Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The energy crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The energy crisis

Old 15-02-2023, 15:35   #2011
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: The energy crisis

It is normal. Calculations are instant. Sometimes the gas shows as pending till new values are issued. Bills are issued as soon as both calculations are made so you will get one soon
Old 15-02-2023, 17:08   #2012
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It is normal. Calculations are instant. Sometimes the gas shows as pending till new values are issued. Bills are issued as soon as both calculations are made so you will get one soon
But the payment will still be taken on my DD date based on whatever meter reading I pay before that?

Pretty confused over this.

And what's this spinning thingy game, is there a catch if I win something?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 15-02-2023 at 17:16.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2023, 17:59   #2013
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My Bulb account is still active.
Although I'm no longer with them, they still need to do my final bill.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2023, 18:10   #2014
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
But the payment will still be taken on my DD date based on whatever meter reading I pay before that?

Don't worry you'll never win anything on the 'spinning thingy game'
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2023, 19:58   #2015
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

yes
if you look Octopus will allow you to set your own DD date and amount but it should all match up with what it was before

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
you never know your luck hahaha
Old 15-02-2023, 19:58   #2016
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I've been with Octopus for 3 years and have done the spinning thingy every month and have never won.

Don't forget to spin the wheel for both gas and electricy accounts and get your consolation prize of silly errr I mean interesting QI titbits.
Old 15-02-2023, 20:04   #2017
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I've been with Octopus for 3 years and have done the spinning thingy every month and have never won.

Don't forget to spin the wheel for both gas and electricy accounts and get your consolation prize of silly errr I mean interesting QI titbits.
They said I could spin it again if I got a smart meter.......it's a big no from me! Lol

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Quote:
yes
if you look Octopus will allow you to set your own DD date and amount but it should all match up with what it was before

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

you never know your luck hahaha
Thx.
Old 15-02-2023, 22:42   #2018
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I was going to say it be hard as its nigh impossible to get a GP appointment, but what you quoted sounds like they going to reach out.

--

Regarding Octopus tracker, Seems Octopus are a little uncomfortable with the flood of interest in the tariff or they having to manually change people over, is now a 6 month waiting list, with 50 been processed a day.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2023, 09:16   #2019
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

My Bulb statements are now available on my Octopus account.
Old 16-02-2023, 10:53   #2020
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

After almost 8 months in our new house, Scottish Power’s new build team have finally woken up and opened us an account. I’m about to log in for the first time and see what we owe them. And as soon as I’ve paid it I’m transferring us to Octopus. No way am I staying with a company with customer service this awful.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2023, 11:04   #2021
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
After almost 8 months in our new house, Scottish Power’s new build team have finally woken up and opened us an account. I’m about to log in for the first time and see what we owe them. And as soon as I’ve paid it I’m transferring us to Octopus. No way am I staying with a company with customer service this awful.
You will be well set with Octopus. I called CS the other week and I could understand who answered and they were very helpful. If the cap rises in April I will jump on the tracker too

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I was going to say it be hard as its nigh impossible to get a GP appointment, but what you quoted sounds like they going to reach out.
By the time it is all in place it will be warm again

Quote:

Regarding Octopus tracker, Seems Octopus are a little uncomfortable with the flood of interest in the tariff or they having to manually change people over, is now a 6 month waiting list, with 50 been processed a day.
well that sucks and blows my plans. They are now saying you have to have a Smart Meter too which you did not have to before. Damn procrastinating. i was gonna call and switch Monday before the site changed

Last edited by Jaymoss; 16-02-2023 at 11:08.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2023, 12:11   #2022
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
You will be well set with Octopus. I called CS the other week and I could understand who answered and they were very helpful. If the cap rises in April I will jump on the tracker too
They certainly couldn’t be worse. Scottish Power actively works to keep you off the phone lines, actively tries to prevent you talking to a human via web chat (they give you generic bot-generated answers and then close the chat - don’t even give you a chance to follow up) and when you do finally find your way in to the human-monitored section of the web chat you wait 15 minutes for someone offshore to read your issue and tell you they can’t help. Scottish Power is utterly dreadful.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Does anyone know how Octopus manages solar panel payments? I thought there was a tariff with automatic export readings taken from a smart meter but they haven’t asked me about my panels during sign-up.
Old 16-02-2023, 12:30   #2023
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Does anyone know how Octopus manages solar panel payments? I thought there was a tariff with automatic export readings taken from a smart meter but they haven’t asked me about my panels during sign-up.
they posted this on Twitter this morning

https://octopus.energy/smart/flux/

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

They also have this

https://octopus.energy/outgoing/
Old 16-02-2023, 12:36   #2024
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Thanks … I did eventually find the details for Outgoing though they don’t make it at all obvious during sign up that this is even an option. Not great for new build buyers who haven’t made a conscious decision to install solar panels and may not know what they need to do in order to benefit from them.

Anyway, I have signed up, and now I’m going through the rigmarole of the meters not being on the national database. No doubt this is something to do with the utter incompetence of Scottish Power, who with any luck I will be free of in a week’s time. I have sent photos of the meters to Octopus. Once the account is active I will action the switch to the Octopus Outgoing tariff and finally start getting paid for what I’m generating. Or at least, I’ll be ready to start getting paid once I have excess … at this time of year we have discovered it is best to time appliances like the dishwasher to operate from late morning to early afternoon and just use the solar power ourselves.
Old 16-02-2023, 12:44   #2025
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Glad you are sorted