Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Antivirus / anti spyware / Firewall, and computer health thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Antivirus / anti spyware / Firewall, and computer health thread

Old 22-02-2023, 05:30   #61
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Hehe I can see your right!! (About getting a 404)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2023, 21:14   #62
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Antivirus / anti spyware / Firewall, and computer health thread

Anyone pay for Norton 360? I got a year free with an SSD and tomorrow I am getting another year free with a motherboard so if anyone wants them it is 3 device variant
Old 04-04-2023, 10:39   #63
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I use it but have plenty of licenses for 2 years. Renewing is always a bit of a palaver because you buy a new license from Amazon at far less than the renewal and then phone Norton to move your devices to the new license. I buy 10 devices and use 7.
Old 26-05-2023, 20:14   #64
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

I've been using Bit Defender for 2 Years. Dad when he was alive switched himself and us to it away from Kaspersky.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2023, 21:54   #65
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
6 Month Bitdefender Total Security 2023 trial, German VPN needed to visit the sign-up page otherwise you get a 404 error.

https://www.bitdefender.de/media/htm...opt/index.html
Just looked is it happy with UK e mail address asking before I even try
Old 21-06-2023, 22:05   #66
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just looked is it happy with UK e mail address asking before I even try
I used a fake Gmail, I use the same email to sign up every 3 to 6 months you just move the period and it treats it like a different email, for example sign-up with something like mybitemailaddress @ Gmail then 3 to 6 months later do the same again and add a period e.g my.bitemailaddress @ Gmail.
Old 22-06-2023, 18:02   #67
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I used a fake Gmail, I use the same email to sign up every 3 to 6 months you just move the period and it treats it like a different email, for example sign-up with something like mybitemailaddress @ Gmail then 3 to 6 months later do the same again and add a period e.g my.bitemailaddress @ Gmail.
Ok stupid question, nothing comes in to it?
Old 22-06-2023, 18:27   #68
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ok stupid question, nothing comes in to it?
I don't understand your question?
Old 22-06-2023, 20:09   #69
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
I don't understand your question?
Sorry, do they contact the address (that isn't ) to confirm ,I guess not
Old 22-06-2023, 20:46   #70
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Sorry, do they contact the address (that isn't ) to confirm ,I guess not
As it's a free trial if that link or other 3 month links still work, you just get an email to verify it, and likely some marketing junk, but as it's a throw away email you won't have to access it again if you do the 'period' trick, if the email is long enough it can last you years.

I've been using this trick for donkeys years, I just have to find a working 3-6 month link for their trial which isn't too hard.

So when it comes to sign-up again you just change the email in the bit defender app and it resets, there is no limitation on the trial it's the full top product direct from bit defenders site.

It sounds complicated but it really isn't and it never asks for payment details.
Old 23-06-2023, 15:21   #71
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
As it's a free trial if that link or other 3 month links still work, you just get an email to verify it, and likely some marketing junk, but as it's a throw away email you won't have to access it again if you do the 'period' trick, if the email is long enough it can last you years.

I've been using this trick for donkeys years, I just have to find a working 3-6 month link for their trial which isn't too hard.

So when it comes to sign-up again you just change the email in the bit defender app and it resets, there is no limitation on the trial it's the full top product direct from bit defenders site.

It sounds complicated but it really isn't and it never asks for payment details.
Cheers, on a different subject any information on f secure, offered a month free
Old 26-06-2023, 14:02   #72
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If anyone is interested in 30 day free VPN, 30 days free with SurfShark (I currently have a 2 year subscription with them).

If people use it for 30 days, I get an extra 30 days free, but that's not why I'm posting the link - I like SurfShark because it has a "no logs" policy, it has unlimited usage logins (so all my family use it on all their devices), I've never had speed issues, and the price us reasonable.

https://surfshark.club/friend/TNfF5YjK
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 12:21   #73
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Kaspersky now offering two place VPN as standard
Old 29-10-2023, 12:43   #74
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If anyone is interested in 30 day free VPN, 30 days free with SurfShark (I currently have a 2 year subscription with them).

If people use it for 30 days, I get an extra 30 days free, but that's not why I'm posting the link - I like SurfShark because it has a "no logs" policy, it has unlimited usage logins (so all my family use it on all their devices), I've never had speed issues, and the price us reasonable.

https://surfshark.club/friend/TNfF5YjK
Or use Proton VPN, free all the time.
https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn
Can't be that many restrictions as I can stream whole football matches ok (but afraid Hugh doesn't get his free time unfortunately )
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 13:05   #75
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Or use Proton VPN, free all the time.
https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn
Can't be that many restrictions as I can stream whole football matches ok (but afraid Hugh doesn't get his free time unfortunately )
It hasn't got any servers in the UK*, so I wouldn't be able to access BBC iPlayer when I'm abroad...

I don't have a problem paying under a pound a week to have VPN on my phone, PC, two tablets, my wife's phone and tablet, and on our two fire stick - ymmv...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote