Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 30-01-2023, 15:12   #31
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stann0 View Post
Got an email this morning advising my price would increase by £11 from 1st April. As my 18-month contract was fixed at £29 in December that would be a 38% increase. To say I was furious is putting it mildly. I rang retentions and thankfully came to a satisfactory agreement.

There must be people who just suck up these increases without questioning them.

I had similar, and reduced my bill by over 2/3
By cancelling all except broadband. That seemed satisfactory to me, and once Openreach finish finalising the local infrastructure that will be even more satisfactory.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2023, 16:44   #32
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by stann0 View Post
Got an email this morning advising my price would increase by £11 from 1st April. As my 18-month contract was fixed at £29 in December that would be a 38% increase. To say I was furious is putting it mildly. I rang retentions and thankfully came to a satisfactory agreement.

There must be people who just suck up these increases without questioning them.
I don’t understand why you’re furious.
The maths is simple.
Those with heavy discounts will get very high percentage increases due to the general price increase.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2023, 19:18   #33
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The maths is simple.
Those with heavy discounts will get very high percentage increases due to the general price increase.
I genuinely don’t think that’s reflective in the messaging, or that anyone would consider a 38% increase in contract reasonable.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2023, 19:33   #34
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

I was paying £62, in April if I had done nothing, I'd have been paying £99

I wonder how many other people there are, who would have done nothing and got that kind of increase. (The VM guy I spoke too had said the phones were red hot with people cancelling/downgrading their packages)
Old 30-01-2023, 19:41   #35
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The maths is simple.
Most will have some discount, the 13% av. increase, is deliberately misleading.
13% itself is way above inflation, which is forecast to come down this year, . Also a promise of more inflation busting increases and no cancellation rights in future years. Customers have a right to be upset.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2023, 21:27   #36
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

With inflation and the rise in energy prices many people are scrambling to save every penny they can, I read today there are many people cancelling their Netflicks/Disney etc subscriptions.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2023, 04:03   #37
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
A reminder that price rises are applied to standard prices, not necessarily the amount you pay. so If you have any discounts you increase will be higher.

E.g. a 13.8% increase on my package would mean I pay 27% more each month. I'll be hitting the phone as soon as I get my notification.
Wow O_o.

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 ----------

Good job they not heard of truflation which is just under 20%.

https://app.truflation.com/
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2023, 13:04   #38
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Increase of £7 from £44.49 to £51.49 for me, for 250Mb, I will be off to Youfibre as soon as
they are live here. They have been busy building around here for the last few months, so hopefully it won't be too long now.

£29.99/m for gigabit is just too good to pass up.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2023, 13:49   #39
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileikcaek View Post
Increase of £7 from £44.49 to £51.49 for me, for 250Mb, I will be off to Youfibre as soon as
they are live here. They have been busy building around here for the last few months, so hopefully it won't be too long now.

How do you know, they notified you already?
Old 31-01-2023, 13:50   #40
techguyone
Deus Vult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileikcaek View Post

What boils my piss is the disparity in pricing.

I'm paying £35 for 250 and I'm not a new customer.

My daughter is paying something different again, again not a new customer, how hard can it be for VM to have flat rates for the same service.
Old 31-01-2023, 13:53   #41
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

The YouFibre offer seems almost too good to be true but I have looked at the reviews and they are very positive, I think February will see me moving from VM to YouFibre.
Old 31-01-2023, 14:01   #42
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post

My daughter is paying something different again, again not a new customer, how hard can it be for VM to have flat rates for the same service.
Indeed, my ordering phone call I brought this up, I told the operator what someone else was paying for gig1, and she pretended the price point simply did not exist, I then offered to read out the proof and said be honest or I am putting the phone down now (as I personally cant stand these pricing shenanigans) she then admitted different customers pay different prices but she can only offer what the computer says, but then magically she discovered the volt offer after that admission. (previously was only offered the standard website price of £64).
Old 31-01-2023, 14:37   #43
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post

I'm paying £20 for 250mb and I'm not a new customer.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2023, 16:09   #44
Peter729
cf.addict

£20 for 250mb is an extremely good deal ��
Old 31-01-2023, 16:18   #45
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
£20 for 250mb is an extremely good deal ��
Don't I know it. I didn't ask for it, didn't need it but it was offered so I took it.
I was on 100mb at the time and was quite willing to go back to 50mb, as that's all I need.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote