Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PC world muppets!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PC world muppets!

Old 12-05-2007, 19:07   #46
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice
Re: PC world muppets!

LOL think i agree with Intisilence.
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2007, 19:20   #47
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
You go into a shop with a recommendation from sourceswho knows what they are about then pick up said router only to be told something wrong from staff????? it is the reps fault

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

see above
Only if the staff told him it was compatible with cable. For instance, they could be misinterpreting something the guy said, and the customer gave the rep misleading information to possibly infer an ADSL connection was being used.

PC World do employ some muppets - I've spoken to more than a few - but I fail to believe this one at face value.

Why ask for advice if you are confident the product in your hand will work?

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 19:33   #48
zing_deleted

No No
The guy went in with a specific model knowing that was right. They should have took his word for it and let him buy they should not have interfered. It does not take a wizkid either to ask the right questions so there

Also where does it say he asked for help? your assuming he did where as the salesman may well have just interfered
Old 12-05-2007, 19:43   #49
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice

Emplyees of pc world know just as much about pc's as do the employees of Clarks shoes.
Old 12-05-2007, 19:56   #50
EBO48
Living a dream

Services: Tivo+ PHONE + BB
EBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about themEBO48 has a spectacular aura about them

that's an insult to employees of Clarks shoes.they more than likely know more
EBO48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 19:59   #51
Pedro1
Inactive

True..... SAD BUT True.......
Old 13-05-2007, 01:42   #52
2||Para
Inactive

Services: 20MB BB,Sky TV
2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice

Went into the Peterborough store a while back looking for a cheap skt939 heatsink/fan after breaking my xp120.Spoke to one of the lads in there and explained it was for a Opteron and he said" ahh a skt939 hsf wont fit as its a server chip" To be honest i was suprised he even knew what a Opteron was but still asked to speak to someone else.

Some of the people that work there are good and some are bad as with many retailer outlets,i guess it's luck of the draw as to which you get with the purple shirt wearing brigade.
2||Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 01:50   #53
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2||Para View Post
Went into the Peterborough store a while back looking for a cheap skt939 heatsink/fan after breaking my xp120.Spoke to one of the lads in there and explained it was for a Opteron and he said" ahh a skt939 hsf wont fit as its a server chip" To be honest i was suprised he even knew what a Opteron was but still asked to speak to someone else.

Some of the people that work there are good and some are bad as with many retailer outlets,i guess it's luck of the draw as to which you get with the purple shirt wearing brigade.
My viewpoint exactly; and some of this story still doesn't add up to me.

I go in PC World, look for myself, and come out with what I wanted. No need to ask the staff, and I can often catch them out if I do.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 07:45   #54
RedDragon
Inactive

Services: National Broadband & Telco
RedDragon is on a distinguished roadRedDragon is on a distinguished road

I use PC World as I like the instant satisfaction of buying from a shop. I take what the staff tell me with a pinch of salt and agree that there are good and bad staff. The best thing I find with buying from PC World is that I've had no problem exchanging faulty goods over the counter, even a hard drive which failed after 10 months was upgraded at no cost to a better model as the original was no longer in stock, to do this over the internet and postal service would have been to much hassle for me.
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 08:31   #55
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
I use PC World as I like the instant satisfaction of buying from a shop. I take what the staff tell me with a pinch of salt and agree that there are good and bad staff. The best thing I find with buying from PC World is that I've had no problem exchanging faulty goods over the counter, even a hard drive which failed after 10 months was upgraded at no cost to a better model as the original was no longer in stock, to do this over the internet and postal service would have been to much hassle for me.

I buy online cuz I like the instant satisfaction of saving a large wedge
Old 14-05-2007, 13:40   #56
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Quote:

Superb!
EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 14:24   #57
2||Para
Inactive

Services: 20MB BB,Sky TV
2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice

Quote:

And the added bonus of the "Distance Selling Act"
2||Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 14:30   #58
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:

PCWorld (sic) do have some bargains sometimes...
Old 14-05-2007, 19:09   #59
Jurasik
Inactive

Jurasik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury View Post
PCWorld (sic) do have some bargains sometimes...
Yup. On Friday I printed out a PC world webpage at work, to prove a price of a new mouse. It was the Saitek GM3200. This is £30 in store, £22 online. I didn't want to use the works computer to buy with my credit card, so I went into the store with the piece of paper, in order to attempt to price match. I was amazed when they said they would match their online price.
So I walked out with a mouse which cost £22. This was the cheapest I found anywhere, including online.
Jurasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 19:30   #60
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurasik View Post
Yup. On Friday I printed out a PC world webpage at work, to prove a price of a new mouse. It was the Saitek GM3200. This is £30 in store, £22 online. I didn't want to use the works computer to buy with my credit card, so I went into the store with the piece of paper, in order to attempt to price match. I was amazed when they said they would match their online price.
So I walked out with a mouse which cost £22. This was the cheapest I found anywhere, including online.
This one?
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119665

£23 but if you build your order up to over £30.00 with say a 1 gib usb key you could use google check out and get both the items for £20.00.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote