Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | When do you qualify as a “new customer“?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

When do you qualify as a “new customer“?

Old 10-02-2023, 09:10   #1
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
When do you qualify as a “new customer“?

If I end my contract with Virgin Media (after 25 years) and sign up with an alternative, how long is it before VM consider me as a “new customer” and I qualify for those discounted rates?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2023, 10:12   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: When do you qualify as a “new customer“?

From the VM forum

"the existing account would to have a 30 days cancellation completed and then there would need to be no Virgin Media services at the property for 90 days to be able to get the new deal."

So, 120 days
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 10:52   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The 90 days requirement could be circumvented by someone else at the property signing up after the 30 days notice has been completed though.

If a person moved out and someone else moved in, they aren't going to make them wait for 90 days!

This obviously wouldn't work for those that live alone.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:06   #4
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From the VM forum

"the existing account would to have a 30 days cancellation completed and then there would need to be no Virgin Media services at the property for 90 days to be able to get the new deal."

So, 120 days
Thanks
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 13:23   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The 90 days requirement could be circumvented by someone else at the property signing up after the 30 days notice has been completed though.

If a person moved out and someone else moved in, they aren't going to make them wait for 90 days!

This obviously wouldn't work for those that live alone.
This even works for married couples with the same surname from what i've read.

The current account holder may have died or left due to a relationship breakdown, with the 'former' partner recommending Virgin to their 'former' partner before they left.

In the latter case this flip flopping could go on forever if the relationship is anything like Richard Burton & Eluzabeth Tsylor! They'd both keep getting referral fees too :
Old 11-02-2023, 16:13   #6
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

In reality if you're looking to sign up to a deal.....who is going to check? Are VM realistically going to turn down your money if you should re-sign a new deal? Regardless of what rules or guidance states.....they ain't gonna go to the effort of forcing you on to an old deal or similar.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

In reality if you're looking to sign up to a deal.....who is going to check? Are VM realistically going to turn down your money if you should re-sign a new deal? Regardless of what rules or guidance states.....they ain't gonna go to the effort of forcing you on to an old deal or similar.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 16:45   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

I'm sure they will know your name and address is on record and the system will flag it.
Old 11-02-2023, 18:51   #8
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I left and rejoined on a new customer deal last year. February to June was the rough gap, I’d need to dig out old statements to confirm exact dates.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 18:18   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

In reality I don't think they apply the rules anyway. They're never going to turn down new custom/money.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 14:21   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
In reality I don't think they apply the rules anyway. They're never going to turn down new custom/money.
Exactly, particularly when you consider how disorganised they are.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From the VM forum

So, 120 days
I wouldn't include the 30 day notice period as nothing changes throughout this time..
Old 05-03-2023, 14:22   #11
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This even works for married couples with the same surname from what i've read.

The current account holder may have died or left due to a relationship breakdown, with the 'former' partner recommending Virgin to their 'former' partner before they left.

In the latter case this flip flopping could go on forever if the relationship is anything like Richard Burton & Eluzabeth Tsylor! They'd both keep getting referral fees too :
I dont know if its still the case now, but you could used to sign up to VM without living at a property. So would be a way round for those who live alone.

A decade or so ago, my sister couldnt pass the VM credit check, the VM sales guy wanting the sale, drove here, picked me up, drove me to her house, I signed the contract, and he then drove me home again.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 16:42   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I dont know if its still the case now, but you could used to sign up to VM without living at a property. So would be a way round for those who live alone.

A decade or so ago, my sister couldnt pass the VM credit check, the VM sales guy wanting the sale, drove here, picked me up, drove me to her house, I signed the contract, and he then drove me home again.
Interesting! This could prove very useful for some. Thanks for posting.