreement with Paramount either.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 04-01-2023 at 16:03.
Old 04-01-2023, 16:01   #11
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Already prepared with my new in built Roku TV with Freeview Play and recordable usb device, new gen 4K Max Firestick and so just need to research and add my preferred other streaming apps when this current contract ends. How can they justify a very big price rise when energy and food bills are soaring? They should be slashing prices for loyalty and stopping churn.
They justify by having their own bills to pay.

Of course we don't like price rises, but surely you understand their bills are also rising?

There is no such thing as loyalty. Loyalty isn't threatening to leave if they don't reduce prices.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:51   #12
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
They justify by having their own bills to pay.

Of course we don't like price rises, but surely you understand their bills are also rising?

There is no such thing as loyalty. Loyalty isn't threatening to leave if they don't reduce prices.
Indeed, I agree.
Also, I have never threatened but have always negotiated a good deal at the end of my contracts.
My point was that cable and satellite tv is not the same as it was 20 or so years ago, so overly high price hikes are not warranted any more unless streaming apps are included or more access to their content at the very least.
Old 04-01-2023, 21:22   #13
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM has repeated the same lazy 'just change the date' approach to the January Channel Guides, neglecting to correct any of the errors. New year, same incompetent staff ��

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide
Old 05-01-2023, 01:08   #14
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Indeed, I agree.
Also, I have never threatened but have always negotiated a good deal at the end of my contracts.
My point was that cable and satellite tv is not the same as it was 20 or so years ago, so overly high price hikes are not warranted any more unless streaming apps are included or more access to their content at the very least.
its very odd isn't it? Content is king. Virgin Media without owning any tv content themselves are in a bit of a pickle potentially. People can realistically just have freeview, Netflix, amazon prime for delivery and now tv for sky sports.

what can virgin media offer? 700 live channels very few watch?

Streaming companies need reliable income streams. Virgin Media need to make deals with them.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:47   #15
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Best thing i did was cut the cord, quite happy with my humax aura and nvidia shield although my isp do provide netgem tv at no extra cost as part of my broadband package.