Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The Chronicles of Rishi

Old 25-10-2022, 14:08   #61
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rishi Sunak is Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Reese-Mogg resigns......
Before he was fired…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2022, 14:52   #62
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Will be interesting to see what happens to the hike in NI. Sunak planned it, Kwarteng decided not to proceed with it, Truss boasted in her leaving speech of ditching it.

I won't expect to see 3% of GDP spent on defence.

But at least Sunak won't need Party donors to fund any redecoration costs.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 14:58   #63
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Lived experience is useful but it isn’t the trump card it is presently fashionable to claim it is. Nobody can live every experience. Much more useful are an awareness of what one has and what one does not have, and the ability to command a team that collectively has the necessary breadth of skills and experience.

Whether he’s that man, we shall soon find out.

Interesting opinion you have there young man, i feel sure it will change with experience.
Old 25-10-2022, 15:50   #64
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wonder if his skin colour/ethnicity/religion will be a help or a hindering come election time.

It may help to attract voters of a similar background as well as the PC/woke types.

It may hinder as any racist Conservative voters may refuse to vote for him.

Maybe the two will balance each other out??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 16:20   #65
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

"PC/woke types"

<snigger>

Richard, the Daily Mail/Express/Telegraph/GB News called - they’d like their dog whistle back…
Old 25-10-2022, 17:37   #66
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

My salient point is that those who define themselves as Politically Correct or Woke may vote for him simply because of his ethnicity etc.

Conversely,, there's bound to be others who wouldn't vote for him for the very same reason.

It will be interesting to see if his minority group status will be a help, a hinderence or if it won't make any difference, either because the two opposing groups cancel each other out or because we have now reached a point where most people don't take such things into account when choosing an elected representative.

I personally couldn't cate less about it; I have enough reasons to dislike him without looking for any more!
Old 25-10-2022, 17:42   #67
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
My salient point is that those who define themselves as Politically Correct or Woke may vote for him simply because of his ethnicity etc.

Conversely,, there's bound to be others who wouldn't vote for him for the very same reason.

It will be interesting to see if his minority group status will be a help, a hinderence or if it won't make any difference, either because the two opposing groups cancel each other out or because we have now reached a point where most people don't take such things into account when choosing an elected representative.

I personally couldn't cate less about it; I have enough reasons to dislike him without looking for any more!

Interesting that you only bring this up for the current prime minister? Why would you not bring for any of his predecessors ?
Old 25-10-2022, 17:59   #68
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
There's nothing politically correct about voting Conservative regardless of the colour of the leader.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 18:09   #69
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Very few people define themselves as "Politically Correct or Woke" - it is usually used as a derogatory label by those on the right…

Can I ask why you didn’t ask the same question about people potentially voting for Liz Truss?
Old 25-10-2022, 18:41   #70
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Very few people define themselves as "Politically Correct or Woke" - it is usually used as a derogatory label by those on the right…

Can I ask why you didn’t ask the same question about people potentially voting for Liz Truss?
I assume that she is British white, if i'm correct the question wouldn't arise.

Or are you referring to her gender?
Old 25-10-2022, 18:50   #71
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I assume that she is British white, if i'm correct the question wouldn't arise.

Or are you referring to her gender?
Yes
Old 25-10-2022, 19:02   #72
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes
These days I doubt that many people would have refrained from voting for her because she was a woman.

She was the third female PM, but he is the first PM of colour.

The comments about his ethnicity are starting already. I've just seen a post where the Downing Street cat is seen walking away with a suitcase saying "I'm off, I don't fancy ending up in a curry".
Old 25-10-2022, 19:04   #73
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
These days I doubt that many people would have refrained from voting for her because she was a woman.

The comments about his ethnicity are starting already. I've just seen a post where the Downing Street cat is seen walking away with a suitcase saying "I'm off, I don't fancy ending up in a curry".
Racists might not vote for him but there's no evidence that the "PC/Woke" brigade would proactively seek out voting for him regardless of his policies.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 19:38   #74
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:

Another criterion might be the penis size

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6161691.stm

Hancock (apologies for the pun) had an affair, Truss had an affair, BoJo has created 5-7 kids so far, May none, Major-Currie nukie etc. Perhaps, this is something that has to disected (aouuch) as skin colour is not important but size might be more important.

Skin colour is not important. Penis size is equally unimportant
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 19:46   #75
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There's nothing politically correct about voting Conservative regardless of the colour of the leader.
Excellent use of words. I will, of course, keep voting Conservative.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Another criterion might be the penis size

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6161691.stm

Hancock (apologies for the pun) had an affair, Truss had an affair, BoJo has created 5-7 kids so far, May none, Major-Currie nukie etc. Perhaps, this is something that has to disected (aouuch) as skin colour is not important but size might be more important.

Skin colour is not important. Penis size is equally unimportant
You watched last night's programme too!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote