Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 30-01-2011, 10:31   #796
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You do know that it is only part one of a trilogy and each book carries straight on from the previous one.

I have read all 3 books link HERE.
They do stand alone though. So you are not lost if you read them as and when the library may have a copy available
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2011, 12:16   #797
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
They do stand alone though. So you are not lost if you read them as and when the library may have a copy available
You must read them in order though.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 14:18   #798
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

kindling my way through the "stieg Larsson " trilogy, half way through the second one. Can't decide whether to watch the film after a book or read all the books then watch all the films.
Or go for dubbed or subtitles??
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 15:00   #799
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbs View Post
kindling my way through the "stieg Larsson " trilogy, half way through the second one. Can't decide whether to watch the film after a book or read all the books then watch all the films.
Or go for dubbed or subtitles??
I'd give up and not bother with the books

I thought the first one was quite good - though not a lot really happened until the last 50 pages, and I don't think the book could really decide what it wanted to be - thriller/mystery/political commentay - and because of that it did all 3 not as well as it could have done...

However the 2nd and 3rd books just seemed to have no idea what it was supposed to be, and the stories were weak, didn't really go anywhere, and quite frankly I lost interest. it was only stubborness that made me finish them (that and the fact I'd paid for them )
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 15:53   #800
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
I'd give up and not bother with the books

I thought the first one was quite good - though not a lot really happened until the last 50 pages, and I don't think the book could really decide what it wanted to be - thriller/mystery/political commentay - and because of that it did all 3 not as well as it could have done...

However the 2nd and 3rd books just seemed to have no idea what it was supposed to be, and the stories were weak, didn't really go anywhere, and quite frankly I lost interest. it was only stubborness that made me finish them (that and the fact I'd paid for them )

OOOH I can't do that........oh no! gotta keep going
I think I can count on one hand the books I have give up on even if they have been bad.
I will read all the books then watch the original dubbed films...hmmm or should I wait for the hollywood version?? nah! I'll watch that as well
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 18:26   #801
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
You can get The Six Sacred Stones in ASDA for £1 in the Sales aisle.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 19:11   #802
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The Engineer Reconditioned - Neil Asher
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 19:13   #803
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You can get The Six Sacred Stones in ASDA for £1 in the Sales aisle.
Nearest Asda is 20 miles away with no (useful to me) public transport.
Old 31-01-2011, 20:05   #804
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

cableforum
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 20:10   #805
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I am working my way through the zombie survival guide again, it is going to set me in good stead if I ever meet some of the members on here
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 21:30   #806
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club - Peter Hook
Quote:
We once worked out that, from the time it opened in 1982 to when it closed in 1997, each punter through the door cost us £10. We wasted that much through bad management and sheer stupidity. As far as we were concerned it was history we were making, not money. But if I'm ever skint I'll walk around Manchester asking everyone to give me my tenner back.

Oh, and just finished The Lost City of Z - David Grann

Fascinating, some of the things they endured in the jungle are stomach churning...

And a pet rant here, bluddy publishers making Amazon charge nearly £2.50 MORE for the Kindle version than the paperback!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 17:19   #807
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

just finished scott marianni's latest book the lost relic and its really good if you like action mixed with treasure hunt
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 18:00   #808
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Now reading Powers by Ursula Le Guin
Old 02-02-2011, 13:34   #809
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Just started reading The Horus Heresy..........again
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 19:59   #810
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Saw it on BBC4 just before Christmas, so I thought that I would give the book a go.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote