Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VOLT customers and the price hike

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

VOLT customers and the price hike

Old 01-03-2022, 15:06   #1
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
VOLT customers and the price hike

If we're on Volt, do we have a right to cancel the mobile element of the package now that we've been informed of the 11.7% price increase? I'm okay with the Virgin Media Broadband/TV/Phone but have service issues with the mobile since the switch to Vodafone network.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2022, 16:52   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VOLT customers and the price hike

No, the RPI + 3.9% price increase is built into both Virgin Mobile and O2 mobile terms, and doesn't trigger a Right To Cancel.

Also just for clarity Volt SIMs aren't on the Vodafone radio network, they're O2 SIMs on the O2 network. It's standalone Virgin Mobile SIMs and those part of the Oomph bundles that were on the EE radio network and are being moved to the Vodafone radio network.

Although you get Volt benefits on your O2 SIM, the rest of the terms are standard O2 Pay Monthly terms. So if you are having any coverage issues with your O2 SIM in a Volt bundle, then you'll need to speak to O2 customers services as to what options are available.

Last edited by BenMcr; 01-03-2022 at 16:55.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 17:13   #3
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No, the RPI + 3.9% price increase is built into both Virgin Mobile and O2 mobile terms, and doesn't trigger a Right To Cancel.
Thanks for clarifying, Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Also just for clarity Volt SIMs aren't on the Vodafone radio network, they're O2 SIMs on the O2 network. It's standalone Virgin Mobile SIMs and those part of the Oomph bundles that were on the EE radio network and are being moved to the Vodafone radio network.

Although you get Volt benefits on your O2 SIM, the rest of the terms are standard O2 Pay Monthly terms. So if you are having any coverage issues with your O2 SIM in a Volt bundle, then you'll need to speak to O2 customers services as to what options are available.
I had coverage issues with my Volt O2 SIM and Virgin were very helpful and sent me an unlimited Virgin Mobile SIM as a replacement. Unfortunately, I've now found the VM service over Vodafone is also poor for data (VM over EE was excellent).

I'm in London SE10 and neighbours on Vodafone get excellent service so I think there's something wrong with the VM/Vodafone service. It's not the device and it's not a local mast issue as I've had sub-standard 4G speeds everywhere since the switch to Vodafone. I've got unlimited data and I'm paying even more for it now, hence my original question.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 17:26   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I had coverage issues with my Volt O2 SIM and Virgin were very helpful and sent me an unlimited Virgin Mobile SIM as a replacement. Unfortunately, I've now found the VM service over Vodafone is also poor for data (VM over EE was excellent).
I would find out exactly what's happened there.

A Virgin Mobile SIM doesn't qualify you for Volt benefits, so if your O2 SIM was cancelled within the 14 RTC window, then the Volt benefits on your cable services may be removed as well.

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resou...er_2021_V5.pdf

Quote:
ANNEX A
4. If you cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan within 14 days of: (a) you receiving your O2 SIM following you purchasing an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan; or (b) you re-contracting to an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan at the same time as purchasing Virgin Media broadband services, you will become ineligible for the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services. Depending on the services you receive:
1. we may remove any applicable Volt broadband speed boost;
2. if you have chosen to subscribe to Intelligent WiFi Plus, you will no longer be entitled to receive the Intelligent WiFi Plus service for free (unless you take Gig1 Fibre Broadband) and standard pricing will be applied going forward; and
3. if you were receiving the Ultimate Volt Bundle and you have cancelled your O2 Unlimited SIM, we may move your Virgin Media services to the Bigger Sports & Movies Bundle (or the nearest equivalent bundle to Bigger Sports & Movies available at the time).If you would prefer to move to a different package, you should call Virgin Media to discuss your options.
5. If you subsequently cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan after the 14 day period referred to in Section A.1.4 above, the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services may be lost when you next recontract to Virgin Media’s services

Last edited by BenMcr; 01-03-2022 at 17:30.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote