Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Williams v Hantuchova

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Williams v Hantuchova

Old 02-07-2007, 20:50   #1
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Unhappy Williams v Hantuchova

What do people think of Williams' performance against Hantuchova?

Personally, I think it's one of the worst examples of gamesmanship I've ever seen.

I could sort of believe she was injured in some way, until she lost a particular point fairly soon after they resumed... She then jumped up & down on her supposedly damaged calf muscle & smashed her racket into the ground.

To cap it all, she later claimed she was desperate for a toilet break before Hantuchova's serve. The umpire told her she would have to wait until the next game interval, before her own serve. Lo & behold when that game finished she didn't need the bathroom anymore... Until the break after when Hantuchova was due to serve again...

Admittedly Hantuchova bottled it & should have moved Williams around the court more at the beginning of the final set, but nevertheless...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2007, 23:59   #2
yesman

Re: Williams v Hantuchova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
What do people think of Williams' performance against Hantuchova?

Personally, I think it's one of the worst examples of gamesmanship I've ever seen.

I could sort of believe she was injured in some way, until she lost a particular point fairly soon after they resumed... She then jumped up & down on her supposedly damaged calf muscle & smashed her racket into the ground.

To cap it all, she later claimed she was desperate for a toilet break before Hantuchova's serve. The umpire told her she would have to wait until the next game interval, before her own serve. Lo & behold when that game finished she didn't need the bathroom anymore... Until the break after when Hantuchova was due to serve again...

Admittedly Hantuchova bottled it & should have moved Williams around the court more at the beginning of the final set, but nevertheless...
I have to admit it did seem all a bit of a sham.
For gamesmanship, Serena won hands down, at one point I thought it was all staged.
My money is on Mauresmo to win the title.
If my prediction doesn't put the mockers on it, nothing will
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31   #3
smiffing
Inactive

Services: VM 2 Mb Vm basic television VM telephone
smiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nice

The Williams sisters are a past force, it's all now down to gamesmanship!
smiffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:49   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Henin or Mauresmo for me...

Although Henin has been known to be a bit dodgy on the injury gamesmanship front in the past!
Old 03-07-2007, 16:29   #5
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
My money is on Mauresmo to win the title.
If my prediction doesn't put the mockers on it, nothing will
Like I said

Next time I won't say anything
Old 03-07-2007, 16:34   #6
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Beauty V Beast
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 17:06   #7
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Beauty V Beast
That applies to the Williams & the Mauresmo matches!!