Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Move Number to New Mobile Account

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Move Number to New Mobile Account

Old 23-09-2021, 19:53   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Move Number to New Mobile Account

Atm, my daughters number is registered on my mobile account.

This made sense when we got it (when she young), but not anymore.
She wants to create her own account now, and move the number to it.

If we try and register the number, all it does is pop up an error saying its already registered.

There seems to be zero information on how to do this on the VM website.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2021, 21:51   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Move Number to New Mobile Account

has she requested her PAC code?
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 22:01   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Get a PAC code from your existing provider for the number you want to port, give the PAC code to the new provider when you set up the account. We did this with our son’s phone last month when he moved the number from our family BT mobile account to his own new EE account. It was fairly seamless, although when he put his new EE SIM in his phone it operated with a temporary phone number for around 48 hours until the one we were moving took over.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 22:50   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Unless I missed something, a PAC code is to move provider.

She is on Virgin (my Virgin account) and wishes to remain on Virgin.
She is not looking to move provider, simply move her number from my VM account to one of her own.

Old 23-09-2021, 23:48   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Unless I missed something, a PAC code is to move provider.

She is on Virgin (my Virgin account) and wishes to remain on Virgin.
She is not looking to move provider, simply move her number from my VM account to one of her own.
As the number is moving to a completely different account I believe the PAC code process should work. But if you’re unsure, you could (gulp) try phoning CS to check.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 00:28   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can't PAC a number within Virgin Mobile. That's to move to a different provider completely.

If the number is out of any existing contract term it can be possible to it move to a separate customer account, however it would start a new airtime plan contract and need a credit check.
Old 24-09-2021, 00:29   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

What do you mean by "out of contract" ?

Its a pay monthly SIM only, there is no contract as such I know of.

Old 24-09-2021, 00:31   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I mean any minimum contract e.g. current SIM only plans are either 12 or 24 months.
Old 24-09-2021, 00:37   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Still not entirely understanding, but she has had this number (sim only) for 10+ years.

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Actually NM, deep in the account I found this ;

Quote:
30 day rolling contract

You are now out of contract
Upgrade your phone and plan
We've got a brilliant range of phones and plans to choose from.
So I guess that answers that.

It still doesnt tell me how we actually do this though.

Old 24-09-2021, 00:39   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

In that case, unless you've agreed a new airtime plan recently, the mobile number will be on a rolling 30 day contract term.

In order to transfer a mobile number to another person, the existing customer contract for the airtime plan is cancelled, and the mobile number is attached to a new customer record and airtime contract.

That's something that Customer Services can confirm if the account and mobile number is eligible to do.

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Because there a few moving parts to get that done, it's not something that's available via the customer online account.
Old 24-09-2021, 00:40   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

That's something that Customer Services can confirm if the account and mobile number is eligible to do.
*sigh* You mean I have to talk to customer services.

Oh boy, the fun begins ........... I honestly think it would be easier for her just to move to Sky.

Myself and the other two daughters have already done that, so easy. Its like Virgin make it harder to stay with them than move.

Old 24-09-2021, 01:29   #12
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Has the phone been unregistered with the original account? There are various situations where that often needs to happen, eg lost phone.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 08:49   #13
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
*sigh* You mean I have to talk to customer services.

Oh boy, the fun begins ........... I honestly think it would be easier for her just to move to Sky.

Myself and the other two daughters have already done that, so easy. Its like Virgin make it harder to stay with them than move.
You could move to another provider using the PAC code, then back again using a PAC code if desperate to stay VM (seems crazy though).

If after a cheap Payg I recommend ASDA mobile, its Vodafone , so the same thing at the end of the day.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 10:08   #14
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Yeah I was gonna say port it to Giffgaff and back again
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 11:56   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Or you could try asking on the VM community forum?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote