Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Last of Us

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Last of Us

Old 13-02-2023, 16:31   #31
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I presome you mean 'done'.
They have a second season now.
I 'presume' he did
Old 13-02-2023, 16:37   #32
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

*sigh* ... yes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2023, 16:44   #33
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I presume you mean 'done'.
They have a second season now.
Yes I did.

As for the 2nd season, without spoiling it, both games are complete stories. So this season is building towards an end.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2023, 17:58   #34
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yes I did.

As for the 2nd season, without spoiling it, both games are complete stories. So this season is building towards an end.
I've never played the game, but I hear the TV is in some places "shot for shot" mirror to the game.

But if you've played both games then you know the endings.

I would have thought the shows creators would have changed it, it only has to be an adaptation not a shot for shot retelling.
Old 20-02-2023, 22:29   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I've never played the game, but I hear the TV is in some places "shot for shot" mirror to the game.

But if you've played both games then you know the endings.

I would have thought the shows creators would have changed it, it only has to be an adaptation not a shot for shot retelling.
It is shot for shot in some places, changed in others.

But the overall major plot points, characters and structure are the same. Last week's episode ended the same way the game did. This week's episode is very close to the game as well. Each episode is roughly a chapter from the game.

I am 90% sure they're building to the same ending. Unless they're going to do a major shift for the finale but given how loyal they've been to the story I think they'll see it though.

There is plenty in the next game to do another season, maybe even two. The second game is very long.

This week's episode was very good.
Old 20-02-2023, 22:43   #36
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

As a TV series I am enjoying it but I must say I can not see how the game is exciting. So far it has been 80 cut scene 10% exploring 10% action
Old 20-02-2023, 23:06   #37
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
As a TV series I am enjoying it but I must say I can not see how the game is exciting. So far it has been 80 cut scene 10% exploring 10% action
Have you played the game? The game is obviously structured differently.

This is how the last episode aired today differs in the game:

Spoiler: 

In this last episode, you have to get to the dam (where Tommy actually is), it's attacked by raiders so you fight there, then Ellie runs off to an old house and you need to go find her and fight bad guys on the way, then you have the scene where Ellie is reading the diary and then gives the speech about everyone leaving her, then more fights. The university is a big action scene in the game with a lot more action.
Old 20-02-2023, 23:09   #38
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

It is not out on PC till next month. I am a PC only gamer
Old 20-02-2023, 23:19   #39
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Ok well yeah. The game has a lot more action than they take out here or condense. Episode 2 is probably the closest to the game in terms of structure because you literally just travel from point a to b. But each episode has taken out a lot of the parts where there would have been gameplay, episode 3 is literally you and bill going though a town full of clickers and runners (i.e zombies) to get to a high school.
Old 20-02-2023, 23:21   #40
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The game was awesome and I really need to try and get into the 2nd game again.
Old 27-02-2023, 21:48   #41
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Weakest episode of the series so far.

Just, boring, really.
Old 27-02-2023, 22:21   #42
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I think the first in Kansas City was the weakest, then this one. This was a bit slow but I feel it was more critical in Ellie's character growth, the pacing generally is a bit off as they go through certain parts at a brisk clip and then slow it right down again.

This was the episode I was most concerned about as I knew it was coming and I knew it wouldn't fit into the series' story (it's DLC in the game).

The final two episodes should pick up now.
Old 28-02-2023, 21:54   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

It was interesting to see the back story, but an entire episode was not needed.
I ended up skipping bits to get to the bit I knew was coming.
Despite all that time dedicated to it, we didnt see how she discovered she was immune.

Old 28-02-2023, 23:41   #44
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It was interesting to see the back story, but an entire episode was not needed.
I ended up skipping bits to get to the bit I knew was coming.
Despite all that time dedicated to it, we didnt see how she discovered she was immune.
Yeah I want to see that. You don't see it in the game either.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:00   #45
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Much better episode this week.