Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Book of Boba Fett

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Book of Boba Fett

Old 28-01-2022, 13:16   #76
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Book of Boba Fett

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It also answered a lot of questions about the Mandalorian that may have distracted from the premis of the plot. 'A Tribe to belong to'.

Mando was kicked out of his tribe by the armourer for revealing his face. Also where did he get his new ship from? Are just two.
I’m not sure I caught all the dialogue, but was that N-1 star fighter claimed to have been Padme Amidala’s personal ship?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2022, 14:44   #77
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

At least after this weeks episode we finally know what they used as a brace
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 14:48   #78
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post

At least after this weeks episode we finally know what they used as a brace
I thought I recognised it ... I said so to the missus, who sadly does not appreciate my utter geekery.
Old 28-01-2022, 14:49   #79
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I thought I recognised it ... I said so to the missus, who sadly does not appreciate my utter geekery.
hahahaha I did not notice it but a good mate of mine did

it is a cryogenic density combustion booster
Old 28-01-2022, 15:21   #80
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I’m not sure I caught all the dialogue, but was that N-1 star fighter claimed to have been Padme Amidala’s personal ship?
Not quite. "Made for the Royal Guard and commissioned personally by the Queen of Naboo."
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 15:55   #81
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
No, I think it was just the type used by her royal guard.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Edit: Ha, see above

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:00   #82
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Thats unlikely as it will switch back to being about Boba.
Grogu will almost certainly be in Mandalorian S3, and its rumoured Luke will as well.

However, we are veering off topic here - this should all be discussed in the Mandalorian topic, rather than this one.
Cough cough

I nailed it
Old 02-02-2022, 21:47   #83
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

It was ok. The digital Luke, whether fully digital or Mark Hamil de-aged was very good, much much better than the previous effort. ( although they didn’t manage to replicate his facial scars)

But it was a bit boring. Lots of call backs to the first two films, but I found the the Luke /Grogu scenes - although at first brilliant because of the new better Luke- tedious, and I’m afraid that it was because of Grogu not Luke. I’m over baby Yoda, the cuteness factor has worn off.
Old 03-02-2022, 00:36   #84
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I thought it was an amazing episode. One of the best yet.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:52   #85
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I nailed it
Ummm, all you said was "you hope" they are in Episode 6, all I said was its unlikely.
However, unlikely as it was, they were, so you got your wish (and yes, it was good to see them).

It did seem like setting up more of Season 3 of Mando, and probably Asoka as well.

Shame to see the sheriff get killed though, I liked him.

They did a better job of Luke visually, but his voice didnt seem quite right.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:07   #86
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

I think we tend to remember excitable Luke from Ep IV rather than chilled Jedi Luke from VI. If you compare last night’s performance against Return of the Jedi I think it was pretty spot on. And when my daughter came into the room last night while he was on screen she gasped and asked “is that CGI? It’s amazing!” Which it was. A major improvement on his last appearance in Mando.

I loved last night’s episode. It felt like we had dropped in on a segment of a much bigger adventure. Those sequences wouldn’t have looked out of place in a Saga film set at this point in the cycle. I know one or two folks are confused and asking whether this isn’t meant to be a series about Boba Fett, but actually there’s a pretty major clue as to what they’re up to in the way the series title is formed. It’s “The Book of Boba Fett” which is quite deliberate in its Bible-like construction. When you look, for example, at the Book of Samuel in the Old Testament* you will find that on one level it tells the life story of a prophet called Samuel, but it is as interested in events that surround him or are triggered by him and persist after his death. Whole episodes of that story pass without the eponymous prophet making an appearance at all.

In the Star Wars universe it is clear that Tatooine is far more significant to the history of the galaxy than its apparent status as a backwater on the galactic rim. We’re being shown that what Boba Fett is building at Hutt Castle is likewise of much more significance than a simple turf war between gangs. If nothing else, the showrunners are giving us a taste of the theme of interconnectedness which is often inferred in the Saga films without ever being explored in depth. The Star Wars universe is finally getting some depth and breadth and I for one am absolutely loving it.

* The modern Christian Bible splits the book into ‘1 Samuel’ and ‘2 Samuel’ but in the original Hebrew scrolls, and in modern Jewish Bibles (which only contain what we call the Old Testament) it was simply one book, the ‘Book of Samuel.’ Among its significant events are the union of the 12 tribes into a single coherent kingdom under David, who was anointed to the task by Samuel under God’s direction, and David’s fight with the giant, Goliath. The book is foundational to the concept of Israel as a coherent nation state.

Last edited by Chris; 03-02-2022 at 09:12.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:53   #87
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A major improvement on his last appearance in Mando.
They hired the guy that did the improved deepfake of last time on Youtube

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/lu...fx-1234653720/
Old 03-02-2022, 10:14   #88
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They hired the guy that did the improved deepfake of last time on Youtube

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/lu...fx-1234653720/
Well it's certainly a better effect.

Pity the sheriff had to die.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:49   #89
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Not sure if he is dead - the townsfolk looked as if they were trying to treat the wound, and he was only shot once because the gunman then shot the deputy four times.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:54   #90
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Ummm, all you said was "you hope" they are in Episode 6, all I said was its unlikely.
However, unlikely as it was, they were, so you got your wish (and yes, it was good to see them).

It did seem like setting up more of Season 3 of Mando, and probably Asoka as well.

Shame to see the sheriff get killed though, I liked him.

They did a better job of Luke visually, but his voice didnt seem quite right.
I do not think he is dead