Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A thread for FreeSat changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

A thread for FreeSat changes

Old 08-02-2023, 22:06   #91
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: A thread for FreeSat changes

Those with SD only boxes will be able to get BBC Nightlight for at least a year, but won't be able to view any local programming. They will see the red screen instead.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2023, 21:15   #92
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of new smart tvs have Freesat & Freeview all ready in stalled no need for a STB just plug in a memory stick to record happy days & saves you £200 +
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 00:24   #93
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
A lot of new smart tvs have Freesat & Freeview all ready in stalled no need for a STB just plug in a memory stick to record happy days & saves you £200 +
Does the memory stick allow you to pause & rewind live TV? How much can you record on it?
Old 03-03-2023, 11:04   #94
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Does the memory stick allow you to pause & rewind live TV? How much can you record on it?
It will depend on the make and model of TV Richard, there's no Freesat specification for this I'm aware of. They'll likely all do it slightly differently from each other. These TVs with Satellite tuners built-in often don't have Freesat mentioned on product summaries and the like, you have to comb through thr fuller specs, small print, or look at the connections at the back (or a photo of rear).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:23   #95
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A thread for FreeSat changes

i have a 2022 LG smart tv & my old sky dish is plugged in the side it works great & when i press the record button on the hand set it says do you want to record this program please insert a devise in the USB port . i just have to get a memory stick now
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 14:03   #96
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It will depend on the make and model of TV Richard, there's no Freesat specification for this I'm aware of. They'll likely all do it slightly differently from each other. These TVs with Satellite tuners built-in often don't have Freesat mentioned on product summaries and the like, you have to comb through thr fuller specs, small print, or look at the connections at the back (or a photo of rear).
Thanks, I didn't fancy having to contact Samsung CS as their CS is nearly as bad as Virgin Media Last time Samsung said I had to send my tablet in for repair to factory reset it!
Old 04-03-2023, 21:14   #97
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks, I didn't fancy having to contact Samsung CS as their CS is nearly as bad as Virgin Media Last time Samsung said I had to send my tablet in for repair to factory reset it!
Don't let it put you off Richard, I'm of the mind to buy one with a Satellite tuner next time I need to replace a TV, and I'd recommend to relatives if they have Satellite already. The tuner doesn't neeed to be used, but it's useful to have the flexibility available.
Old 25-04-2023, 18:48   #98
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Today's changes on Freesat:

Channel 4 HD is now regionalised from today.

*Ch 4 SD is now only on SD boxes via Ch 104^
*Ch 4 HD is now regional on HD boxes via Ch 104^
*E4 Extra has moved from Ch 181 to Ch 126 on all boxes.

^Channel 106 in Wales.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2023, 03:13   #99
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Two new channels set to launch soon on Freesat:

*That's Christmas
*Sky Mix HD

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_103524559
Old 13-10-2023, 22:18   #100
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Two new channels set to launch soon on Freesat:

*That's Christmas
*Sky Mix HD

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_103524559
Both rebrands (and a simultaneous resolution upgrade for Sky's channel), not launches which implies they are additional to existing provision.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Hang on, That's 70s isn't on Freesat so this is an addition...my bad, sorry.
Old 14-10-2023, 15:07   #101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

BREAKING NEWS: That's Media has just reveal on X That's Christmas will launch on Freeview, Sky and Freesat on the following EPG Channels:

*Freeview Channel 65 (where That's 60s is right now).
*Sky Channel 329.
*Freesat Channel 181.

Sky has reveal that Channel will launch on October 18th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-10-2023, 10:02   #102
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

ITV is finally bringing HD services to the two remaining regions that did not have it (Border Scotland & Channel TV). In January 2024 ITV will close the SD transmissions in the above mentioned regions, plus those in Wales & Ulster.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/1935...el-switch-off/

Last edited by nodrogd; 18-10-2023 at 10:06.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 18:53   #103
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The following changes will happen on Freesat in the coming month:

November
22nd - Rebrands for CBS Reality, Reality Xtra and Horror Xtra

January 2024
4th - That's Christmas > That's 60s (Change still to be confirmed)
5th - GREAT! Christmas/+1 > GREAT! Romance/+1
8th - BBC to go HD only

- ITV making some changes this month.

All info was given by a Sky worker on DS Forum:
Old 07-11-2023, 16:17   #104
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The following SD Channels has been removed on my Freesat HD box:

*110. BBC Scotland
*173. BBC Four
*179. BBC Three
*212. BBC News
*607. CBBC
*608. CBeebies
*971. BBC Red Button 1